Sign in to follow this  
Reprimand

The art of invisibility.

I've picked up the game again and shed a lot of rust so I wanted to talk about the art of invisibility and why it's so fundamental to enjoying APB. 

Some very basic tips:

Movement - 80% of winning a gunfight, ambushing your opponents, landing grenades and basic tactics is movement. If you know how to move when your opponent does the former, you can really get one over even if you're outnumbered.

Make sure to hug walls when you're running, hide behind doors facing away from it so your gun doesn't stick through and zigzag. When you're being shot from a distance, run behind objects to obstruct your enemy's line of sight. You can always find something which will force a sniper to adjust himself to try and hit you. 

Shooting - The other 20% of this game. 

Knowing your weapon is key. The weapon you get the most kills with should be the one you use innately. For me, the STAR 556 is unmatched. I know the NTEC is a good meta but for me the recoil is clunky and long distance shooting without mods (I don't have the Nol nor fancy buying one) doesn't seem to pique my interest. When up close don't bother aiming (unless the weapon is a sniper) just keep your opponent between the crosshairs and make rain upon them with fire. 

When you're shooting at someone from behind, make sure you don't get lazy and aim on one position, move your mouse with your opponent, strafe to avoid catching bullets and shift your body. Crouching will almost always confuse your opponent and moving the opposite direction abruptly while strafing will force them to have to actively think of where to go next to hit you. Feel free to jump off ledges, run behind cover and make yourself scarce when things become hectic. Luring your opponent after you then hiding is a good way to turn the tables after almost eating dirt. There's no shame in retreating, it's why there's no stamina bar. 

Vantage points - know where your enemies are coming from, expect them to jump you and always be willing to have an escape route. Don't wait by doorways for too long, and don't wait in the same place after shooting. If your team knows you killed someone, the enemy does too and they'll be hot on your trail after the fact. Always keep it moving. The best place to go is where you can see everything but remain hidden. 

That's all, feel free to expand on this and happy hunting! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Everyone has their own play style, but mine is close to something you described. I compensate for my bad aim with being a sneaky backstabber. Outsmarting my, often more skilled opponents, is probably the most amusing aspect of the game to me, at least when we are discussing playstyles. Being aware of the fact I would probably lose one on one, face to face encounters due my aim and use of unconventional weapons, I resort to making diversions, using my teammates or world elements as distraction, just to be able to flank or come from behind. Retreat is always an option, whether it is for gathering again with teammates or for luring an opponent into a trap, I giggle every time when my opponents meet a brick around a corner instead of me whom they are chasing. Oh those whispers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Everyone has their own play style, but mine is close to something you described. I compensate for my bad aim with being a sneaky backstabber. Outsmarting my, often more skilled opponents, is probably the most amusing aspect of the game to me, at least when we are discussing playstyles. Being aware of the fact I would probably lose one on one, face to face encounters due my aim and use of unconventional weapons, I resort to making diversions, using my teammates or world elements as distraction, just to be able to flank or come from behind. Retreat is always an option, whether it is for gathering again with teammates or for luring an opponent into a trap, I giggle every time when my opponents meet a brick around a corner instead of me whom they are chasing. Oh those whispers. 

Trust me, it's so rewarding when you kill a gold who would otherwise streamroll you.

What weapons do you use?

Edited by Reprimand

Colby Snub-Nose Revolver, since it can be easily-concealed and Agrotech DMR-SD.

Edited by Bambola

how to win apb

step 1 get a strife

step 2 hide a like a little shit around each corner you can

step 3 ?????

step four get called a hacker and a POS

or

grab any demo man weapon

spam nades rockets and other bombs around the fight keep fbw-SD or oca as side arm

then get called a nade spamming nice lady and/or hacker

game isnt hard it's more about "how much can i be an patootie to the opp make them angry at me so they go after me and me only and let my team win"

i find that knowing where opponents are is more valuable than full stealth, easier to bait people into shooting at you to reveal themselves than to go sneaking around

Edited by xiphos

11 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

step 1 get a strife

16860637.jpg

• Like 2

I always go Rambo while using Euryale or any other machinegun... 

Anywho, I like to think that everyone should learn to use every gun in this game, and it's respectively tactic. However I'm bad with all of my guns except Euryale and HVR 😄

Edited by Nagletz
  • Like 1

The way to win APB is simple...

1. spit on segregation 

2. make a new account

(u can make as many u want)

3. join the district of ur choice

(mostly there is just bronce open cuz if there would be silver u would play ur main)

4. Stomp ppl with STAR + FBW 

5. Realize that segregation is useless...

27 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

The way to win APB is simple...

1. spit on segregation 

2. make a new account

(u can make as many u want)

3. join the district of ur choice

(mostly there is just bronce open cuz if there would be silver u would play ur main)

4. Stomp ppl with STAR + FBW 

5. Realize that segregation is useless...

Another smurf got out of closet lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

Another smurf got out of closet lol

Why out of closet? 

I always said that i would do so and yes i dit it few times in the past!

If i got time to play and wan't to play than i'll log in with my main (maybe u remember i'm always goin silver, gold, silver and back) and when i am gold and there is no district running I DO NOT DETHREAT!

I just make a smurf to play a bit...

So u got problems with that? Pls tell LO that segregation is useless 👌

If interested... one of my regular game sessions from last friday on bronce Waterfront EU... nothing hidden just look Servertime.

U also can count urself but im going Gold for 3 times in one single session!

Now tell me there is nothing really broken...

Screen-Shot00005.png

Screen-Shot00009.png
Screen-Shot00011.png
Screen-Shot00013.png
Screen-Shot00015.png
Screen-Shot00017.png
Screen-Shot00021.png
Screen-Shot00023.png
Screen-Shot00025.png
Screen-Shot00029.png
Screen-Shot00031.png
Screen-Shot00033.png
Screen-Shot00041.png
Screen-Shot00043.png
Screen-Shot00045.png
Screen-Shot00047.png
Screen-Shot00051.png
Screen-Shot00053.png
Screen-Shot00055.png
Screen-Shot00057.png
Screen-Shot00059.png
Screen-Shot00061.png
Screen-Shot00063.png
Screen-Shot00065.png
Screen-Shot00070.png
Screen-Shot00071.png
Screen-Shot00075.png
Screen-Shot00077.png
Screen-Shot00084.png
Screen-Shot00086.png
Screen-Shot00088.png
Screen-Shot00090.png
Screen-Shot00092.png
Screen-Shot00094.png
Screen-Shot00100.png
Screen-Shot00102.png
Screen-Shot00110.png
Screen-Shot00115.png
Screen-Shot00116.png

Edited by HighSociety

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

So u got problems with that? Pls tell LO that segregation is useless 👌

U also can count urself but im going Gold for 3 times in one single session!

Now tell me there is nothing really broken...

Reveal hidden contents

Screen-Shot00005.png

Screen-Shot00009.png
Screen-Shot00011.png
Screen-Shot00013.png
Screen-Shot00015.png
Screen-Shot00017.png
Screen-Shot00021.png
Screen-Shot00023.png
Screen-Shot00025.png
Screen-Shot00029.png
Screen-Shot00031.png
Screen-Shot00033.png
Screen-Shot00041.png
Screen-Shot00043.png
Screen-Shot00045.png
Screen-Shot00047.png
Screen-Shot00051.png
Screen-Shot00053.png
Screen-Shot00055.png
Screen-Shot00057.png
Screen-Shot00059.png
Screen-Shot00061.png
Screen-Shot00063.png
Screen-Shot00065.png
Screen-Shot00070.png
Screen-Shot00071.png
Screen-Shot00075.png
Screen-Shot00077.png
Screen-Shot00084.png
Screen-Shot00086.png
Screen-Shot00088.png
Screen-Shot00090.png
Screen-Shot00092.png
Screen-Shot00094.png
Screen-Shot00100.png
Screen-Shot00102.png
Screen-Shot00110.png
Screen-Shot00115.png
Screen-Shot00116.png

The threat segregation is not useless. I am fairly certain all those bronze players who go 1-10 against you or similar high silvers/low golds, would agree on this. Nothing is broken either. The real issue lies in the low population which affects the matchmaking system. Speaking of getting the gold threat in a bronze district, well, that's somethin inevitable for the majority, a person can go from Trainee to Gold without firing a single bullet in like 10-15 missions. 

Edit: I apologize for the derailing, we should stay on the subject. 

Edited by Bambola

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

I am fairly certain all those bronze players who go 1-10 against you or similar high silvers/low golds, would agree on this. Nothing is broken either.

Why are ther no green districts for them?

u saw the pics where i went negative k/d against silvers when i was gold...

Switching TL that often and easy...

Going down to sliver when i am at top of my team...

and again thats a REGULAR session for me.

ya not broken 4 sure...

The whole threat is off from good or evil and it is broken how it is now ! 

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

I apologize for the derailing, we should stay on the subject. 

U are right also sorry..

On topic now...

The way to learn APB is like any other game. Simply play it. 

IMO Map knowledge (spots, obj, shortcuts) is 50% in APB than there is 25% movement and 25% aim.

Edited by HighSociety

5 hours ago, HighSociety said:

If i got time to play and wan't to play than i'll log in with my main (maybe u remember i'm always goin silver, gold, silver and back) and when i am gold and there is no district running I DO NOT DETHREAT!

I just make a smurf to play a bit...

So u got problems with that? Pls tell LO that segregation is useless

you just stated that segregation is the only thing that stops you rolling bronze district with a max rank geared out character, so clearly it has some use

obviously segregation doesn't work 100% but im willing to bet for every player like you that makes smurfs there's another player who doesn't want to play on anything but their main

Edited by xiphos

11 hours ago, xiphos said:

max rank geared out character

Why do ppl still think rank and gear is that important in APB?

only thing that stops you rolling bronze district

Take a look at my scorebord pics and u will see i'm not rolling by any means... (pls join silver district and "enjoy" some bitfenix gold matches and tell me again about getting "rolled")

They should open green districts to protect snowflakes and new players. 

Than we would have a 1/2 green district and still 1 full bronce and 1 full silver... at least on EU.

for every player like you that makes smurfs there's another player who doesn't want to play on anything but their main

I also don't want to play anything but my main!!!

Seems like u don't understand the problem.

Sometimes when i log in ther is only 1 single bronce district up.

So what i can do is:

A) make a new account or 

B) not play APB at all

So u want me to always go for B?

Well than gg u fixed small playerbase by vote for -1 playercount...

But u are totally right! and thats the problem with useless segregation.

There are ppl willing to play but they just can't

join any district and don't play at all.

So u should have said: "for every player making smurfs there is also 1 player not playing APB at all"

Just to clarify I also get rolled every now and than and yea also on bronce districts.

Un can be an upset kitten or u can go on and enjoy the game. Ppl can choose for themselves.

Edited by HighSociety

6 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Just to clarify I also get rolled every now and than and yea also on bronce districts.

Un can be an upset kitten or u can go on and enjoy the game. Ppl can choose for themselves.

Keep in mind that if they remove segregation, this situation may and will get worse, and if you get stomped on bronze, imagine what happens after the segregation gets removed. Maybe for some pro, tryhards (let's forget about "gold" term, because it's quite subjective), masochists and also you it's ok, but not for me and many others. Leaving districts as it is now is the optimal solution before the new matchmaking arrives. Yes, there's a dethreating issue, but let's be honest, majority of bronze server do that, and sometimes people "escape" from silver due to inability to compete players in there, and failing to get a team. I bet that is why some famous good players don't play at all, because they got stomped by "dead-inside wizards in black" in silver district, and ashamed to dethreat to play in bronze. (Imagine Shini on bronze lol)

Also apologies for off-topic, but I wanted to establish my opinion on this... again.

10 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Why do ppl still think rank and gear is that important in APB?

because in this case they are, you can claim that you play the same no matter what weapons, mods, and vehicles you're using (spoiler: you don't) but they still require your opponent (in this case a potential new player) to switch playstyles that a new player has absolutely no concept of

the skill gap remains unaffected but segregation forcing smurfs means that at least new players can attempt to understand what their opp because they have access to the same base gear

10 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Take a look at my scorebord pics and u will see i'm not rolling by any means... (pls join silver district and "enjoy" some bitfenix gold matches and tell me again about getting "rolled")

They should open green districts to protect snowflakes and new players. 

Than we would have a 1/2 green district and still 1 full bronce and 1 full silver... at least on EU.

looked at the first 4 or 5 and it certainly looks like rolling to me, if the rest are different i have no idea why you led with killstreaks and 2.0+ kdr scoreboards

i agree that green threat and green districts should be more involved in the new player process, but i still wouldn't agree with removing segregation even if that happened

11 hours ago, HighSociety said:

I also don't want to play anything but my main!!!

Seems like u don't understand the problem.

Sometimes when i log in ther is only 1 single bronce district up.

So what i can do is:

A) make a new account or 

B) not play APB at all

So u want me to always go for B?

Well than gg u fixed small playerbase by vote for -1 playercount...

But u are totally right! and thats the problem with useless segregation.

There are ppl willing to play but they just can't

join any district and don't play at all.

So u should have said: "for every player making smurfs there is also 1 player not playing APB at all"

the way i see it yes, it would be better to possibly lose 1 player over possibly losing however many you rolled in your screenshots

6 minutes ago, xiphos said:

~snip~

1 player... as its only me locked out of apb by segregation... 

+ don't worry most of the guys on those screens i see regulary playing 😉

11 hours ago, HighSociety said:

making a smurf is no different than dethreating.

It is done to bully bronzes in an unfair match up to get easy wins  either way.

46 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

making a smurf is no different than dethreating.

It is done to bully bronzes in an unfair match up to get easy wins  either way.

If someone does it to bully ppl than yea u are right...

If it's done to be able to play APB when there is no silver district up...

Why should anyone get locked out at specific times just cuz he's maybe a bit more skilled than the online playerbase??? 

8 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Why should anyone get locked out at specific times just cuz he's maybe a bit more skilled than the online playerbase??? 

because bandaid fixes are usually terrible and the one G1 did was just that.

fair matches are a must for fun game play and that will help attract new and older players back to APB which is why we need phasing and other proposed changes by Little Orbit.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

because bandaid fixes are usually terrible and the one G1 did was just that.

fair matches are a must for fun game play and that will help attract new and older players back to APB which is why we need phasing and other proposed changes by Little Orbit.

Agree!

But everything u are talking about is AFTER 2.1 release... Phasing ya they got to R&D that first.

And what i want is not a bandaid fix. Segregation IS the bandaid fix... I want them to remove that "fix" what isn't working anymore.

New Player starting APB on their own won't stick around anyways or how often do u see new players and still see them some weeks later? 

And what kind of new Players do u see? When i see a real new player they mostly drive around not even realising that they are in a mission.

That's not a problem of being stomped and segregation does NOT help.

If we just could get the 100 Players / district back, matchmaking would work slightly better again.

Back than it was 50/50 chance to get good matches and now it's also 50/50 chance + ppl can't play at specific times....

How is that better? How does that help?

At least without segregation i could bring some of my friends back and play together with them.

If some more ppl would do that, it would bring more players in till 2.1 and all the fancy stuff they promise. 

And again they never tried to remove it on Citadel. Not those stupid open conflict stuff just remove it at all.

I'll bet for every player leaving (if anyone leave for that) there will also be a locked out player commin back.

Maybe Playerbase won't grow but like we know it will not grow till 2.1 and stufff anyways.

But the existing playerbase could play whenever they want at least.

Edited by HighSociety

On 3/16/2021 at 7:53 PM, HighSociety said:

If someone does it to bully ppl than yea u are right...

If it's done to be able to play APB when there is no silver district up...

you Insult removed.    - Azukii are the reason, the game is in this situation. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, EMilika said:

you Insult removed.    - Azukii are the reason, the game is in this situation. 

Yes G1 is my company so i am the reason... stupid 

Btw i am one of the guys still spending money so i'm keeping the servers up.... 

On 3/15/2021 at 2:22 AM, R3ACT3M said:

16860637.jpg

strife is best shotgun. 10 GA is fun.

(it's also fine the way it is i see you looking at it LO you stop looking at my baby like that)

Sign in to follow this