imV

Regular disconnecting

Ive came back after 5 years and im more disappointed than ever. Ive been playing for few months now, every day, from ~20:00 to ~22:00 on Lithuanian time, the game starts disconnecting, 3-4 times on average, usually it happens in the middle or the end if the mission, very oftten when i have good scores. Whats strange is that it almost never happens in social, or when im not in the mission, im fine.... When i see the disconnect countdown, i check my wifi connection, its fine, and its fine on my phone too, sometimes it shows that there is no internet, when im kicked out after the countdown, it instantly works again. Im sure it not my wifi, this must be game's issue, or maybe im being hacked again... Does anyone else have this problem? ^^

Hi .. Appreciate that your having issues.  the errors stated can be all related to one cause,  or sometimes many, but for us to better help you we need to narrow down some information, so can you add some information regarding your system 

1) PC Spec hardware -

A) If Prebuild list its Manufacture & model Number + any hardware changes you have made. :

Or 

B) If a custom build the Specs of your machine, as follows, 

Motherboard (Model): 

Processor (model):

Memory (model + Capacity): 

Graphics Card (title + Model):

Primary OS storage device (Type + model): 

Secondary if used for storing game files  (type + Model) : 

Any peripherals items = Sound cards, capture cards, 

Operating system (type and version id) : 

2) the run time environment , 

a) Was you playing the game with any applications recording/capturing or visual overlays for chat clients ?   

b) have you made or installed any new hardware to your compute since the game was installed ? 

c) Do you run any 3rd party Antivirus or Malware security applications that have updated since the last known working time the game ran ? 

d) do you run the game "vanilla" or via a modded launcher like "ADV"?

----- a quick point to check.  

On a "hunch" based of what you have already stated, its more related to "live events" where you are connecting to the server send/receiving packets., I would question Security Applications / Firewall etc.. including router firewall Nat. however this is just a "hunch" . gaming over wifi has got a lot better in recent years, but still has its issues in regards to hardware and configs.  but with out the further information it will be difficult to help narrow down any one point. additionally i would say "have you taken your machine and directly connected to your router to test if you get the same issues at the exact same time of play" i know this is more difficult then said. but a simple issue with your wifi card/dongle could be the problem, drivers, signal, .. 

Sorry for a delayed response.

1. I did not buy any parts for this pc, its premade.

A. Asus 

B. 

Motherboard - TUF B450-PRO GAMING

Processor - ADM Ryzen 5 300 6-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

Memory - 16 GB, cant know the model's name

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Primary and secondary storage devices? i dont know the names, APB is installed on C disc

Cannot find the name of my sound card, and i dont know what a capture card is.

Operating system - Windows 10 Pro  10.0.18363 Build 18363

A. When playing i only use GeForce Experience for screenshots and videos.

B. No new hardware installed.

C. No 3rd party programs.

D. I run vanilla version. Can you get banned for advancer launcher? What does it do? Can it make graphics even better than maximum?

My wifi is good, download speed is great - ~16.17 mbs, but upload speed is trash - 0.75 mbs.

I live in a village now. My wifi router is in the kitchen, its the only place where the connection is good, if i move it 1m to the side, connection goes bad. So i cant use a dirrect short cable to connect to pc, yes, it would be way better, but wifi does not work in my room. I use a 20m long cable, its the only way i can use wifi on pc. When i see disconnecting countdown in a game, i check my internet status, and its still connected, to pc and phone, sometimes it shows that its disconnected, but once im kicked out to login screen, the internet connects again. Im convinced that this is an issue in game, not my wifi. Even if you live in a city and have a good router and good wifi, or just a normal modem, you lose connection sometimes, its normal.  This does not happens in any other online games for me, just APB. Always from ~22:00 to ~23:00 it randomly starts kicking me out, EVERYDAY, and each day, this disconnecting begins earlier and earlier^^

hi @imV hope youre well.   Nice rig. some appreciation for you. 6core 12 thread feels nice right.  so premade.. tricky (personal opinion)  Your OS is out of date though, known as 1909 , the latest is 20H2. run your updater . 

So Wifi has come along way , but like everything there is a thousand options and configurations between the makes, they all lock each other out.  another issue is if your actual "broadband/internet" connection is over "Phoneline" instead of satalite or Coax/fibre  then you will always notice a slow down when everyone in your street gets home from school or work and begins streaming or playing games.  its the same for the power grid when the tv ads come one everyone goes and makes a tea.. 

you say that if you move 1m to a side its poops out. this is your issue.  Im a bit lost on this : 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:05 AM, imV said:

So i cant use a dirrect short cable to connect to pc, yes, it would be way better, but wifi does not work in my room. I use a 20m long cable, its the only way i can use wifi on pc.

your saying you "Cant" use a direct cable,   but then say wifi does not work, you use a 20m cable , the only way you can get wifi.     

we need to separate the terms

WIFI / Wireless = Is a type of connection with no direct physical cable but by  frequency  with many factors that can break connection. 

Ethernet / cable = is a type of connection with a direct connecting cable that can only disconnect by damage or hardware.

Internet/broadband / ISP = Is referred to as your "incoming connection" or internet. 

- If your Wifi/wireless "up" is 0.75 then this is a big issue as the game relies on good connection in both directions, 

- always having an issue between 22:00 - 23:00 i would actually question if anyone in the house is watching tv the news via the internet? also check your computer if it is set to do update checks at this time?   

- ISP Caps / peak times can also be an issue,. it is different in other countries but many have a "usage" cap. if you download (in any form) of data to a set limit you may have your connection speed reduced. so if you play for 2 hours and youv unknowingly used 3gb of interenet data playing games, then this would be the result of your connection reduction. this would also account for the variation in timing. 

additional:  having your game on C : Os drive. this is not advisable, but not priority right now. 

Edited by Sgt Drayke

Hey, yes im well fir now, thanks.

Why a premade pc is bad? I looked in online shop, looked at all specs, looked good, and i bought it. This pc is not good compared to todays standars, but im satisfied for now. 

Actually, last night, i was not disconnected once, weird. 

Sorry, my english is not perfect yet, i have trouble explaining things sometimes, especially when i dont know words, let me try again ^^ 

Router

This is the router that i have. In the city, ita does not matter where you move it, it works, but in village its unstable, i keep it in one place, like i said, i move it 1m to the side, the connection becomes worse, so i cant put it in my room and use a dirrect cable, by dirrect i mean, there was a short ~1m long yellow cable that came witg the router in the box. Its good for laptops, or pc's if you in a city, but i have to use a long cable allvthe way from the kitchen to my room, im sure it has some bad effect on my internet speed, but its fine, my game latency is still always ~ 80ms +-. The weather also has a big effect. If its cold, the air is thinner, at hot summer days, its almost impossible to play or do anything on pc, hot air is thick, makes it harder for 4g waves to travel. 

I was old that games installed on C disc can run faster, but i dont see any difference. 

I think my internet in unlimited, downloading games, movies, tv shows, anywhere from 5gb to 120gb, any size, its not getting slower, its not fast in here, but its stable, so thats not the problem. 

Maybe i wrote the wrong numbers, sorry, its usually starts from 20:00 - 21:00 to 23:00 or until i logout. No one is using internet for tv, theres only 2 of us in the house, and this never happened on other online games. But my upload speed might be tge problem, sometimes is bad, sometimes it gets betted, its best when its very cold, i dont know, maybe its actually game's issue, asked others, they also have this issue, maybe not daily like me, but still. And you know that the game right now is a complete mess, so many cheaters and no one cares, and the game has not been properly updated for years. My acc got stoled 6 yrs ago, ive came back some months ago, and everything is the same. 

Hi @imV

Your computer is good. Just my own personal  opinion on "premade" systems.  so do not worry.  and your doing great explaining 😉

So its a Sim Based, 4g Router, This makes a lot more sense now.  Think of it like Tethering to your mobile phone to play games.  Unfortunately regardless of how some companies market there "best for gaming" crap.. gaming over 4g will be unstable, yes you may have high UP Down speeds, but the actual consistency of your connection and "Latency" will hurt.   4g is not designed for gaming and especially home router products.    

And in terms of were to locate such a device, well..    you have to think of routers as the centre of the wireless bubble (depending on product design/build.) however materials like thick concrete, iron/steel, copper, lead, then electronics like fridges microwaves etc and even humans can all effect the working range of frequency. also why you should never have a router near a tv or computer, as the electro static from those devices effect the router. 

Tough, I would say place it near a window / door  of an external wall, but also you can search to find out which direction/location your local antenna is, so positioning your router on the correct side of the property will help. 

beyond that you get into the world of having an external 4g/5g Receiver installed and wire into your property.    

Last night it was 2nd day in a row without disconnecting. You can also buy an antenna that boosts mobile and internet connection. To send an sms or to call someone i need to go outside, there is no mobile reception inside, but wifi waves are different and it works great, maybe its not designed for gaming, but all disconneting aside, all games are working great, very low latency. I usually have ~80 on apb, even if wifi is turned on on the phone with discord working, but if i use discord or uTorrent or any browser on pc, my latency goes above 200ms and more, i turn off everything and its fine then, i guess one game with everything else disabled is a limit for this wifi, but as long as im not being kicked out, im satisfied ^^

Aaah nope,, celebrated too quicly, disconnecting again.. Lol. Hey but thanks for all the help ^^

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I almost have the same issue since a few months.

Im running APB through Steam.

My RIG:

Schenker XMG P507 2016

Intel Core i7 6700HQ (onboard Graphics disabled)

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

System Disk C: PCIE SSD 256 GB

Steam and APB installed on drive E: SATA INTENSO SSD 500GB

There is no additional software installed. Windows Defender AV and FW active.

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1052

It dissconnects randomly. Sometimes after 5 Minutes and sometimes after 30 minutes.

Sometimes it shows the countdown but sometimes it just disconnetcs without any warning.

After 4-5 disconnects the came is crashing after login.

I already reinstalled APB and also Windows in April.

Does anyone know about this issue?

hi @xxdinnerxx

So disconnects are a tough one to solve. and not always your systems or games fault. 

First What type of connection are you using ?

1) Phone line (known in uk as ADSL)

2) Copper Coax (known in uk as DSL) 

3) Fibre (dont be fooled most fibre is only to your street junction box then coax to the door, more expensive will be fibre to house) 

4) Satellite

5)  4G or 5G  (cellular network - roaming for best connection) 

so the best is 2 & 3, mid is 1 and can be 4, Worst is 5.     Location in the world also plays a big part, some people in the north of england will have worse connection then say london, although  london will be weaker due to traffic its more stable.  same applies for small towns compared to big cities.

Secondly - Router and internal network,.  so if youv been supplied a router from your isp then the question is how is it setup, most are set for avg users and not gaming, so you would need access to log into it and set the router up, now getting performance from a router would mean opening it up and reducing the safeguards a little, not always best. plus if youv got family to worry about then dont do it . 

Also Your connection to and from the router, if your using RJ45 cable direct connection then this is obviously best,  if your using wireless, then there are even more things to worry about, building materials, electrical items like speakers tvs fridges ovens microwaves etc can all reduce the performance of wireless (wifi) also if you have 1 or more rooms which are heavily used by humans, someone simply walking around can interfere with the signal strength. 

One way to test is can you hard wire to your router to test if not already? or even for a quick test move your system to the router ? if in another room? 

in terms of your rig at a glance it looks solid for apb. (i havnt researched each spec of your system)   you can get network monitoring tools from microsoft or other providers, this can help you understand your data packets and connections to Router and external Ips. 

Hi @Sgt Drayke:

I currently use 3 different connections.

I tested it with 2 from them:

Main connection: Vodafone Cable (coax) 1000mbits down / 50 up

Modem: Vodafone Station in bridged mode connectet to WAN 1 on my own router: Synology RT2600ac

Backup connection: Deutsche Telekom vDSL 100mbtis down / 40 up

Modem: Zyxel VMG3006-D70A on WAN 2 of the Synology RT2600ac

The Router is configured to fail over, so connection switching is not the issue.

I'm located about 80km south of Frankfurt. Our city has a direct Fibre connection to DE-CIX, so location should not be a problem.

I always use RJ45 CAT 6 S/FTP Cable for gaming to avoid connection issues.

While playing, there was no connection loss reported by the router.

All other applications (router monitoring and a monitoring of a cloud server) was running normal during the disconnect.

If there would be a hit on the FW of the router I would get an E-Mail immediately.

Also blocked content accessed by a device within the network is reported.

Throught gaming with my RIG, there was nothing reported.

I can check later with disabled Windows Firewall and Antivirus + disabled user account control to see, if there is any difference.

Next step after it would to check if there is a packet loss. Does APB offer a tool built in to the game for that?

Alright good stuff.  wont ask why you have all the tech 😂 i cant talk much with my setup , you must have an equally good reason. 

So Connection Switching could be an issue in regards to external ip, which is why 4g 5g connections are so horrible for gaming, when a connection is switched lost/reconnected to a different provider or antenna then in nearly all cases the external ip is different and unfortunate the unwritten rule is to not notify sender/receivers  it would just create to much traffic.  thus all previous packets are being sent by server to an ip that no longer exists, 

So your last question about APB and packet loss, there is a monitoring tool ingame, it can be "finiky" to say other wise if your up for the challenge then microsoft provide a free network monitoring tool to check your packet/data network activity.  

then problem being is if your not having connection issues in any other game or application and it points to apb only, but because this is not a global large scale issue even in EU, (although there are some service providers people are having issues with)  this would all point to = "The game installation environment" ie - Hardware build, OS version and Software installed of which the game in installed into . this then becomes an issue only you can hunt down.   My personal option if this is the case would be to  view your router logs around the time you get disconnects, see if the router is blocking anything?  also cross refrence with your security software AV/AM/Firewall Defender . it might come down to 1 game file thats been flagged by  antivirus say for trying to access a dll in memory and this one file is dropping the game .  I did regularly have 20+ files flagged by Comodo at one point by hips. for irregular memory access.   Event Viewer will also show faulting files if its catching your game crash out. may also show events in network log.

May also be worth loading "event Viewer" and checking some of the advanced filters, especially hardware.  just incase your having any issues with power stability / rj45 port drivers or drop out.  sounds odd but in recent years its become more common to question power consumption and stability , when system is at load you could be topping your psu or power from wall (or if on an extension cord) static on cables, be it power cords effecting RJ45 cable if its not shielded.   or even heat,  but all these are rare and reaching for causes. 

hope this helps shed some light on a very difficult "search and destroy" mission 👌😉

Edited by Sgt Drayke

I try to check and find out where the issue is coming from yesterday.

Unfortunately the game was working without disconnect :D.

I will have a look on it if it appears again 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help!