Vanthia

Letter to Little Orbit from the APB Chinese Community

Adding Localisation (More Languages for this game)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we not only consider this beneficial, but getting it done ASAP is really important.

• Yes, its priority should be higher.
    • No, it should not be bothered.

Hi Mr. Scott,

I’m elated over the news of you guys acquiring APB after almost 6 months of no ‘new news’, really excited over your acquisition of this game. I’m sincerely hoping that you guys can make this game become as successful as what it is meant to become.

However, as stated in the title, I would like to ask (on behalf of the entire APB:Reloaded Chinese player base) if LO has any plans or interest in adding a Chinese language option for us Chinese players.

We started as a small group of dedicated APB:Reloaded Chinese players playing since the RTW era. Ever since then, we have been attempting to actively recommend this game to our friends and people who are interested in this genre. We even tried to communicate with the previous owner of the game, GamersFirst, where we did not really get any official responses. Eventually, the language barrier takes effect and severely hinders our effort.

As a matter of fact, Chinese is the most spoken language in the world, indicating the colossal player base APB:Reloaded can access to, making it a huge market. Examples of such games would be PUBG & GTA:OL, the former’s popularity is especially applicable in the context of APB:Reloaded. With some research, it was observed that PUBG’s spiraling popularity in China is due to the ‘advertising’ & spread from many streamers, and we believe that it is strongly correlated with the fact that PUBG offers a Chinese language option. In our humble opinion, APB:Reloaded providing such an option will definitely provide a strong competition to other games in the market such as PUBG & GTA:OL. Not to mention many edges that APB:Reloaded has such as its unique customization & strategic gameplay.

With regards to the “$0.10 a word (or higher)” concern (Quoted from the Spanish community thread), we believe that at an early stage it is OK to just partially translate the UI (E.g. Combat/Marketplace/Etcetera.) where it is understandable for players to know what is going on. If possible, some of us players do not mind assisting with the translation process, for free.

Again, with regards to a larger community concern: HAN server. In our humble opinion, if we can start to get Chinese players into the game, the population may not be much of an issue anymore. You don’t even have to merge the servers if that is the case.

Finally, please do not under-estimate the capacity & potential of Chinese gaming market 😊. Statistics have proved that our large player base really generates a lot of revenue for the gaming industry (For example, https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/).

Of course, we understand that LO has just taken over the company, and there is a ton of work for you guys to manage as well such as the engine upgrade. However, in our humble opinion, adding a language option is much simpler & practical compared to the engine upgrade, so why not do the former first 😊.

Regards,

Vanthia

TL:DR - Please consider adding Chinese language into the game! Thank you!

很高兴在AFK了大半年之后,终于听到了关于APB的新消息,祝贺你们的成功收购,期待LO有更大的成功!

作为APB新的拥有者,你们有没有增加中文游戏语言的计划?

因为APB的魅力,在从RTW时代开始接触APB起,我们这些中国最早的一批玩家一直想把APB介绍给身边的朋友 ,一直在为增加APB中文语言选项而与官方沟通,无奈一直得不到官方的支持。很多朋友也无法跟我们一起走 得更远。

中文无疑是世界上使用人数最多的语言,也不用质疑中文游戏玩家的数量。你们可以了解一下PUBG在中国的 火爆程度(之前是GTAV),因为PUBG有中文,各大游戏主播很容易就能把大量的游戏玩家带进PUBG。如果APB 有中文,相信APB可以取代PUBG,毕竟APB的可玩性比PUGB强太多了。

关于 $0.10 a word ”,其实只用需要针对UI部分翻译就足够了,如果可以,我们这些忠实玩家可以免费 进行文字翻译。

关于“HAN是否与其他服务器合并”,如果大量中国玩家进入HAN,这个就不是问题了。

最后,也不要质疑中国玩家的消费能力😊

当然,我也能理解你们有更重要的工作要做,比如引擎升级等等,但如果增加语言选项比引擎升级更容易实 现,花的时间更少的话,为何不先完成它呢?

Edited by Vanthia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vanthia said:

Hi Mr. Scott,

I’m elated over the news of you guys acquiring APB after almost 6 months of no ‘new news’, really excited over your acquisition of this game. I’m sincerely hoping that you guys can make this game become as successful as what it is meant to become.

However, as stated in the title, I would like to ask (on behalf of the entire APB:Reloaded Chinese player base) if LO has any plans or interest in adding a Chinese language option for us Chinese players.

We started as a small group of dedicated APB:Reloaded Chinese players playing since the RTW era. Ever since then, we have been attempting to actively recommend this game to our friends and people who are interested in this genre. We even tried to communicate with the previous owner of the game, GamersFirst, where we did not really get any official responses. Eventually, the language barrier takes effect and severely hinders our effort.

As a matter of fact, Chinese is the most spoken language in the world, indicating the colossal player base APB:Reloaded can access to, making it a huge market. Examples of such games would be PUBG & GTA:OL, the former’s popularity is especially applicable in the context of APB:Reloaded. With some research, it was observed that PUBG’s spiraling popularity in China is due to the ‘advertising’ & spread from many streamers, and we believe that it is strongly correlated with the fact that PUBG offers a Chinese language option. In our humble opinion, APB:Reloaded providing such an option will definitely provide a strong competition to other games in the market such as PUBG & GTA:OL. Not to mention many edges that APB:Reloaded has such as its unique customization & strategic gameplay.

With regards to the “$0.10 a word (or higher)” concern (Quoted from the Spanish community thread), we believe that at an early stage it is OK to just partially translate the UI (E.g. Combat/Marketplace/Etcetera.) where it is understandable for players to know what is going on. If possible, some of us players do not mind assisting with the translation process, for free.

Again, with regards to a larger community concern: HAN server. In our humble opinion, if we can start to get Chinese players into the game, the population may not be much of an issue anymore. You don’t even have to merge the servers if that is the case.

Finally, please do not under-estimate the capacity & potential of Chinese gaming market 😊. Statistics have proved that our large player base really generates a lot of revenue for the gaming industry (For example, https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/).

Of course, we understand that LO has just taken over the company, and there is a ton of work for you guys to manage as well such as the engine upgrade. However, in our humble opinion, adding a language option is much simpler & practical compared to the engine upgrade, so why not do the former first 😊.

Regards,

Vanthia

因为APB的魅力,在从RTW时代开始接触APB起,我们这些中国最早的一批玩家一直想把APB介绍给身边的朋友 ,一直在为增加APB中文语言选项而与官方沟通,无奈一直得不到官方的支持。很多朋友也无法跟我们一起走 得更远。

中文无疑是世界上使用人数最多的语言,也不用质疑中文游戏玩家的数量。你们可以了解一下PUBG在中国的 火爆程度(之前是GTAV),因为PUBG有中文,各大游戏主播很容易就能把大量的游戏玩家带进PUBG。如果APB 有中文,相信APB可以取代PUBG,毕竟APB的可玩性比PUGB强太多了。

最后,也不要质疑中国玩家的消费能力😊

This is the most wholesome of posts/requests. China deserves to enjoy the wonderful world of APB too :).

这是最有用的发布请求。中国也值得享受APB的美好世界

• Thanks 1

same here,the language  is the biggest problem for Chinese players!

Well i know all about that when i dont know how to read kanji but friends want me to play Phantasy Star Online 2. Such a wonderful and beautiful looking game but I can't read any form of Japanese.

• Like 1

Plzplzplz

i come from china

i really love this game

plzplzplz

真的是一款巨好的游戏,只是一没有中文,二年代太过久远所以画面有一点过时,特别希望能添加中文!特别希望能够出续作!

No more ARK Servers to rekt?

Lol, just jokin bra...

Edit: On a sidenote, wouldn't it be good to have Han F2P as well, just so it gets populated again?

Edited by Sniperturtle

Please think it over carefully when we need Chinese!!!!

i hope it have chinese version so that i can recommend my friends to play this game。

poor guys about to lose their server and have to deal with shitty ping.

6 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

poor guys about to lose their server and have to deal with shitty ping.

b74.gif

Happy Dragon Boat Festival!!!

1 hour ago, Vanthia said:

Hi Mr. Scott,

Regards,

Vanthia

最后,也不要质疑中国玩家的消费能力😊

it is entirely possible for one or many of you to translate the language files yourself. if you have to replace an existing language or not is something i'm not entirely certain about, however I can tell you that you can start by rewriting the text in all the files in the APB Directiory at: APB Reloaded\APBGame\Localization.

I can also suggest to you to try copy & pasting some files from the other languages, into a CHI folder with the extension of .CHI, and try to launch the game with launch option -LANGUAGE=XXXX from your region, using one of the codes from this table (I would assume 1028). https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287874(v=office.12).aspx#Language

Using a shortcut, you could use launch options like: "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\APBprogram" -LANGUAGE=1028" in the target

That's a place to start

Edited by sidezz

I spend a lot of time to teach friends to play APB, but English is too hard to them, some of them said, "If Chinese langage is ready, our wallets will be ready at the same time."

花了很多时间教身边的朋友玩APB,但是英语对他们来说太难了,有朋友说,“你什么时候准备好中文,我什么时候准备好钱包。”

Edited by JackBauerHan

5 minutes ago, sidezz said:

it is entirely possible for one or many of you to translate the language files yourself. if you have to replace an existing language or not is something i'm not entirely certain about, however I can tell you that you can start by rewriting the text in all the files in the APB Directiory at: APB Reloaded\APBGame\Localization.

I can also suggest to you to try copy & pasting some files from the other languages, into a CHI folder with the extension of .CHI, and try to launch the game with launch option -LANGUAGE=XXXX from your region, using one of the codes from this table (I would assume 1028). https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287874(v=office.12).aspx#Language

Using a shortcut, you could use launch options like: "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\APBprogram" -LANGUAGE=1028" in the target

That's a place to start

Russians have done something similar, and nobody wants them.

Ребята и девчонки. Эта идея очень очень хорошая. И эта выгодно как игрокам так и Little Orbit.

Я знаю что в Китае очень много хороших программистов и тех кто сможет успешно перевести игру на китайский .. Начните просить  Selali и Lixil сделать набор волонтеров для перевода игры на вам так удобный родной язык .. Я думаю что это будет услышано и будет еще одним шагом на пути к успеху..

15 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Русские сделали что-то подобное, и никто не хочет их.

Вы ошибаетесь ...

e8066819305d.png

9 minutes ago, sidezz said:

That's a place to start

If you study more, you will know add Chinese is not so simple just replace some translated text, especially Chinese, must need official support, such as add Chinese character in game file system, something like that.

I know one friend have finished Chinese patch many years ago, you know online game often updated,  if no offical support, all is nothing. ank now, we have lost this guy for a long time.

2 minutes ago, JackBauerHan said:

If you study more, you will know add Chinese is not so simple just replace some translated text, especially Chinese, must need official support, such as add Chinese character in game file system, something like that.

I know one friend have finished Chinese patch many years ago, you know online game often updated,  if no offical support, all is nothing. ank now, we have lost this guy for a long time.

Yep, that's true. In old time we get a lot of languages into the launcher choises, but they're all gone now, sadly. I really would like to see Korean, Chinese, Taiwan in game it can be really cool.

17 minutes ago, JackBauerHan said:

right I forget that chinese conveys a lot of different things per character...

oh well I hope LO gets a true localization team for apb at some point

Edited by sidezz

9 minutes ago, sidezz said:

Although not very sure, add more languages option should be more easily than engine update, more languages=more players(dumb money), this is a very simple reason.

Edited by JackBauerHan

WEEB DETECTED 

h3FA35202

But I gotta agree that it's quite unfair ruskies get to keep their language while chinese players have to switch.

1 hour ago, sidezz said:

+1 for this as well. APB should definitely be available for a wider player base. Adding more language is definitely a viable approach.

With additional regards to HAN server, merging with NA seems really redundant if localisations & perhaps some form of advertisements are in place. The Asia market is really huge & has potentials in my opinion. Will really be appreciated too if @MattScott can provide some insights for us to see where LO stands on this localization issue, which I humbly believe is an ideal win-win situation for both parties.