Reprimand

Struggling with Raptor 45 Vulture

I'm genuinely struggling with this gun, it's silenced and the accuracy is good but the damage is just poor to say the least. Any tips on what mods to use please?

I think this guns have weakness vs guns with more mobility.

hunting sight is the best option, which level depends on how much hipfire you want to sacrifice (for example i use hs3 because i almost never hipfire and it boosts marksmanship accuracy to a tolerable level)

i've seen people run cooling jacket on the raptor series for some discount oca action, but in my experience its just horrible and i'd rather use an oca

keep in mind that you're using a weapon that sacrifices overall effectiveness for exceptional ease of use, while you should basically always be mag dumping you probably won't win many straight face trades

34 minutes ago, Eviltara said:

I think this guns have weakness vs guns with more mobility.

But that's strange, I find that like firing it I get accuracy on the crosshair but my shots miss?

I prefer to not use any sight mods on this one, HS kills its advantage - hip fire accuracy. Try CJ or IR. 

IMO it must be 3-slot. 

19 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

I prefer to not use any sight mods on this one, HS kills its advantage - hip fire accuracy. Try CJ or IR. 

IMO it must be 3-slot. 

any tips for the ACT 44 pillager?

5 minutes ago, Tezzie said:

any tips for the ACT 44 pillager?

don't buy one. 

I'd use .45 / fbw or if some range needed the ACT 44 Golden Marksman 

Edited by HighSociety

get the non legendary one and put CJ2 on it and you have a bootleg vas C2

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

don't buy one. 

I'd use .45 / fbw or if some range needed the ACT 44 Golden Marksman 

that's not helpful I already have one!

15 minutes ago, Tezzie said:

ACT GM is the best choice if you want a long range secondary, next one is Harbinger, however most of you disagree. RSA Hunter is fun sometimes, but not a good choice for a fast-paced fights (which is 98% of all fights in this game lol).

Personally,I like Pillager just because of the look and ability to put skin on it. 

Just IMO.

Edited by Nagletz

For the ARMAS / unlocked Raptors, there's a few different options that work. I personally recommend running Cooling Jacket 2, it's given me the most consistent performance across many sessions with the guns. For the legendary Raptor, the only correct option is Mobility Sling (as that's the entire reason it's so much better / more desirable than the ARMAS / unlocked ones).

Use it for sneak attacks, ive always done really well with it when attacking from weird areas

3 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Use it for sneak attacks, ive always done really well with it when attacking from weird areas

I wish every silencer in game worked like Condor's one. Otherwise i can't see the point of it's existance\non existance on certain weapons.

Some stealth won't hurt for APB. 🙂

10 hours ago, Tezzie said:

Okay sorry.

I'll try again... don't use it if ur not already having fun and doing good with it.

2 hours ago, Nagletz said:

I wish every silencer in game worked like Condor's one. Otherwise i can't see the point of it's existance\non existance on certain weapons. Some stealth won't hurt for APB.

The silencer mods were introduced before tracers were disabled. Back then, tracers were a dead giveaway to your exact location, so hiding them gave you a pretty nice edge when shooting at people from mid to long range. Tracers will return with the engine upgrade, so silenced guns will get their strongest benefit back.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

For the ARMAS / unlocked Raptors, there's a few different options that work. I personally recommend running Cooling Jacket 2, it's given me the most consistent performance across many sessions with the guns. For the legendary Raptor, the only correct option is Mobility Sling (as that's the entire reason it's so much better / more desirable than the ARMAS / unlocked ones).

Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The silencer mods were introduced before tracers were disabled. Back then, tracers were a dead giveaway to your exact location, so hiding them gave you a pretty nice edge when shooting at people from mid to long range. Tracers will return with the engine upgrade, so silenced guns will get their strongest benefit back.

One can hope.

34 minutes ago, Tezzie said:

One can hope.

Dont... tracers look hilariously bad. 

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Okay listen but what's the point of having suppressors on weapons if enemies can instantly know where you are and there's damage indicators?

It's like, trying to get one in on an unaware opponent is hard because the damage recognition is mad

Just now, Tezzie said:

Okay listen but what's the point of having suppressors on weapons if enemies can instantly know where you are and there's damage indicators?

It's like, trying to get one in on an unaware opponent is hard because the damage recognition is mad

we could just make silencers cosmetic mods that dont actually have any effects (besides different audio) and don't take up a slot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xiphos said:

we could just make silencers cosmetic mods that dont actually have any effects (besides different audio) and don't take up a slot

why do you make such buen suggestions

thank you there friend silencers add nothing 

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You are definitely in the minority with that opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Yeah I'm agreed. Tracers always look good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Perhaps.

Still, I'm hoping for the option to turn them off.

tracers can look good, some of the early rtw footage had proper looking tracers

QJcOsXW.png

but i think the tracers we ended up with not only look a whole lot worse, but it feels like the amount was increased and it adds way too much visual clutter imo

nyKQSnm.jpg