R3ACT3M

Can we expect any patches for APB 1.2?

1 hour ago, Thiagao145 said:

In other words : game is doomed and probably dead.

cooooooooooooorrect!

6 hours ago, Cuve said:

SPCT team to that with maybe 2 members that actually play the game

The numbers at least... four ok

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cuve said:

They wouldn't complain if there wasn't anything to complain about.
Without playing the game and seeing the weapon changes, you can already see that a lot of them do not make any sense.
Add an SPCT team to that with maybe 2 members that actually play the game actively to decide the changes.. It's stupid.

Get a team that actually plays the game, that knows the meta, knows what is strong and weak.. 
But that isn't anywhere near possible as most people in this game speak from their own ego's and only want to see their favourite weapon being buffed.

The game is divided in 3 groups, the tryhard Andies that are being straight-up toxic most of the time, Russians and anything below high golds aka the group that plays what they want just because they do not give a single F about anything.

Unless the population grows in this god forsaken game, there shouldn't be any weapon "balances" or changes at all. All LO has to be focussed on is this ugly engine upgrade and make sure it's not going to be the flop that people are expecting it to be after all the failed Beta tests.

I just don't think it matters for APB and here's my thoughts on why:

APB has many weapons, because APB has these many weapons 1 or 3 are bound to be easier or stronger than the rest.

APB is definitely the home of monkey see monkey do. 1 person plays a gun and owns everyone. That 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 6 to 8 and so on. Until this one gun becomes meta. 

This is what will happen everytime something is "balanced" in APB. I don't think it's so much as X,Y,Z guns are broken or overpowered. People get annoyed at fighting the same meta all the time. Which is why yes APB balance is important. To distribute said meta across many guns.

My thoughts on a solution? Well I would make the guns every player has access to: STAR, NTEC, OBEYA, OCA, JG, SHAW, and ALIG really good and solid guns. Once each of these are fun to play against each other. Begin buffing every other gun in the game to be at least on par with the previously said weapons. 

Another thing to consider is that hit-scaning in APB can make a gun more broken. A solution to this problem would be to make it harder for hit scans to work effectively. A good start would be remove crosshair colors. And instead make the hitmarkers more reliable and add an audible hit sound to make the gun feel like it hit. Something like this if implemented correctly can aid in detecting something like ghost shots.

But for now. These minor balance changes will never satisfy anyone. So I'd just roll with it. 

18 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

A good start would be remove crosshair colors

The issue with this is APB's hitboxes, which can be shot even when a small character isnt visible. Without the change in crosshair color, how am I to find the short guy's head?

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

And instead make the hitmarkers more reliable and add an audible hit sound to make the gun feel like it hit. Something like this if implemented correctly can aid in detecting something like ghost shots.

if there was a way to detect ghost shots in real time like that then ghost shots would be fixed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The issue with this is APB's hitboxes, which can be shot even when a small character isnt visible. Without the change in crosshair color, how am I to find the short guy's head?

Ez, you don't. Although thinking about it, everyone's height will have to be the same which removes customization. But lets be honest 95% of APB players pick the short option for some reason.

9 hours ago, xiphos said:

if there was a way to detect ghost shots in real time like that then ghost shots would be fixed

I didn't mean it for be a tool for LO to use, as I remember once upon a time they were talking about guns in the new engine and fixing their ghost shots. I also said "implemented correctly" I don't know the ins and outs of game design but if these hit sounds are played server side can make hitting people *feel* just that little bit better. IDK I just think colored crosshairs are stupid in a game that's pvp and has a lot of cheats revolving the colored crosshair.

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

everyone's height will have to be the same

madness!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

everyone's height will have to be the same which removes customization. But lets be honest 95% of APB players pick the short option for some reason.

Hmm, but how GTA online gets away with it? You can't choose height, but wearing shoes with heels, lifts you up significantly... 🤔

21 hours ago, Acornie said:

The numbers at least... four ok

I'm so sorry :^) 4... 4 is the number out of the 20 kapp.

20 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I just don't think it matters for APB and here's my thoughts on why:

APB has many weapons, because APB has these many weapons 1 or 3 are bound to be easier or stronger than the rest.

APB is definitely the home of monkey see monkey do. 1 person plays a gun and owns everyone. That 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 6 to 8 and so on. Until this one gun becomes meta. 

This is what will happen everytime something is "balanced" in APB. I don't think it's so much as X,Y,Z guns are broken or overpowered. People get annoyed at fighting the same meta all the time. Which is why yes APB balance is important. To distribute said meta across many guns.

My thoughts on a solution? Well I would make the guns every player has access to: STAR, NTEC, OBEYA, OCA, JG, SHAW, and ALIG really good and solid guns. Once each of these are fun to play against each other. Begin buffing every other gun in the game to be at least on par with the previously said weapons. 

Another thing to consider is that hit-scaning in APB can make a gun more broken. A solution to this problem would be to make it harder for hit scans to work effectively. A good start would be remove crosshair colors. And instead make the hitmarkers more reliable and add an audible hit sound to make the gun feel like it hit. Something like this if implemented correctly can aid in detecting something like ghost shots.

But for now. These minor balance changes will never satisfy anyone. So I'd just roll with it. 

See now here is the thing. 
Apb does have many weapons... But the majority is a reskin, so they don't have "that much" to change.
Let's take the weapon changes of mid last year (?). Most weapons were perfectly fine (besides the weak stuff like the Norsemans), they recently nerfed the n-tec slightly by removing the ability to jumpshoot with it and bla bla bla.

The only weapon at that time that was causing issues was the PMG, the thing was a laser, you could beam someone on 50 meters with an SMG, insane! So they decided to nerf it, which was great and it was a great nerf as it's still very viable these days (unless I missed a change in the time I didn't play).
Now then the dumb thing comes... They nerf the one weapon and yet buff the other weapon, in this case the OCA, it's direct competitor... When I brought this up to an SPCT member / Weapon Balancing team member, I simply get yelled at that I'm an idiot and I do not understand sh*t about balancing, which I do not, but I played the game on a daily basis so I can see what is weak and what is strong.

Then when I read all the other changes they kept making suck as a far nerf, an n-tec buff and then a nerf again, a scout Buff then a nerf followed by another buff, making the heavy HVR useless compared to the scout, buffing the carbine, adding more ammo capacity  to the Obeya Cr762 and then even buff the Tommy gun by reducing the recoil by 50%... Yet you leave weapons such as the pepega FBW as is with it's huge ammo capacity, no recoil, barely any bloom, no punishment what so ever, and such a low TTK. I get it's  a beginners pistol but give me a break... (of course that's not the only "unbalanced" weapon)

Then about your solution.

Making the base versions of guns available to everyone... They are available to everyone, you simply have to progress through the game to obtain better versions of them, hence why reskins are in the Armas market place to be purchased to be able to access them faster, LO has to make money, and giving everyone all the base guns will not make them any. (plus you can now purchase plenty of the guns in the Jokerstore)

I don't have to get in to what you said about the crosshair colours, removing them from apb is not a solution, Cookiepuss already explained to you why.

About the "minor" balance changes... They were not minor, the OCA buff was huge, the 50% recoil reduction on the Colby was insane (shame the gun by itself is doodoo) most of the other changes were very much un necessary, all they had to do is nerf the PMG slightly (and buff all the useless things like the Norsemans), the OCA was in a great place before there was no need of buffing. All these changes are simply made by people that do not play the game.. 
Heck 1 SPCT member even said "There are not enough SPCT members to test these changes on the OTW servers" (literally have ss's of this). Then don't push changes!

Stop touching weapons and fix the real issues like the Engine and the Anti Cheat system.

2 hours ago, Cuve said:

I'm so sorry :^) 4... 4 is the number out of the 20 kapp.

See now here is the thing. 
Apb does have many weapons... But the majority is a reskin, so they don't have "that much" to change.
Let's take the weapon changes of mid last year (?). Most weapons were perfectly fine (besides the weak stuff like the Norsemans), they recently nerfed the n-tec slightly by removing the ability to jumpshoot with it and bla bla bla.

The only weapon at that time that was causing issues was the PMG, the thing was a laser, you could beam someone on 50 meters with an SMG, insane! So they decided to nerf it, which was great and it was a great nerf as it's still very viable these days (unless I missed a change in the time I didn't play).
Now then the dumb thing comes... They nerf the one weapon and yet buff the other weapon, in this case the OCA, it's direct competitor... When I brought this up to an SPCT member / Weapon Balancing team member, I simply get yelled at that I'm an idiot and I do not understand sh*t about balancing, which I do not, but I played the game on a daily basis so I can see what is weak and what is strong.

Then when I read all the other changes they kept making suck as a far nerf, an n-tec buff and then a nerf again, a scout Buff then a nerf followed by another buff, making the heavy HVR useless compared to the scout, buffing the carbine, adding more ammo capacity  to the Obeya Cr762 and then even buff the Tommy gun by reducing the recoil by 50%... Yet you leave weapons such as the pepega FBW as is with it's huge ammo capacity, no recoil, barely any bloom, no punishment what so ever, and such a low TTK. I get it's  a beginners pistol but give me a break... (of course that's not the only "unbalanced" weapon)

Then about your solution.

Making the base versions of guns available to everyone... They are available to everyone, you simply have to progress through the game to obtain better versions of them, hence why reskins are in the Armas market place to be purchased to be able to access them faster, LO has to make money, and giving everyone all the base guns will not make them any. (plus you can now purchase plenty of the guns in the Jokerstore)

I don't have to get in to what you said about the crosshair colours, removing them from apb is not a solution, Cookiepuss already explained to you why.

About the "minor" balance changes... They were not minor, the OCA buff was huge, the 50% recoil reduction on the Colby was insane (shame the gun by itself is doodoo) most of the other changes were very much un necessary, all they had to do is nerf the PMG slightly (and buff all the useless things like the Norsemans), the OCA was in a great place before there was no need of buffing. All these changes are simply made by people that do not play the game.. 
Heck 1 SPCT member even said "There are not enough SPCT members to test these changes on the OTW servers" (literally have ss's of this). Then don't push changes!

Stop touching weapons and fix the real issues like the Engine and the Anti Cheat system.

It's like you didn't even read my post, but instead decided to skim through it.

Let's start with...where did I say "make base guns available to everyone"?

I'm not stupid I listed those guns because THEY ARE available to everyone. I'm not saying to just make 3 slot weapons available to everyone. Because something like the OCA which you keep complaining about is strong without mods.

Next, by "minor" I meant bloom and range changes. there instead of completely reworking how a gun is played. Like instead of making a strong gun useless. Make it require more skill to play. There are many ways to do this...

6 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Hmm, but how GTA online gets away with it? You can't choose height, but wearing shoes with heels, lifts you up significantly... 🤔

Regarding this...if you consider GTA 5 as a competitive shooter...

GTA can get away with it because I see GTA as a more PVE shooter. Plus that game is wild out of control with cheaters as well. People don't need hits scans in that game because they can increase damage of guns themselves THE VERY REASON APB IS SERVER SIDE EVERY THING NOW.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

madness!

Personally wouldn't care if evening everyone's height was a LO decision. Some people believe that being short makes your hit box smaller...