Can we actually have a GM's in a districts? There is a few Insults removed ~@mayii who just keep grief streamers, so its making game unplayable for them

On 3/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, DiVaice_ said:

Can we actually have a GM's in a districts? There is a few Insults removed ~@mayii who just keep grief streamers, so its making game unplayable for them

I remember the days when GM's would hang out in districts and ban hammer people on the spot, put people in time out for making barricades, or mute people for being overly vulgar.  I miss those days 😞

• Like 3

On 3/21/2021 at 1:58 AM, Shimmer said:

I remember the days when GM's would hang out in districts and ban hammer people on the spot, put people in time out for making barricades, or mute people for being overly vulgar.  I miss those days 😞

I also remember Tiggs and other old GM's using said powers because they didn't agree with them.

Edited by wibsey
Typo

On 3/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, DiVaice_ said:

GMs and LO staff are completely lazy and incompetent. Gl getting anybody to actually do anything and enforce the TOS.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

GMs and LO staff are completely lazy and incompetent. Gl getting anybody to actually do anything and enforce the TOS.

I think you forgot to read what Eviltara sent so here you go

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lucesan said:

i just love that it's not a temp it's not a day or two. no if someone says your griefing because you hit there car or something BOOM permabanned fuck you

seems a tad harh for 1st time or soemthing on those lines 

1 minute ago, cowhorseman said:

i just love that it's not a temp it's not a day or two. no if someone says your griefing because you hit there car or something BOOM permabanned fuck you

seems a tad harh for 1st time or soemthing on those lines 

"Please be aware that repeated griefing will result in a permanent ban for you and all associated accounts."

Key word being "repeated".

I think it's better to have the norm be "will result in a permanent ban" but evaluate every offence on a case by case basis. It's kinda like laws, they don't actually prevent anyone from doing crime, but people will choose not to because those laws and punishments are in place.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

"Please be aware that repeated griefing will result in a permanent ban for you and all associated accounts."

Key word being "repeated".

looking at it a second time now that i have slept after being awake for roughly 32 hours i see my error 

10 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

looking at it a second time now that i have slept after being awake for roughly 32 hours i see my error 

I know that feeling of no sleep. 

No bueno. 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, Lucesan said:

Oh I read that, but its alot of hot air. Griefing has been unacceptable for many yrs and LO hasnt done anything to curb it in the 2 yrs they have owned APB. Actions speak louder then words and the actions by LO staff to date has been big whoop to enforcing the TOS. Weve all been here long enough to know that words are 99.99% of the time just that, words and nothing more.

Oh I read that, but its alot of hot air. Griefing has been unacceptable for many yrs and LO hasnt done anything to curb it in the 2 yrs they have owned APB. Actions speak louder then words and the actions by LO staff to date has been big whoop to enforcing the TOS. Weve all been here long enough to know that words are 99.99% of the time just that, words and nothing more.

I ain't about risk my account tho

Well we are not witnessing the same thing.

I see GMs and TGMs quite often in the chat and they are being active regarding the griefers imo.

By the way, you do know that if you are being griefed and that a GM is not present you can always /report them ? Also you can probably try sending a GMs a pm in discord if they are online 

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:20 AM, Lucesan said:

Well we are not witnessing the same thing.

I see GMs and TGMs quite often in the chat and they are being active regarding the griefers imo.

By the way, you do know that if you are being griefed and that a GM is not present you can always /report them ? Also you can probably try sending a GMs a pm in discord if they are online 

And lets be honest. Does /report actually do anything?

11 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

And lets be honest. Does /report actually do anything?

Don't be like that. It's not because it can take some time that it doesnt.

Take another game for example Counter Strike: Global Offensive

When you report someone it can take weeks to process because no one will be banned if there is not enough proof of said reason, and it's totally acceptable.

Imagine the number of false reports + the number of genuine reports but mistaken and finally the number of leggit reports to deal with ? It's obvious that it takes time.

Now remember that there is less staff that works at LO than there is at Valves/CS GO report team.

So, yes, /report works, it just takes a lot of time for the support team to gather everything they need to actually decide if the report is leggit or not.

You don't have to work in the video game industry to understand that

Edited by Lucesan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucesan said:

Don't be like that. It's not because it can take some time that it doesnt.

Take another game for example Counter Strike: Global Offensive

When you report someone it can take weeks to process because no one will be banned if there is not enough proof of said reason, and it's totally acceptable.

Imagine the number of false reports + the number of genuine reports but mistaken and finally the number of leggit reports to deal with ? It's obvious that it takes time.

Now remember that there is less staff that works at LO than there is at Valves/CS GO report team.

So, yes, /report works, it just takes a lot of time for the support team to gather everything they need to actually decide if the report is leggit or not.

You don't have to work in the video game industry to understand that

/report does nothing attach a debugger and you'll see nothing happens no information is sent anywhere the only way to actually report is through support. We're talking about the company that unbanned every player regardless of if they cheated or not because they disagreed with a few bans. They don't care about cheating or griefing the population is to small for them to actually ban anyone.

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

/report does nothing attach a debugger and you'll see nothing happens no information is sent anywhere the only way to actually report is through support. We're talking about the company that unbanned every player regardless of if they cheated or not because they disagreed with a few bans. They don't care about cheating or griefing the population is to small for them to actually ban anyone.

your honestly wrong here. report does one thing.

it makes stupid people feel better about themselves and they get that sense of doing good that makes them think what they just did matters 

other then that yea nothing you get done trying to kill a honey badge by throwing bricks at it. they ban cheaters they cry unfair bans pop drops they don't people cry to many cheaters and the pop drops 

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

We're talking about the company that unbanned every player regardless of if they cheated or not because they disagreed with a few bans.

they had literally no idea who was cheating or who wasn't and evidence that the anticheat wasn't functioning correctly for at least a year

all these snowflakes
its part of the game
stop whining

22 minutes ago, xiphos said:

they had literally no idea who was cheating or who wasn't and evidence that the anticheat wasn't functioning correctly for at least a year

That's not true at all they claimed it wasn't functioning properly because matt got banned by fairfight while trying to get banned by fairfight without cheating. Which you can do with any anti-cheat solution.

Edited by MonkaS

12 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

That's not true at all they claimed it wasn't functioning properly because matt got banned by fairfight while trying to get banned by fairfight without cheating. Which you can do with any anti-cheat solution.

the severity of the issue depends on what exactly matt did to get banned which afaik was never revealed, it could have been something bizarrely specific like standing in a certain spot and doing 360 camera spins or it would have been something anyone might do like tracking spotter tags when fairfight thinks you can't

either way we were also told that fairfight wasnt paid for, updated, or maintained for about a year, which also led to it not functioning correctly

On 3/24/2021 at 7:57 PM, Eviltara said:

The fact that a certain Russian on Jericho is still actively playing (among a basically endless list of other blatant examples), shows that that entire post is nothing but empty words. Little Orbit has consistently proven over the years that they have no intention of actually doing anything at all about the negative behaviors in this game's population.

Edited by Hexerin

On 3/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, DiVaice_ said:

I do hope they perma ban them all .

Edited by Nev

This is why I wish I could shoot the people in dump trucks if they are out of a mission.

sure you could make them invisible and drive through etc but is it as satisfying ??? lol