Uhtdred

medspray meta

medspray   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want medspray removed?

• Yes
    • No

20 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Lily they nerfed PMG/HVR/NFAS/NTEC How are none of those meta weapons? I don't agree with the OBIR nerf though. I miss old obir.

I was hinting towards the hateful LTL-nerf that they have failed to justify but you aren't wrong, meta-weapons indeed got nerfed & not in the right way

- PMG's nerf ended up being too much (this is coming from someone who doesn't like the PMG) as it always was meant to be a slower but more range-rich than OCA. Evidently, whomever is approving changes decided to have OCA-whisper on a league of its own that completely breaks this ideal. PMG's range went down from 35 meters to 20 meters while giving OCA-Whisper a solid 30 meters. If the player plans on playing super-close, they can go with the non-Whisper variant as it can kill faster, otherwise Whisper is the more reliable choice. PMG is just dead. They didn't balance the game, they just made CQC-players switch from PMG to OCA.

- HVR's accuracy-damage mechanic would fit in a sci-fi game, not in here. HVR isn't a charge-laser sniper.. I'd like to see what they will do when they revisit HVR (if they ever do).

- NFAS wasn't exactly nerfed. LO removed the shotgun ray-scaling they added a while back. Ray-scaling was set to be too generous & ended up having NFAS be super powerful. The weapon itself wasn't changed.

- N-tec's destiny is what decides the general balance of APB due to its versatility. If LO wants every weapon to be dangerous in its own right, they'd balance around the N-tec. But they currently seem to want APB be an expanded rock-paper-scissors (a prime reason why this game won't appeal to too many Players outside this population). So they'll nerf N-tec to achieve a loadout-emphasized game.

Yeah, OBIR rewarded faster & more fluid gameplay but as always shown, LO seems to be heavily against quick switching. So they applied the flag that prevents switching during firing on Sept. 19, 2020. They might've made things better another way but they chose the lazy way.

They do plan on revisiting all weapons, so let's see if they make things at least consistent and functional throughout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

PMG's nerf ended up being too much (this is coming from someone who doesn't like the PMG) as it always was meant to be a slower but more range-rich than OCA. Evidently, whomever is approving changes decided to have OCA-whisper on a league of its own that completely breaks this ideal. PMG's range went down from 35 meters to 20 meters while giving OCA-Whisper a solid 30 meters. If the player plans on playing super-close, they can go with the non-Whisper variant as it can kill faster, otherwise Whisper is the more reliable choice. PMG is just dead. They didn't balance the game, they just made CQC-players switch from PMG to OCA.

i actually disagree that the pmg nerf could have been any better - its honestly still a ridiculous gun, but the range was appropriately toned down

of course i have serious doubts this was intentional perfection on orbit's part seeing as how they immediately proceeded to mutilate the oca, if only they could achieve the same level of balance with every change apb would be amazing

1 hour ago, xiphos said:

i actually disagree that the pmg nerf could have been any better - its honestly still a ridiculous gun, but the range was appropriately toned down

Yes, PMG's range is definitely more appropriate atm than it was before. More so that it has 3 meters over OCA EW (20m vs 17m) and that its previous 35m range was identical to Carbine's.

Even being at 30m kinda protrudes into carbine/OSCAR range.

I'm just a bit concerned about OCA-Whisper overshadowing both most of the time with its staggering, built-in additional range of 10 meters over PMG's (Feels like it has Improved Rifling 4 with no downsides) AT the accuracy and ttk of OCA-EW. I wonder why the Whisper with its ttk and comparable accuracy to non-whisper-OCA (its accuracy is actually better due to better base at 10m and crouch modifier that is less than 1), was deemed fine at 30m rather than anything between 17-23 meters.

1 hour ago, xiphos said:

of course i have serious doubts this was intentional perfection on orbit's part seeing as how they immediately proceeded to mutilate the oca, if only they could achieve the same level of balance with every change apb would be amazing

Yep, it sure has the quick band-aid vibes behind it

I hope so too. By delaying balancing till the new engine is ready (since making changes on it should be more seamless & easier), I hope they can achieve that level quickly because the time-pressure from marketing APB 2.1 won't let them have many casual-attempts at it.

Edited by LilyRain

17 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Shields are no longer a consumable and timeout after x amount of time so you cant cockblock stairs and doors anymore. Ammo boxes also timeout now and no longer resupply explosives of any kind including nades. Medspray got a buff and with the other 2 nerfed 6ft under its now strictly meta. Whatever it takes to be a toxic tryhard in APB to stroke your own ego.

Holy shit, what the hell.

Just now, Alani said:

Holy shit, what the hell.

med spray is basically a 500hp button after the latest buff

On 4/18/2021 at 3:11 AM, SilentHill said:

Medspray with CA3 does literally nothing.

I'm going to cry blood. You fire 5 shots at a player and then they run around the corner, fart a green cloud and get half their HP back and you want to say it does literally nothing?

22 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

I'm going to cry blood. You fire 5 shots at a player and then they run around the corner, fart a green cloud and get half their HP back and you want to say it does literally nothing?

Sounds about right.

Thanks Kewlin for saving my post data before the old forum server went AWOL.

Medspray only skips the regen delay part.
Which means regen rate is 62.5 HP/sec
It would take 8 seconds of uninterrupted regen to get back half HP (500).

Without any CA, it would take 2 seconds...

It would be super simple to balance medspray:
Either remove it (consumables are a bad concept in a PvP game anyway) or adjust the regen rate on use to 50 HP/sec , regardless of any green mods worn.

Edited by Talla

"Doubles base health regeneration for 5 seconds."

It will be 4 seconds to gain 500HP with CA3. 2 seconds without CA.

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

It will be 4 seconds to gain 500HP with CA3. 2 seconds without CA.

activation immediately starts regen tho, so its actually 3 seconds with ca3 and instant without ca3

On 4/19/2021 at 3:54 AM, Reprimand said:

with CA3 it does LITERALLY NOTHING its the same time to heal with using medspray and without medspray thats how CA3 works lol, if they use CA1-2 Flak or Kevlar it does do a lot.

4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

with CA3 it does LITERALLY NOTHING its the same time to heal with using medspray and without medspray thats how CA3 works lol, if they use CA1-2 Flak or Kevlar it does do a lot.

This is why LO make such weird balance changes. People can't even read the descriptions in game.

4 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

This is why LO make such weird balance changes. People can't even read the descriptions in game.

i actually jumped ingame to test ca3 and med spray and only caught a ~2s difference between ca3 regen and ca3 + med spray regen, so it seems like the only advantage ca3 + med spray has is removing the 1.6s regen delay of ca3?

given how both item descriptions are written this shouldn't be the case (which makes me wonder if my simple stopwatch tests were just off), but i'm not exactly going to campaign for another med spray buff

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, xiphos said:

i actually jumped ingame to test ca3 and med spray and only caught a ~2s difference between ca3 regen and ca3 + med spray regen, so it seems like the only advantage ca3 + med spray has is removing the 1.6s regen delay of ca3?

given how both item descriptions are written this shouldn't be the case (which makes me wonder if my simple stopwatch tests were just off), but i'm not exactly going to campaign for another med spray buff

It's 2s plus some if you use it instantly. It negates the disadvantage of CA3 over CA2. Before when it only started the healing, it did not affect CA3. 2s doesn't sound like much but getting that little extra HP in does help, otherwise no one would use CA3 to begin with.

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

It's 2s plus some if you use it instantly. It negates the disadvantage of CA3 over CA2. Before when it only started the healing, it did not affect CA3. 2s doesn't sound like much but getting that little extra HP in does help, otherwise no one would use CA3 to begin with.

either way it doesn't seem to be working the way the descriptions are worded, med spray should shorten the overall ca3 regen time by ~6s if it was working "correctly"

2 hours ago, xiphos said:

either way it doesn't seem to be working the way the descriptions are worded, med spray should shorten the overall ca3 regen time by ~6s if it was working "correctly"

So the description saying: "Doubles base health regeneration for 5 seconds"
is actually not applied on medspray? It's only removing the delay?

Receiving 2 obir burst is a easy way to test.
If I recall, the sound effect triggers when regen delay is reached? Or when full HP is reached?

Edited by Talla

48 minutes ago, Talla said:

If I recall, the sound effect triggers when regen delay is reached? Or when full HP is reached?

it looks to me like ca3+med spray doesn't proc the double base regen, which could either be 250hp/s from no ca base regen or 62.5hp/s from ca3 "base" regen

i'm honestly not sure what the beep signifies tbh, altho i assumed it was a static value of some kind for these tests, in hindsight that might have been dumb

At the end of the day its just yet another balance fuck up by Matt that needs to be reverted

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

At the end of the day its just yet another balance fuck up by Matt that needs to be reverted

not to be rude or anything but...

when was the last time you didn't complain about something ? I swear everytime I see you in a post it's about something to complain about XD

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lucesan said:

not to be rude or anything but...

when was the last time you didn't complain about something ? I swear everytime I see you in a post it's about something to complain about XD

2 yrs ago when LO took over. I was the one telling everyone to give em a chance. Well its been 2 yrs and they blew it.

51 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

2 yrs ago when LO took over. I was the one telling everyone to give em a chance. Well its been 2 yrs and they blew it.

Without you we wouldn't have pushed our #supportLO mentality so far. You're our rolemodel please don't stop now!

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, Talla said:

Clotting agent adds x seconds to the healing multiplier. Medspray halfs / multiplies the healing multiplier. Medspray gets applied first, then clotting is added on. It does speed up healing, but it's less than 3 seconds between CA3 and CA3+medspray. That's also if you're at 1hp. If you use it at higher hp, the time difference is less. It's not a useless combo, but it has very limited use. Still, I don't think it's balanced stacking HP mods. They should make medspray a green mod and remove "doubles base health regen." It was overpowered prior just not many people had access to unlimited medsprays back then.

• Like 1