Reprimand

What weapons are functionally similar to the STAR?

Yes yes I know don't buy the ARMAS marketplace weapons. But what weapons are functionally similar to it? I really love the gun but I'm not an NTEC fan.

No reskins exist of the STAR. Similar are N-TEC and FAR.

• Thanks 2

the star from the gm beacon event was best star : P

Edited by TheMessiah

2 hours ago, Reprimand said:

Yes yes I know don't buy the ARMAS marketplace weapons. But what weapons are functionally similar to it? I really love the gun but I'm not an NTEC fan.

The most similar to the star is the FAR.

Similar/same recoil

same accuracy stats aside from a .5 difference in mm/out of mm accuracy. aka

same bloom

same bloom recovery

should be the same movement speed

the only major difference is the .7 vs .75ttk, faster reload and smaller mag compared to the star. It's pretty much functionally identical otherwise.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

50 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

the only major difference is the .7 vs .75ttk, faster reload and smaller mag...

And the most important thing; it doesn't sound like an awful wet noodle every shot.

19 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

And the most important thing; it doesn't sound like an awful wet noodle every shot.

Damn now u killed STAR for me 😄

Far is the star with a higher fire-rate and more bloom (the nerf pretty much killed this weapon's use)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 3:59 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Far is the star with a higher fire-rate and more bloom (the nerf pretty much killed this weapon's use)

I completely forgot the FAR got a max bloom nerf, and already had slightly higher max bloom. interesting.

On 3/15/2021 at 2:17 PM, EvaPooh said:

To each their own subjective opinion. STAR sounds great to me. It's no DMR-AV of course, but that's not really fair to any other gun in the game.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I completely forgot the FAR got a max bloom nerf, and already had slightly higher max bloom. interesting.

Yep...can we get some bloom buffs now to weapons? Why does the FAR have to be shit, meanwhile the NTEC is king? Annoying is what it is. 

Can't tell a lie though, bought it only because it seemed like a strong weapon.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

To each their own subjective opinion. STAR sounds great to me. It's no DMR-AV of course, but that's not really fair to any other gun in the game.

dmr gang

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Nice try, Hex. You don't even know what it sounds like. Honestly, you're probably deaf from rigorous volcano use. So really, your opinion is far from relevant. 😉

2 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Nice try, Hex. You don't even know what it sounds like. Honestly, you're probably deaf from rigorous volcano use. So really, your opinion is far from relevant. 😉

Haven't seen my Volcano in years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Haven't seen my Volcano in years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most people haven't played in years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LCR is a star variant SUPER good long range-medium range total shit in cqc 

the lower rate of fire is like an auto fire cr762 i think LO might sell the old glory during 4th of july other then that it's only gotten via joker tickets.

it's also a great support gun as it stays on target fairly well. like most good support non snipers a tagger sniper mixed with it can clear opps fairly well 

other then that your stuck with r&d III and the FAR versions

oh and people saying "dont buy market guns" are babies unhappy with LO alot of good guns on there no one uses like NORSEMAN 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

LCR is a star variant SUPER good long range-medium range total shit in cqc 

the lower rate of fire is like an auto fire cr762 i think LO might sell the old glory during 4th of july other then that it's only gotten via joker tickets.

it's also a great support gun as it stays on target fairly well. like most good support non snipers a tagger sniper mixed with it can clear opps fairly well 

other then that your stuck with r&d III and the FAR versions

oh and people saying "dont buy market guns" are babies unhappy with LO alot of good guns on there no one uses like NORSEMAN 

I use Norseman if not a lot, but certainly often. But it needs to be buffed still. At least make it 10stk or even better 9stk. 

Also, LCR is totally different from stock STAR, in fact, it's one of two  automatic sniper rifles in APB. 

Yes, it should be in ARMAS permanently, and i demand 3-slot version of it. LO should use some imagination for next loyalty rewards if they will arrive anytime soon 🙂

Oh, and btw, Obeya can shoot a lot faster than LCR, lol.

Edited by Nagletz

6 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Obeya can shoot a lot faster than LCR, lol.

there are so many ways to break the cr762 that it's just embrassing 

28 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

there are so many ways to break the cr762 that it's just embrassing 

Break?

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Break?

i have to assume he means "use to its fullest skill potential" and the obeya has a whole lot of potential

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Break?

make it shoot super fast make it like a sniper things it's not suppose to do like mass murder in cqc

3 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

make it shoot super fast make it like a sniper things it's not suppose to do like mass murder in cqc

Oscar?

Far used to be really close to what i remember the star being, good hipfire and accuracy while pressing the trigger.

Other than that, i remember the atac was somewhat good feeling, but i think they changed how it worked ?

You can try the trials and see what lands imo

Edited by Bellenettiel
links

13 hours ago, EMilika said:

Oscar?

talking about cr 762 you know that scoped rifle made for long-medium ranges that like 70% of the pop uses because it's one of the last non watered down baby guns