Y2Venom

Weird things you have seen happen in game.

Not sure this is weird or normal but i post this anyway =p

Edited by Rivona

On 8/26/2021 at 12:03 AM, Rivona said:

Not sure this is weird or normal but i post this anyway =p

05661de0c16a25d96dcd90b2690272ea.jpg

They're just outside the OSMAW's max damage radius (0.235m). Considering the OSMAW deals 1,000 damage (equal to a player's max health), even a fraction of distance outside its max damage radius will cause it to deal 999 damage or less, allowing the person to survive.

The other person might also be wearing Flak Jacket, which reduces explosive damage by 40%. Flak Jacket would reduce the OSMAW's 1,000 damage to only 600 damage. Players have 1,000 health, so the person would survive with 400 health remaining.

Based on their speed when they ran up earlier, they aren't wearing Kevlar of any tier. However, even Kevlar 1 would save you from a direct OSMAW hit, as it brings your health up to 1,100 which would result in you surviving with 100 health remaining.

• Thanks 1

you guys still playing this game ? 😄

Edited by Ysaline

2 hours ago, Rivona said:

Car did 0 damage

They're using Valzipram Tablets. I know from personal experience, as I use that mod myself. I've lost count how many times I've watched my character be dragged along by the enemy's vehicles as they attempt (and fail) to run me down. The mod would be overpowered as hell, if it wasn't for Car Surfer existing.

I used these Valzipram Tablets a few times, too, but I still got run over so many times so I found them pretty useless. Seems to work only for others I try to run over 😄

• Like 1

Uh oh what is thissssssssssssss =D

Edited by Rivona

57 minutes ago, Rivona said:

Uh oh what is thissssssssssssss =D

hitboxes interfere with projectiles, likely as a built in feature so you don't blow yourself up

11 hours ago, glaciers said:

hitboxes interfere with projectiles, likely as a built in feature so you don't blow yourself up

IIt's to compensate for the 3rd person camera. The projectile comes out at an angle, towards the object it thinks you're aiming at. You would need to compensate your aim in close quarters otherwise (which would be fine imo). The problem is the area of detecting objects is too big. I would replace it with a single ray trace from your center view. There's no reason for it to fire at an angle when your weapon and crosshair is above the object. You're gonna shoot over it.  Besides, I still see players blow themselves up. You can't fix human error.

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

Besides, I still see players blow themselves up. You can't fix human error.

That isn't actually human error. The compensation system (which is what causes projectiles, such as rockets and grenades) to behave strangely when near edges of geometry (be it vehicle hitboxes or terrain features like walls) has a very limited angle of operation depending on what projectile and what geometry is involved. You can have fully cleared angles (from any player's PoV) on both the OSMAW and your crosshair, yet still suffer self-destruction, because of this. Speaking from extensive experience here.

There's an easy fix as far as the OSMAW and Volcano are concerned. Give them a minimum range to simulate the "arming range" that these kinds of weapons have IRL. This would allow removing that compensation system, since the player would no longer be able to catastrophically misfire their weapon. The rocket would simply hit their car/wall/whatever and drop to the ground harmlessly. The cost would be a lost round of ammunition, which is a fair cost for unskilled play. It would also nerf the abuse case these weapons have, which is point blank suicide shots (or near-suicide if smart and equipped with Flak), potentially allowing the removal of the wind-up timer that was implemented to counter this abuse case.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, Crimey said:

I used these Valzipram Tablets a few times, too, but I still got run over so many times so I found them pretty useless. Seems to work only for others I try to run over 😄

Its protect only from high speed.

3 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

true og

gang gang

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EVInezca said:

Its protect only from high speed.

Incorrect. The mod increases the threshold of relative speed at which point a car colliding with you will start causing damage. In other words, a car has to travel faster (relative to your own movement) before it will actually run you down. The difference is significant, and will save you from being run down in most situations (other than just being blindsided).

4 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Screen-Shot00198.png

🤔

The picture's not showing up for me, can't even click it either. Apart from teleporting around and getting glued to the floor I've ran into dead pedestrians and they shoot off like a rocket and fly away. I found an NPC half sunk into the ground walking on the spot, one fell from the ceiling of the floor above and landed in front of me. Enemy vehicle driving towards me, I'm about to get out of the way but he teleports on top of me. I get the jump on an enemy, shoot him once then he shoots back and my screen freezes with a blood splat blocking my view of what's going on until I'm on the spawn map. I shoot an NPC 7 times with my pistol before he dies

My vehicle had a mind of it's own late last night, it would keep driving itself, It had a mind of it's own, It was controlling itself more than I was, It was trying to go all over the place. I got APB'd and was looking forward to a chase until my car decided to steer itself into a wall. At one point I saw a player in a sitting position floating down the road, I think his vehicle hadn't loaded on the screen.

The NPC being mugged is behind me in the background

MhczEeH.jpgE2OJucQ.jpg

7VwuYAY.jpg

His arm went wrong, usually the left arm is inside the vehicle.

8Aq0HA8.jpg

paBykNh.jpg

0MDrxIz.jpg

Invisible cars are good until you forget where you parked them. You could make it appear visible again when you repaired it but hit anything with it and it would be invisible again. I ended up getting blown up though when I tried to run the opposition over

sznIdE2.jpg