Eerie

So the lag... when is it getting fixed?

I think the title is pretty self explanatory, the lag has been pretty awful even before Battle Eye. Its been pretty steady and it is more uncommon to have a lag free day than it is without. I'm not sure the process involved with server maintenance, or improvements, but certainly there has to be a fix by now. This is affecting gameplay quite heavily. 

They're working on it. It's not easy to handle DDoS attacks and especially trying to handle an increased number of support tickets AND hiring people AND training them. It all takes time away from doing other things. Just have to wait it out a little bit longer. I had an opportunity to ask Matt Scott about the infrastructure changes and how long he estimated until they'd get them in place and he said weeks not months. So that's better than nothing! :)

Edited by SkilledOne

On which server? 

I ask because 2 days ago we had this on Citadel (EU) and if you hear our Discord, seems that it wasn't APB specific:

7 hours ago, Saxtus said:

On which server? 

I ask because 2 days ago we had this on Citadel (EU) and if you hear our Discord, seems that it wasn't APB specific:

Jericho server. The lag was intermittent, often causing significant spikes of momentary loss of playability in addition to teleporting 2-3m as you ran, sometimes backwards 10-15m back the way you came. In fight club it was very noticeable as you'd teleport right back into the line of fire, or be killed by a player that spontaneously appears during the kill feed because of the lag.

I understand the need for patience, I've been telling people for weeks to commit such during the wait for Battle Eye. However, this I feel is making the game progressively less playable the longer it persists. I can only hope that something is done soon. Hearing that a fix is possibly weeks away, as a oppose to months, is a comforting thought though.

Matt Scott (the ceo) just posted an update on this: 

44 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Matt Scott (the ceo) just posted an update on this: 

Perfect timing. 🙂

17 hours ago, SkilledOne said:

They're working on it. It's not easy to handle DDoS attacks and especially trying to handle an increased number of support tickets AND hiring people AND training them. It all takes time away from doing other things. Just have to wait it out a little bit longer. I had an opportunity to ask Matt Scott about the infrastructure changes and how long he estimated until they'd get them in place and he said weeks not months. So that's better than nothing! :)

Not easy to handle a ddos when you are hosting your servers on a cloud server machine.

Second of all, I don't believe their whole support team and dev team left for E3, Everyone who left to E3 are community people, No excuse for lagging and ddosing there.

Edited by hack

On 6/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, hack said:

Not easy to handle a ddos when you are hosting your servers on a cloud server machine.

Second of all, I don't believe their whole support team and dev team left for E3, Everyone who left to E3 are community people, No excuse for lagging and ddosing there.

Never said anything about the entire team going to E3, I just mentioned the integration of the team that was working on the game previously and the new team takes time to learn everything as well as getting the support teams up to speed. When you bring in new people into a company or if you merge an existing team into a new one there is quite a decent amount of time taken to train people it takes away from the current staff's capacity.