Uhtdred

medspray meta

medspray   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want medspray removed?

• Yes
    • No

Medspray + flak jacket is annoying... every tryhard literally using 10-15 medsprays per mission.

It should be fixed. Not removed. What other things do you hate? Lol try hard? Just because people are competing and want to win. To bad they don't roll over for you... 

• Thanks 1

It should be adjusted, not removed. 

• Like 1

It was annoying back then and I can only imagine what it is as a meta.

Consumables are probably one of the biggest mistakes added to the game. 

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 4

i feel like med spray needs an actual downside, because the current one seems based on players using med spray mid-cqc face trade and in my experience almost no one uses it that way

perhaps take a page from epinephrine and have med spray damage players (untested/toxic chemicals yadda yadda yadda for lore) before the regen kicks in, that way using it incorrectly or with poor timing has more consequences than just restarting regen

or we could just revert the double base regen change

• Like 3

I want all yellow mods removed, and don't forget the shield. just remove everything (minus weapons + clothing) g1 has added since the 2013 contact's patch... then release new contacts.... then release character locked names... then release engine update.. ez

3 hours ago, Bambola said:

It should be adjusted, not removed. 

i should have added another option like "not removed but fixed" my bad 😞

• Thanks 1

i think the yellow consumables were a dumb idea, all of them are gimmicks that broke the natural balance that apb had, and added more game breaking variables to think about:

Medspray: allows a whole team to regenerate really fast even after being dealt high damage, and then jump back in the fight in a matter of seconds.
Mobile cover: allows you to stop a car when you're a middle of the road because phisics, can also block ladders and doors, somehow can resist a grenade as well.
Ammo box: Deathtrap that one shots when used with percs, or any explosives, also allows people to spam nades at specific spots, or other kinds of explosives.
Boom box: Straight up useless against anyone that's higher threat than bronze.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ketog said:

i think the yellow consumables were a dumb idea, all of them are gimmicks that broke the natural balance that apb had, and added more game breaking variables to think about:

Medspray: allows a whole team to regenerate really fast even after being dealt high damage, and then jump back in the fight in a matter of seconds.
Mobile cover: allows you to stop a car when you're a middle of the road because phisics, can also block ladders and doors, somehow can resist a grenade as well.
Ammo box: Deathtrap that one shots when used with percs, or any explosives, also allows people to spam nades at specific spots, or other kinds of explosives.
Boom box: Straight up useless against anyone that's higher threat than bronze.

Tbh I agree with this, but I don't think they are gonna get removed. Hopefully maybe reworked to help with the balance

Being able to trigger health regen at any time is overpowered.

Removed - no. Nerfed/reworked - absolutely. It cannot remain the way it is right now. You basically have 2x the amount of health + decent grenade resistance when used with Flak Jacket. Its absolutely ridiculous and needs to go away ASAP.

• Like 4

If LO wishes to keep the current, epicly generous cooldown of 45 seconds, then:

Make Medspray spawn an actual hand-held item (like blowtorch).

Doing this makes Medspray a self-healing blowtorch with the following gameplay-requirements:

1 - Must hold down left-mouse button to heal (as if injecting one's self with a syringe), effectively not allowing the user to fight when healing but also not forcing them to stay still during it (yay, no sitting-2-heal objective-like animation required).

2 - Must know when is the best time to stop healing and start re-equipping a weapon, because weapon re-equip times can easily mean death.

Ultimately, medspray will become something meaningful to use when fighting enemies that are about... 4.5+ seconds apart? But it won't work as good in a 1v1 scenario.

[And yes, the x2 heal rate should go down. Perhaps to x1.25, else people will just keep self-healing till they find a good opportunity to attack, which would be super lame]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise, completely revert the x2 heal-rate buff or better even just remove the consumable from the game.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 4

I used to play with medspays before, but spending tons of APB$  on them just to use it for a next couple of missions was the worst downside for me. So I learned to play without them, however shields are still my favorite. I voted as "No", but I wouldn't complain much if they remove or rework them. 

This has been discussed before, why you guys started it again?

7 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Medspray + flak jacket is annoying... every tryhard literally using 10-15 medsprays per mission.

so is medspray the new "thing to complain about" right now?

give it time, thoes people that hate it will get it removed likehow they got radar tower removed

2 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

give it time, thoes people that hate it will get it removed likehow they got radar tower removed

Very unpopular opinion... I miss mobile radar and wouldnt mind it coming back one day. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

radar tower didn't save you from dying. Medspray does...

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Very unpopular opinion... I miss mobile radar and wouldnt mind it coming back one day. 

Man I miss mobile radar. Sadge man. 

get that gross broken garbage outa my game that or just make it so it can't be purchased with apb $. rarity was what gave it some semblance of balance.

Edited by MonkaS

3 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

what are you talking about?

radar tower has been disabled because its bugged and they can't fix it atm

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

then release character locked names

673ba6c6931482be74cf8d3fdf2b090d.gif

Not removed, but it really needs a cool down nerf. Rich people can afford to buy max stacks of them and can pop them off like a pack of skittles 

• Like 3

Meanwhile everyone above complaining + 95+% of the players using Clotting agent 2 or 3 cuz its the most versatile meta, and cant get over an idea that they cant just simply rush kevlar or flak jacket user head first.

5da4e79c0da6a85a8c850cfe531b10be.jpg

• Like 2