Y2Venom

Is there any in game moderation at all ??

48 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

When a player dies , the weapon drop on ground and can be used by oppo.
Worst ingame choose for APB.

suicide choose #1 : merge Innova with EU.
eutanasia choose #2 : merge Hoplon with NA
collective suicide #3 : threating to merge NA and EA.

Sounds like you're mad that other players could use your weapons better than you.

- Merging Innova would have been fine if players kept their Russian names, inventory, and if the EU servers were hosted in east Europe.

- The idiotic move was blocking Brazilians to begin with. G1 could have setup a Latin American server and got more money from the influx in players than Hoplon paid. They could have done an account merge to SA, or even split the districts between North and South America like LO did with US east and west.

- There's very few players left. Besides, many players play on both servers. What needs to be fixed is the netcode so high latency players can't shoot low latency players behind cover.

I supported the game with 1.000 + euros, I would not support the f2cheat with my precious guns .

Sensible?

56 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

I supported the game with 1.000 + euros, I would not support the f2cheat with my precious guns .

Sensible?

i was not a big fan of the weapon drop system myself, but removing a viable mechanic because it might benefit people who might be cheating is not sensible, no

to say that the weapon drop system affects your personal monetary support somehow is also a bit misleading, especially now that nearly all weapons are available to f2p players via the joker store anyway

Edited by xiphos
typo

10 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You mean, before or after 3 months of gold lock caused the population to drop on Colby and Joker by at least 50%? We can say the numbers speak for themselves, but 5-6? years of the current system, vs 3 months of gold lock. Drastic difference in pop loss. Joker went from 1200 pop to 400-600 in 3 months, and now 4 or so years later its at ~120. We can say the numbers speak for themselves, however that doesn't change the fact that hard-lock was one of the worst things for APB.

Want to know why it was so bad? within several months of gold lock being removed, half the old GM team and CM "stopped working" for G1. Then we got Tiggs. Ofc it could be just... coincidence that such a large chunk of the old G1 team "disappeared" after hard threat seg gold lock. I don't believe it was though.

Threat segregation ended up being a "bandaid" fix to a bad system with compounded issues. Green should have been removed, leaving silver/bronze/gold. However the problems that infested gold which caused the population drop, carried over "once again" after threat seg was removed. G1 and LO has barely touched the issues since.

Exploits, glitches, and playstyles that "vet golds" use(d), were re-introduced to silver by a large margin. Add in the number of cheaters that Tiggs didn't ban until early-mid period. Well you had a recipe for disaster. Especially because silver and bronze's threat skill level dropped DRASTICALLY after lock. What would have been an "average or high silver" pre-lock after 3 months had the skill of a low bronze. Clans that were active pre-gold lock, were forced to disband or dethreat to play together, or constantly have the lower threat members stomped and face the constant cheat clans and exploiters in gold. The game was drastically mismanaged at the time, and it really showed, especially because of the loss of the GM team. It's a shame they haven't fixed the handful of exploits and OOB issue areas yet. Sadly the current good, came too little to late.

After for sure and you are perfectly in the right, it indeed was a Band-Aid fix at the time (like most fixes in APB).

By default, games that segregate threats or attempt to classify players will have smaller total population in general, especially when such classifications are made too obvious & the community makes it the prime center of focus. Indeed, that's the recipe they went for because they didn't properly assess the downsides and underestimated the potential damage to the population.

That decline would've been less sharp if instead 50v50 Districts remained rather than the current 40v40 + threat-segregation. Friends and Clans wouldn't have been forced to be separated as much and more importantly, matchmaking would've had more people in the pool to work with per district, so more chances to see different faces after pressing 'K' and the need for phasing at the present moment wouldn't be as high as it is right now.

This should indeed be looked into for a better than just a Band-Aid fix if population starts booming again (ideally sooner). While Phasing should help with the matchmaking aspect and appeal to two-parties, the first being those who think 40v40 is the perfect size and the second being those with old computers. A strong player won't easily be a companion to a Newcomer-friend who is yet to learn the ropes & ends up with a low-threat when playing solo & trying to progress (of course, Clans will naturally be affected as well).

While Players must be somewhat competitive in APB to win matches, this degree of separation was never needed as threat in APB is meaningless & currently doesn't impact any kind of seasonal ranking rewards like in other PvP games. If there is something APB is yet to get over and beyond to improve in the market of games, it is leaving Band-Aid fixes (especially Weapon Balancing).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only issue is that Jericho's current population may dip further (and so will EU's) if threat-segregation is removed again because that alone is not enough. A proper-reversal should be scheduled WITH the Global Merge with the new Engine. It can neither be before nor after, has to be released with it to be most effective & is the current major point of concern. Because according to the latest roadmap post by MattScott (that clearly states APB will be pushed for a round of marketing BEFORE enhancing New Player Experience, weapon Balancing, etc..), we already know things are set in stone for this to not happen in the best way it can happen at, if it happens at all.

• Like 1

It's still impossible to report people with Cyrillic in their names. The other day in FC this Russian player kept attacking me over and over and I couldn't report him even if I copied the characters from his name.

• Like 1

One could argue it is almost a good thing there are no active in-game moderators, given how many players are violating the Rules of Conduct in one way or another. If the rules would be *really* enforced with no exceptions, the current, already low population, would suffer by a lot. Also whenever there are some of GMs or TGMs online, the whole district chat gets so obsequious, it is uneasy to read, almost embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bambola said:

whenever there are some of GMs or TGMs online, the whole district chat gets so obsequious, it is uneasy to read, almost embarrassing. 

Ugh too true

On 2/26/2021 at 3:52 AM, Y2Venom said:

running at the opposing team jumping up and down to be shot. I have been teamed with a player who for the last 4 weeks refused to use weapons ?

Normies these days...

Once upon a time you had the privilege to get teamkilled on purpose all the time.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:14 PM, Bambola said:

Also whenever there are some of GMs or TGMs online, the whole district chat gets so obsequious, it is uneasy to read, almost embarrassing. 

GM's and TGM's ingame are like unicorns: people talk about them but you never see one.

15 hours ago, Spy said:

GM's and TGM's ingame are like unicorns: people talk about them but you never see one.

An old legend, dating back to 17th century when San Paro was founded, has it that saying moderator's name 3 times in a row makes them appear.

No matter how ya look at it, it comes down to incompetence.
Getting hold of a GM is super rare and also pretty useless to be honest since they can't really do much at all. Even if they pass it on or even if you yourself send in videos with obvious stuff they most of the time do absolutely nothing. I've shown them videos of blatant aimbots and triggerbots etc and these people are still playing, streaming even, having a great time, while everyone who faces them suffer, except for other cheaters, and those two groups of people are who the game belongs to now. It's frustrating because I know and understand more than those incompetent people, yet I'm the one coming to them to get help, and of course they have no damn clue what they are even looking at!

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 1

I feel like people hide behind "no name and shame" in order to tell fantastic tales.

6 hours ago, Cr0 said:

No matter how ya look at it, it comes down to incompetence.
Getting hold of a GM is super rare and also pretty useless to be honest since they can't really do much at all. Even if they pass it on or even if you yourself send in videos with obvious stuff they most of the time do absolutely nothing. I've shown them videos of blatant aimbots and triggerbots etc and these people are still playing, streaming even, having a great time, while everyone who faces them suffer, except for other cheaters, and those two groups of people are who the game belongs to now. It's frustrating because I know and understand more than those incompetent people, yet I'm the one coming to them to get help, and of course they have no damn clue what they are even looking at!

I think you are being a bit harsh, the cheating is a whole other beast, then the general mission griefing that is going on. My main gripe are the players that are doing it day in and day out. If i could ignore those players so i dont have to team with them, that would be great.

Game and community moderation dont exist in APB. GMs and CMs dont care nor do they bother enforcing the TOS. All there good for is showing up to piss off the community and troll.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

GMs and CMs dont care nor do they bother enforcing the TOS. All there good for is showing up to piss off the community and troll.

Thats a bit harsh. I see the gm spending allot of time answering questions. And one time someone was Truck Raging n the GM removed the player, even Silenced my reroll Lenny for hacusating. N guess who quiets down when a gm is present. Ol Mack likes to 'Dry Hacusaate' , Mack likes to call people politically oriented names. I no longer do this because of convos with the GM.

GMs are doing the Job they were asked to do, this may not be the the job certain players think the GM should be doing, which to my knowledge is primarily keeping the toxicity out of chat. As far as trolling, it is the GM being trolled by repetitive stupid questions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

22 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Game and community moderation dont exist in APB. GMs and CMs dont care nor do they bother enforcing the TOS. All there good for is showing up to piss off the community and troll.

i dunno, they come to protect events in apb whenever people do some

can't help but respect that, most game moderators in other games dont bother with that from my experience

At least this thread was a good incentive for one of the game moderators to magically appear in the districts during the weekend. 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, Y2Venom said:

I think you are being a bit harsh, the cheating is a whole other beast, then the general mission griefing that is going on. My main gripe are the players that are doing it day in and day out. If i could ignore those players so i dont have to team with them, that would be great.

If a situation is bad then it may sound harsh when one is honest.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:23 AM, Queen of Love said:

When a player dies , the weapon drop on ground and can be used by oppo.
Worst ingame choose for APB.

suicide choose #1 : merge Innova with EU.
eutanasia choose #2 : merge Hoplon with NA
collective suicide #3 : threating to merge NA and EA.

I actually loved that, it was cool and useful.

Merging was neccessary due to low pops and costs of servers.

On 3/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

Thats a bit harsh. I see the gm spending allot of time answering questions. And one time someone was Truck Raging n the GM removed the player, even Silenced my reroll Lenny for hacusating. N guess who quiets down when a gm is present. Ol Mack likes to 'Dry Hacusaate' , Mack likes to call people politically oriented names. I no longer do this because of convos with the GM.

GMs are doing the Job they were asked to do, this may not be the the job certain players think the GM should be doing, which to my knowledge is primarily keeping the toxicity out of chat. As far as trolling, it is the GM being trolled by repetitive stupid questions 

Harsh but true, ive seen an influx of griefers over the last few months and if they were doing their job this wouldnt be the case. Dethreating also wouldnt be a problem if they were enforcing the TOS as its against the TOS to dethreat. GMs need and should be doing more then they are doing now.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:17 AM, Yeedman said:

i dunno, they come to protect events in apb whenever people do some

can't help but respect that, most game moderators in other games dont bother with that from my experience

How often are they around? Once in a blue moon? I never saw a GM during valentines in Jericho and when LO 1st took over you saw the GMs everywhere, 2 yrs later and they are as scarce as a legit player is.

11 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

when LO 1st took over you saw the GMs everywhere, 2 yrs later and they are as scarce as a legit player is.

GMs used to be visible (literally) but Matt decided they were too much of a distraction so now they spend their time invisible (again literally). 

Long story short,  if GMs are doing their job correctly, you wont necessarily be seeing them. 

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

GMs used to be visible (literally) but Matt decided they were too much of a distraction so now they spend their time invisible (again literally). 

Long story short,  if GMs are doing their job correctly, you wont necessarily be seeing them. 

You're right, the only time I see them is when they're doing their job wrong, like arguing with people in district chat and threatening mutes for players not breaking the ToS.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

In business school, you learn about productivity and nonsense in a workplace. A study that was done to see if it was possible increase productivity and cut down on nonsense in the workplace. Somebody put forward the theory that if you dim or brighten the lights this may effect peoples moods and increase productivity. So they chose a factory that was known for a lot of nonsense. They ascertained that the lighting in the factory was not up to standard and got to work increasing the lighting. The team then started the study. As per their findings, productivity went up and nonsense went down. Delighted with their findings, they decided to dim the lights again to see what happens. They dimmed the lights and productivity went up more and nonsense dropped even more. Scratching their heads they decided to dim the lights back to the way they were before. Again productivity rose and nonsense came down even further. It wasn't until they realized that the light dimming or brightening had no effect what so ever. It was the fact that the workers knew that they were being watched which caused productivity to increase and nonsense decrease. 

It is also known that communities with a strong police presence has less crime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

In business school, you learn about productivity and nonsense in a workplace. A study that was done to see if it was possible increase productivity and cut down on nonsense in the workplace. Somebody put forward the theory that if you dim or brighten the lights this may effect peoples moods and increase productivity. So they chose a factory that was known for a lot of nonsense. They ascertained that the lighting in the factory was not up to standard and got to work increasing the lighting. The team then started the study. As per their findings, productivity went up and nonsense went down. Delighted with their findings, they decided to dim the lights again to see what happens. They dimmed the lights and productivity went up more and nonsense dropped even more. Scratching their heads they decided to dim the lights back to the way they were before. Again productivity rose and nonsense came down even further. It wasn't until they realized that the light dimming or brightening had no effect what so ever. It was the fact that the workers knew that they were being watched which caused productivity to increase and nonsense decrease. 

It is also known that communities with a strong police presence has less crime.

Or at least, less visible crime

On 3/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, CookiePuss said:

Correction, if GMs are doing their job correctly you wont see as much toxicity, trolling/griefing, hacking, cheating and dethreating. Cause the community would know to follow the rules if they wanted to keep their accounts and stuff.

Edited by Darkzero3802
  • Like 1