Sign in to follow this  
Y2Venom

What do you love about APB ?

Title says it all really, what is it that brings you back to APB. Personally for me its the customization. Its almost like an art. You have something in your head and you want to get it out on the canvas. The fact that you can customize pretty much anything. No other game has come even close in the last 10 years and that is saying a lot. There is nothing as great as a balanced game, its just a back and fourth trying to get item to your base. You do have days in which nothing goes right, there are no cars when you spawn, you keep hitting traffic or keep getting double teamed. Then you have games where you are so much on point you almost feel sorry for the opposition.  Then there are the times when you are in a fun team and fun unexpected things happen, in which somebody shoots a rocket at your car then you hit a bump and somehow jump the rocket. Another time in which i hit a bump flew through the air and managed to perfectly hit a team mate mid air as he was jumping off a building. The randomness of it all, so many fun moments.

The customized everything. Toons, cars, guns(skins), music, sprays etc. Nothing else like it out there. You might get a modded GTA server close but nothing to this. Also the gunplay is unique which is probably my favorite part. Also the pure competiveness for certain people. 

• Like 3

the potential the game still have despite what some people said..pretty much for that i keep coming back

• Like 1

The customization is still impressive almost 11 years later - like others have said, no other game of this nature has nailed customization quite like APB for both vehicles and characters.

When the matchmaking works out, this game is just incredible! I've had some nail-bitingly close matches that have ended with a narrow victory or loss! That sweet spot is sometimes hard to hit, but it's so satisfying when it does.

Plus, I think APB nails the random moments really well too. I remember one time years ago where I was playing with some friends as enforcers - we were randomly put into a match and raced across Financial to catch up. The crim team had just finished their objective and were driving away with one of them carsurfing on top. I blindly took a jump off the highway overpass, suddenly saw this car of crims hurrying to their next objective, and managed to land squarely on top of the guy carsurfing. Unfortunately I lost my clip of that incident to a hard drive failure!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, wibsey said:

nothing.

This is what you love about apb. You clearly love the forums haha. To post that 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

the potential the game still have despite what some people said..pretty much for that i keep coming back

OH I completely agree

40 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

When the matchmaking works out, this game is just incredible! I've had some nail-bitingly close matches that have ended with a narrow victory or loss! That sweet spot is sometimes hard to hit, but it's so satisfying when it does.

OH I completely agree [2]

I personally love that as soon as I start taking it seriously and actually try to win, I stop having fun and uninstall. This is not dissimilar to CS:GO.

• Like 1

Before long time it was in the shopping mall waterfront everyone know this spot.  We had no much time more left. The enemy team hold it with 5 peoples. No way to clear the spot. We shoot in a last fight and we kill nobbody and all say no way! and my ftiend was ninja the spot and finished it. This was amaizing later we won. This are the moments you will never forget. And for this moments i love apb. 

• Like 4

The ability to think of a character and make them. Without this APB wouldn't have made it more than a week,

can't even tell if i love anything about apb anymore or if its just habit from sticking around so long

Edited by xiphos
  • Like 1

Despite the non-fruitful, daft Weapon Balancing. APB is the only PvP game I know of that lets me login and actually arrest my opponents with good looking characters.

• Like 2

the fact i can go "wow they shutdown fallen earth for this shit heap?" then go play something better

i havent had fun here since like 2015

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the talk about customization while everyone runs around with female hairstyle #2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I like the talk about customization while everyone runs around with female hairstyle #2 

but some times it's #3

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

#2 and #3 are the best hair styles, i think hte customization we talk about is the ability to create decals for our clothes / cars, mix match different tops / bottoms and such, and do face painting , body tats, exc

1 hour ago, ShaiShai said:

#2 and #3 are the best hair styles...

There's no disputing matters of taste. Personally none of my characters have any of those two styles, and I have an army of characters. 

Again, personally, customization for me is everything, from your character physical appearance, clothing and vehicles to skins we use.

Used to love the fun moments when we just stacked trucks and stunt driving with 99 ppl trying to reach the baylan roof.

The missions and all the diffrent ppl u met.

The challenging fights where positioning and changing weapons based on location was a thing.

I loved the time when i could invite and play with my friends without beeing locked to districts that i can join with my TL !

I loved when it shows up that a Gold 10 "bigboy" entered the district.

I loved when u went n5/p5 and u got some ppl trying to hunt u down like there is no tomorrow.

Okay i love APB less and less, month for month cuz everything fun and also everything challenging myself was patched out by G1...

and LO is maybe doing the best they can but they do it way too slow and they miss to make some changes (or better undo some changes) for the live game....

Ya thats basically what i love / loved

Edited by HighSociety

Pretty much everything if it wasn't for the complete lack of content and all the cheaters.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, CookiePuss said:

You know when you are in the wrong when the bald options outnumber the long hair options. I think though, the hair might be one of those features that if you try changing anything its like taking your thumb out of the dam.

Sign in to follow this