CommandantSteele

Some weapons I'd like to see potentially included in APB in the future.

Once the dust has settled on the engine updates and we can get the ball rolling on content again, I'd like to see the following weapons make an appearance in some form in order to diversify the weapons on offering in APB.

Please note that this is a subjective list and as such you might not find everything to you're liking. That's okay!

If you want to make your own, here's a format to copy and paste:

Weapon name:

Weapon model: (If you're not making a generic weapon.)

Unique mods/mechanics:

Weapon name: Double Barrel Shotgun.

Weapon model: A double barrel shotgun. Preferably side-by-side instead of over-under.

Unique mods/mechanics: None.

Weapon name: M1 Garand.

Weapon model: An M1 Garand.

Unique mods/mechanics: En Bloc Clip: Slower reload if you reload before emptying the clip, faster reload if the clip is empty. Weapon pings when you're out of ammo.

Weapon name: Mauser C96.

Weapon model: A Mauser C96. Preferably with the stock.

Weapon name: Bren

Weapon model: A Bren LMG.

Weapon name: M1903 Springfield/Kar 98k/Lee-Enfield/Mosin-Nagant.

Weapon model: Same as the names.

Note: I'm lumping these all together because they're all bolt action rifles typically seen without scopes.

Weapon name: M1918 BAR.

Weapon model: An M1918 BAR. Preferably with the bipod excluded as there is no point for Bipods in APB.

Weapon name: Chauchat.

Weapon model: A Chauchat LMG. Preferably without the bipod again.

Weapon name: Model 1894.

Weapon model: Winchester 1984 lever action rifle.

Unique mods/mechanics: A rifle that loads one bullet at a time like a shotgun.

Weapon name: Model 1887.

Weapon model: Winchester model 1887 shotgun. Preferably the shorter/cut down variant.

Unique mods/mechanics: When firing from a car, the weapon is flip-cocked like in the terminator films.

Do you really think that these historic guns are fitting with the themes of the war on the streets of San Paro?

For legendary JMBs and as part of a pack exclusively It is ok in moderation but I feel this list is a bit much.

I would say though that a Bolt action in game rifle is something I think could be added in game, It would need a sniper rifle animation but kept in the Rifle(semi) class. Also a double barrel shotgun is something that is a bit overdue.

The Browning BAR M1918 should still be ok because of it's ammo count it would probably be lower than average LMGs, it would make it distinct and adds to the variety of LMGs in game.

29 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Do you really think that these historic guns are fitting with the themes of the war on the streets of San Paro?

For legendary JMBs and as part of a pack exclusively It is ok in moderation but I feel this list is a bit much.

I would say though that a Bolt action in game rifle is something I think could be added in game, It would need a sniper rifle animation but kept in the Rifle(semi) class. Also a double barrel shotgun is something that is a bit overdue.

The Browning BAR M1918 should still be ok because of it's ammo count it would probably be lower than average LMGs, it would make it distinct and adds to the variety of LMGs in game.

You are correct in that they're not entirely modern. They do, however, look cool. Isn't that what really matters?

10 minutes ago, Freewind said:

You are correct in that they're not entirely modern. They do, however, look cool. Isn't that what really matters?

Well laser rifles, nuclear warheads, motor cycles and helicopters are cool...

21 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Well laser rifles, nuclear warheads, motor cycles and helicopters are cool...

1,3, and 4 we might have some problems implementing (I could totally see laser rifles as an april fools event though). However, I don't think that adding motorcycles would be impossible. Though it would be quite the undertaking to code an entirely new class of vehicle. 

Weapon name: Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 Commando ( It can be named differently, like Agrotech Police Tactical Carbine or sort of.)

Weapon model: Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5 Commando

Unique mods/mechanics: Unique forearm fitted with both tactical flashlight and laser sight.(Will both act as a illuminating device and a Tagger.A change of a targeting reticle, like Ursus's 3-dot sight, can also be made.)

On 6/14/2018 at 5:23 PM, VickyFox said:

Mate. They added the MP40 and Luger P08 as JB weapons. I'm still waiting a MG42 as JB legendary. And we have the Colby .45 AP. Based mainly on Colt 1911 and Colby Commander A.K.A. Remington Model 1858. Ad I forgot to mention. We have OBEYA SLR762 based on FAL (Hoplite), ParaFAL (Spartan) and FAP (Broadside). And Colby 1922. Based on Thompson 1928. So yeah, the game is pretty full with classic weapons.

Edited by Maverick13
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Mate. They added the MP40 and Luger P08 as JB weapons. I'm still waiting a MG42 as JB legendary. And we have the Colby .45 AP. Based mainly on Colt 1911 and Colby Commander A.K.A. Remington Model 1858. Ad I forgot to mention. We have OBEYA CR762 based on FAL (Hoplite), ParaFAL (Spartan) and FAP (Broadside).

On 6/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, VickyFox said:

My main character has a Cap 40 Sargent, OSCP Kommandant Heart, Colby .45, and R-2 Harbinger...

I Think you mean the Obeya SLR762, of which I got the Broadside and Spartan so I could have different mods loadouts on both. The Obeya CR762 is just a stock.

...I didn't say this was a bad idea, I didn't say this shouldn't be a thing...

I acknowledged that there was already historical guns in some Armas gear packs and as Joker Mystery Box rewards, and I also said that more would be ok but in moderation. Too much of a good thing?

• Like 1

Just now, VickyFox said:

I Think you mean the Obeya SLR762, of which I got the Broadside and Spartan so I could have different mods loadouts on both. The Obeya CR762 is just a stock.

Relax, I edited. :v

Well. About Obeya SLR. I have all 3.

I think it's better to add some weapons based on historical than creating original and over the top designs (they'll probably do this if they run out of ideas)

On 6/14/2018 at 10:23 PM, VickyFox said:

I agree with these sentiments, and I think APB needs a more sensible and logical approach to what it implements in the future, so we don't lose the sense of it being an actual place (aka immersion).

On 6/14/2018 at 4:23 PM, VickyFox said:

Yeah I think it would fit with the theme. Absolutely everything in the game is pretty much over the top including lore, characters and weapons. I think one of the contacts commonly takes a jab at enforcers with a line like "where do these guys get their style from, World War II?" or something.

Well everything would fit except for the Chauchat, because that thing would probably have jamming as a unique mod/mechanic. :classic_laugh:

After the dust settles on upgrading  I'd love if they added bats and other melee attacking other than just a blowtorch
I really want to beat the crud out of our clan leaders pioneer for always running me over
Jerk tailgates me way too much or just flat out expects team members to move so he can drive XD