imV

Matchmaking

Picture

Hey all. Its about that matchmaking we are all familiar with. The problem is not a matchmaking itself i think, the real problem is threat levels. Does it even make sence of what i just said.. 😄Just an example, when 3 bronze players gets a mach against 3 high level golds,, 2 silvers and 1 gold vs 3 golds, trainees vs golds/silvers, etc.. You all know... This happens mostly in bronze servers, maybe its because threat levels are too mixed up there. My suggestion is. You are in a broze server, you become gold, when you press K, an error message will tell you "your threat level exeeds this server's requiremens", as you can see in the photo i uploaded in the top. So basically, you would have to choice, but to go to silver districts. I believe that everything would become more balanced, and people will stop compaining all the time. I've asked players about this, a lot of them said its a good idea. Everyday i see people getting mad for this ^^

10 hours ago, imV said:

"your threat level exeeds this server's requiremens"

10 hours ago, imV said:

So basically, you would have to choice, but to go to silver districts.

Get your patootie slapped by golds then go back to the hole you crawled out of. Good game design indeed.

Let me start by telling you why APB matchmaking is not good.

Good matchmaking:
Matchmaking first takes a look at a pool of players usually separated by region. Say that that pool is about 500 players. (which is low I know)
The matchmaking is able to take 10 players of equal skill according to accuracy/Kill death ratio/wins and losses and then separate the 10 into 2 teams of 5. at least 80% of the time the matches are made fairly and everyone has a good time.

Now here's apbs matchmaking:
There are 2 world servers in apb currently. Jehrico and Citadel. Two different sides of the planet. In Jehrico on a good day can see 1 full district 40/40 players. Citadel is much more fortunate with a couple of districts full, but this is irrelevant.
APB now has to make a match. The most fun games available are going to be 4 vs 4 and higher as fun levels drop off at about 2 vs 2.
So APB has to select 8 players out of a pool of 80 right? WRONG. APB has to pick 4 players from criminal (which is a max of 40) and 4 from Enforcer (max of 40)
So APB has to dip it's hands into 2 separate pools to make a fair match to the best of it's abilities. This matchmaking works like 20% of the time and is ultimately upto which side of the law the good players are on.   Are all the people who have been playing for 6 years on criminal? And all the new/casual players on Enforcer? Matchmaking then goes to work it puts 3 golds against 1 gold and 3 bronzes because that's the best it can do.

Tweaking Threat will never fix an issue like this. Adding threat will only push golds into the next threat tier.

Now, my general knowledge believes this is how LO plan to do matchmaking (which is only possible on the new engine)

So imagine 2.1 is launched and LO were able to put in this new matchmaking.
You join a 40/40 financial and matchmaking goes to work probably like it normally does, except now it can also dip it's hands into other financial instances. Say now instead of only being able to matchmake Financial East, it can matchmake Financial East AND West. Now lets say both those districts are full. Now the matchmaking goes from 40 people to matchmake to 80! That's double of what it was able to do.
Now lets say LO can get a whole bunch of new players to play and now there's even more full districts. Now matchmaking can select a batch of enf/crim from 160 players!

This will make for a better matchmaking experience overall just because the matchmaking can properly put equally match skilled players together.

Of course this is all assuming APB can hold on for a bit longer. It's probably best to just think of the current version of APB 1.2 as a dead game with no hope. And 2.1 is a whole new game that just takes your progress from 1.2 . 

This idea just got into my head and i wrote it, did not think that much about it. You really think the game is dead with no hope? Now im scared ^^

9 hours ago, imV said:

This idea just got into my head and i wrote it, did not think that much about it. You really think the game is dead with no hope? Now im scared ^^

APB is dead without the new engine. No it won't fix all of APB's problems right of the bat. But think of it as the game LO can start trying to get new players to play on. This is why they haven't advertised yet.

I for one am scared to death of loosing my account, my game files are only what either LO themselves allow or what the game downloads. (aka advanced launcher is as far as ill go until they link configs to use)

Cheating is in a gray zone, because APB is very hard to tell if someone is cheating. Maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't. My opinion? I think it does exist but ill never be able to prove it so I don't bother hack-u-sating or reporting it.

While the game isn't dead yet, the population is on a steady decline since 2014.

Honestly I just want LO to hit a home run with the engine, instead of rushing it and disappointing the community that still want the game to be great.

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Honestly I just want LO to hit a home run with the engine, instead of rushing it and disappointing the community that still want the game to be great.

Finally someone who thinks like me
I'm tired of seeing people trashtalking the devs while they are trying to fix G1's mistakes.

Patience is the key, Matt is really transparent regarding the engine upgrade so let's just wait 😄 

I prefer waiting than having a cyberpunk like launch of the engine upgrade

2 hours ago, Lucesan said:

Finally someone who thinks like me
I'm tired of seeing people trashtalking the devs while they are trying to fix G1's mistakes.

Patience is the key, Matt is really transparent regarding the engine upgrade so let's just wait 😄 

I prefer waiting than having a cyberpunk like launch of the engine upgrade

I think we all believed CDProjekt red, then found out we've been lied to.

I don't expect the engine to be the silver bullet that will save the game. Just the tool LO needs to make it great. One big step, then many smaller ones.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, imV said:

~snip~

So u think gold players schould not be able to play when there is no server up to "hit the requirements" ?

People saying i am egoistic when i want to play the game no matter if there is a district i can join

But...

I think its way more egoistic if people want to lock any legit players out of the game just to create a safe place for themselfs.

Only cheaters, excessive griefers and ppl constantly acting against tos should be locked out of APB. 

Edited by HighSociety

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

So u think gold players schould not be able to play when there is no server up to "hit the requirements" ?

People saying i am egoistic when i want to play the game no matter if there is a district i can join

But...

I think its way more egoistic if people want to lock any legit players out of the game just to create a safe place for themselfs.

Only cheaters, excessive griefers and ppl constantly acting against tos should be locked out of APB. 

So you want to create a safe place to golds to rekt bronzes and green? Sounds like this is what is killing and killed the game. Sounds like you cant hold yourself against other golds and need to go to bronze district in order to feel good about your own..

6 hours ago, Thiagao145 said:

So you want to create a safe place to golds to rekt bronzes and green? Sounds like this is what is killing and killed the game. Sounds like you cant hold yourself against other golds and need to go to bronze district in order to feel good about your own..

I want to create a game where everyone (legit) is able to play anytime... thats it...

And u?

What killed the game was the lack of development dude.

If they cared about APB than it would not be a problem at all.

The community is not  responsible to protect new and low skilled players... if anyone is than G1.

It's a game and i simply want to play without thinking about whose feelings i could hurt.

without nerving myself and go low on snowflakes (that also would trick the system and make it worse).

I can't hold myself against real gold cuz i am not gold just the system is off. I don't care i'd play on silver too.

What u and some other ignorant ppl don't realise... sometimes there is no silver district up and golds aren't able to play at all.

Ah and i never see green players if there were some and only if there were green districts up than bronce, green and beginners would be "safe". 

Or do u wanna tell me that bronce do not get stomped by silvers too huh? 

Maybe u just don't play this game, i mean... i get stomped by silvers when i am gold cuz I AM NOT GOLD. The difference is i'm not crying all day long i just take it like it is and move on playing. APB is a shooter, about chaos and war. 

My suggestion is to open green districts and just lock them to green and bronce.

All other districts without segregation. 

win / win

u are welcome.

Edited by HighSociety

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

I want to create a game where everyone (legit) is able to play anytime... thats it...

And u?

What killed the game was the lack of development dude.

If they cared about APB than it would not be a problem at all.

The community is not  responsible to protect new and low skilled players... if anyone is than G1.

It's a game and i simply want to play without thinking about whose feelings i could hurt.

without nerving myself and go low on snowflakes (that also would trick the system and make it worse).

I can't hold myself against real gold cuz i am not gold just the system is off. I don't care i'd play on silver too.

What u and some other ignorant ppl don't realise... sometimes there is no silver district up and golds aren't able to play at all.

Ah and i never see green players if there were some and only if there were green districts up than bronce, green and beginners would be "safe". 

Or do u wanna tell me that bronce do not get stomped by silvers too huh? 

Maybe u just don't play this game, i mean... i get stomped by silvers when i am gold cuz I AM NOT GOLD. The difference is i'm not crying all day long i just take it like it is and move on playing. APB is a shooter, about chaos and war. 

My suggestion is to open green districts and just lock them to green and bronce.

All other districts without segregation. 

win / win

u are welcome.

APB is such a flawed game where touching anything wont solve anything.

One idea could be Time-lock new accounts to districts so that new players can fight new players until they can get a better feel for the game, then when time runs out let them run loose in unlocked districts.

A really good way to enforce the new player idea would be to make it IP tied. So if APB detects a new IP it will time lock that account. This would keep hopefully most griefers out of this time locked server who keep making new accounts, and any recently banned cheaters as well.

Also it's Bronze not bronce 

15 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Also it's Bronze not bronce 

Played too much with my spanish mate... 😜

13 hours ago, HighSociety said:

I was away for 5 years, i suck right now. But skills are coming back, i dont mind going to silver when i turn gold, i become silver, i get back to bronze for more training. I dont want to lock anyone out. What i said was, when you become gold, you can no longer do missions in bronze district, you are forced to go to a server with higher threat players, and leave bronzes and silvers in piece. You make it sound like joining servers from one server to another more often is like moving mountains 😄You get your patootie kicked, ok you come back to bronze again. Besides. With this, there would be more servers open, you can say whatever you want, im still convinced that this would fix this trash matchmaking ^^

3 hours ago, imV said:

~snip~ 

Yea i think u missunderstood me.

Indeed ur suggestion would help if we had a somewhat healthy playerbase now.

But there are times when only 1 district is up and splitting it into 10 golds and 30 others will not help at this times.

We just can't magically get that much players in for ur suggestion to work.

When engine is out and Players maybe come back it would be a waste of time implementing this when they also could use the time to develop phasing what will be much better if it's done right. 

Edited by HighSociety

Oh, and earlier you said something about cheats. I think there is less cheaters now than there was in my time 5 years ago and before. And sometimes i do report people if they look suspicious, most of the times i have video proof. I want to be honest, sometimes i suck very badly, some players just cant be killed by me. I get really pissed and a little devil on my shoulder starts tempting me to try some cheetz, but then i come to my sences, theres no way i would cheat in this game. + ive heard that now you can get an IP ban for cheating, dont know is that true. 

you know what when i get in a match lets say it's a 3v3 bronzes and my gold (for what ever reason apb thinks i am) patootie is sitting there i just sit back give them ammo and let chaos go. 

like be free my birdies it's real fun because they get to enjoy the game instead of gettng patootie slammed by a gold plated silver.