Y2Venom

Is there any in game moderation at all ??

A bit of a negative one, but i am just wondering if there is any in game moderation going on. Any at all?  Im not even asking for a lot but i see the same old culprits day in day out griefing missions, running at the opposing team jumping up and down to be shot. I have been teamed with a player who for the last 4 weeks refused to use weapons ?? 4 weeks and nothing done ??? Yet i see a guy on youtube who puts up an offensive image once and gets a lifetime ban. I will be honest with you. An offensive image has less of an impact on me enjoying the game then people constantly ruining games. Its all there to be seen out in the open.

• Like 2

The game has GMs and TGMs but they dont have real power,they are just able to kick people from a district and to speed up the process of the tickets made by them.So yeah any griefier will at least be able to be playing for quite some time even if a GM notice him.

I wouldn't wait for the GM, you should contact the Support instead with some evidences of griefing and dethreating. After four weeks of dethreating they are probably green so far, which should be a solid proof.

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

A bit of a negative one, but i am just wondering if there is any in game moderation going on. Any at all?  Im not even asking for a lot but i see the same old culprits day in day out griefing missions, running at the opposing team jumping up and down to be shot. I have been teamed with a player who for the last 4 weeks refused to use weapons ?? 4 weeks and nothing done ??? Yet i see a guy on youtube who puts up an offensive image once and gets a lifetime ban. I will be honest with you. An offensive image has less of an impact on me enjoying the game then people constantly ruining games. Its all there to be seen out in the open.

Game moderation... in APB? You INSANE?!

A lot of it comes down to image. Report a nazi symbol or other "offensive symbol" or some racist language, they can be banned pretty quickly. Report someone for griefing, glitching, or exploiting? Lol good luck ever getting that ban. That's at least my experience.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

For this they can become only a time ban how you want to know. 

A perm ban you become not so fast and this is good. 

imagine being able to whisper to GMs to avoid name shaming the chat

They seem intentionally useless

Edited by R3ACT3M
  • Like 2

Dethreaters are a problem cause... There is dethreating!

Abort segregation.

/solved.

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Dethreaters are a problem cause... There is dethreating!

Abort segregation.

/solved.

You have wolves dressing up as chickens in order to get into the hen house and your solution is to fix this is putting all the wolves and chickens in the same house.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

You have wolves dressing up as chickens in order to get into the hen house and your solution is to fix this is putting all the wolves and chickens in the same house.

Just remove bronze, and leave "T trainee" and then Silver Gold . period.
New players wil play only with new players lets say till level 30
Silver and  gold can't join them.

Edited by EMilika
typo

1 minute ago, EMilika said:

just remove bronze, and leave "T trainee" and then Silver Gold . period.
new players wil paly only with new players.
Silver and  gold can't join them.

trainee isnt a threat level, and new players are assigned a threat level within 5 missions - if you remove bronze, then they'll just be green or silver instead

59 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

That I could not have said better

6.png

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:29 PM, Y2Venom said:

On 2/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, LilyRain said:

That I could not have said better

6.png

There are 2 factions, so 2 hen and e 2 foxies that fight against.

Do you know the game? Is enfo vs crime, a team can have just one label and skill level is never superpro or total noob entire 

22 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

There are 2 factions, so 2 hen and e 2 foxies that fight against.

Do you know the game? Is enfo vs crime, a team can have just one label and skill level is never superpro or total noob entire 

That's... not how factions work..

You don't just have a wolf and a hen in a faction... then another faction also having a wolf and a hen.

Easily one of the most flawed and lackluster arguments I have ever seen.

4 hours ago, LilyRain said:

That's... not how factions work..

You don't just have a wolf and a hen in a faction... then another faction also having a wolf and a hen.

Easily one of the most flawed and lackluster arguments I have ever seen.

I guess have only toxic dethreaters in bronze is much better than have some honest gold more.

Is it?

I guess have only toxic dethreaters in bronze is much better than have some honest gold more.

Is it?

Yes. 

It's a shit situation either way, but no segregation is definitely worse for everyone but non dethreating golds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is it?

It is indeed much better. Threat Segregation was removed before & the population dropped worldwide, the numbers speak for themselves.

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

It is indeed much better. Threat Segregation was removed before & the population dropped worldwide, the numbers speak for themselves.

the segregation remove has been done togheter to:
-False or total false ban wave of T. (just for a Tshirt sold on ingame market, for example)
-absurd rework of any funny weapon. (option A= invincible, option B=toygun)
-server merge
-useless anticheat.
-an OOB system that doesnT help the noob but destroyed a solid community of players specialized in stunt car.
-an incredible idiocracy where a gold dethreaters opinion counts like 1000 players. 

-Riot district good for rage more than usual.
-drop system for allow f2p cheaters to have fun with Your gun. (also if it cost 40 $, happens)
-more and more and more suicide choose.
-teamkick sys for allow griefers to grief more.
-use a No segregation district when another Yes Segregation was available. (So the few honest and good left the dethreating district and bronzies were totaly alone )

I hope i didnT forget any of True reason of population drop.

PS: Ninjaripper doesnT works. 100 clients players less in one shot. (10-15% of population of 2016 and about 20% of nowaday)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

-False or total false ban wave of T. (just for a Tshirt sold on ingame market, for example)
-server merge
-useless anticheat.
-an OOB system that doesnT help the noob but destroyed a solid community of players specialized in stunt car.
-an incredible idiocracy where a gold dethreaters opinion counts like 1000 players. 

-drop system for allow f2p cheaters to have fun with Your gun. (also if it cost 40 $, happens)
-use a No segregation district when another Yes Segregation was available. (So the few honest and good left the dethreating district and bronzies were totaly alone )

PS: Ninjaripper doesnT works. 100 clients players less in one shot. (10-15% of population of 2016 and about 20% of nowaday)

Yes, these things contributed in lowering the population, over a long period of time.

But the patch that specifically removed threat-segregation on a temporary basis dropped player counts significantly in a short amount of time.

I personally enjoyed that period where I got to have a go at dethreaters, knowing they had no place to run away to... no Bronze-district to feast on Newbies in without getting what they deserve.

As much as I'll enjoy that again, removing threat-segregation is still bad for the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Yes, these things contributed in lowering the population, over a long period of time.

But the patch that specifically removed threat-segregation on a temporary basis dropped player counts significantly in a short amount of time.

I personally enjoyed that period where I got to have a go at dethreaters, knowing they had no place to run away to... no Bronze-district to feast on Newbies in without getting what they deserve.

As much as I'll enjoy that again, removing threat-segregation is still bad for the game.

Could be possible see the removing of segregations just for a month in any instance'?
Only this without any other miracle patch.
I guess there could be a static population first weeks, but then a slow grow up.

Cause newbies will stay with more pleasure. 

5 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Could be possible see the removing of segregations just for a month in any instance'?
Only this without any other miracle patch.
I guess there could be a static population first weeks, but then a slow grow up.

Cause newbies will stay with more pleasure. 

That would be interesting

Problem is that anyone can join an instance that ignores threat. So it makes lives easier for Dethreaters.

Dethreaters will go there with 0% risk of getting themselves reported as dethreaters in the main-districts.

Edited by LilyRain

8 hours ago, LilyRain said:

That would be interesting

Problem is that anyone can join an instance that ignores threat. So it makes lives easier for Dethreaters.

Dethreaters will go there with 0% risk of getting themselves reported as dethreaters in the main-districts.

Problem is not the strongest that beat badly a noob , is the dethreater that play sick ,griefing poor honest players in own team.

There is a 10% of chance in apb to win also if there are blatant in oppo, but there is zero if there is 1 dethreater dethreating.

I tried to be a gm but failed, didnt have enough game time.

Edit 

Now me and my friends just talk about the "old" days apb isnt making any new memories and that's kinda sad...

Merged.

On 2/28/2021 at 8:32 PM, Queen of Love said:

There is a 10% of chance in apb to win

Defenders always win 

Edited by Fruitini
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, R3ACT3M said:

imagine being able to whisper to GMs to avoid name shaming the chat
They seem intentionally useless

Yes. They police political correctness... not the deteriorated state of the game and it's multiple abuses.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 3:51 PM, LilyRain said:

You mean, before or after 3 months of gold lock caused the population to drop on Colby and Joker by at least 50%? We can say the numbers speak for themselves, but 5-6? years of the current system, vs 3 months of gold lock. Drastic difference in pop loss. Joker went from 1200 pop to 400-600 in 3 months, and now 4 or so years later its at ~120. We can say the numbers speak for themselves, however that doesn't change the fact that hard-lock was one of the worst things for APB.

Want to know why it was so bad? within several months of gold lock being removed, half the old GM team and CM "stopped working" for G1. Then we got Tiggs. Ofc it could be just... coincidence that such a large chunk of the old G1 team "disappeared" after hard threat seg gold lock. I don't believe it was though.

Threat segregation ended up being a "bandaid" fix to a bad system with compounded issues. Green should have been removed, leaving silver/bronze/gold. However the problems that infested gold which caused the population drop, carried over "once again" after threat seg was removed. G1 and LO has barely touched the issues since.

Exploits, glitches, and playstyles that "vet golds" use(d), were re-introduced to silver by a large margin. Add in the number of cheaters that Tiggs didn't ban until early-mid period. Well you had a recipe for disaster. Especially because silver and bronze's threat skill level dropped DRASTICALLY after lock. What would have been an "average or high silver" pre-lock after 3 months had the skill of a low bronze. Clans that were active pre-gold lock, were forced to disband or dethreat to play together, or constantly have the lower threat members stomped and face the constant cheat clans and exploiters in gold. The game was drastically mismanaged at the time, and it really showed, especially because of the loss of the GM team. It's a shame they haven't fixed the handful of exploits and OOB issue areas yet. Sadly the current good, came too little to late.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, Queen of Love said:

-server merge
-useless anticheat.

You literally did:

Vets using every glitch, exploit, and fucky mechanic to stomp and joyously admit to farming new players.

Medium item movement exploit is still not fixed, and they took far too long to fix other issues in-game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server merge didn't hurt the population, unless you're going to claim that mixing the east and west coast was a terrible decision. (I agree it was bad, colby players are trash, and joker certainly didnt have to deal with their type, however it was likely done due to falling population to consolidate costs).

Anticheat was screwy absolutely

"drop system?" wtf is that. Damage drop? I don't mind it but i kinda agree but only because, it sucks getting killed at 65m by an ntec lel otherwise i dont mind it

Riot did nothing against the game, though it did little to add anything. I regret not getting on to farm it for the temporary rewards.

suicide choose??

Teamkick was necessary. While I agree it allowed griefers to grief a tiny bit more, it prevented some of the worst tactics ingame which especially hurt new players. 1 Teamlead +1 friend /clanny+ 2 randos - starts losing, immediately kicks 2 randos for new team. I had seen the leader kick 5 people after calling backup several times. So let us not pretend that teamlead kick was the "better" system. New player on team? insta-kick. Start getting to later stages/last stage? -Kick-

Sure now they just TK the newbie or grief to get the guy kicked, which is toxic in itself and but is more rare than it used to be, imo should be reportable. Still a better system though.

OOB system was necessary. While I believe it should only apply while in mission, the fact remains that too many times people exploited/glitched into areas they shouldn't have been during missions and events, and to most vets and other players knowledge, NONE of those players were banned for it. We still had them exploiting OOB this last halloween. So it certainly should be updated.

The rest of those not good reasons as to why there was population drop.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"drop system?" wtf is that. Damage drop? I don't mind it but i kinda agree but only because, it sucks getting killed at 65m by an ntec lel otherwise i dont mind it

When a player dies , the weapon drop on ground and can be used by oppo.
Worst ingame choose for APB.

suicide choose #1 : merge Innova with EU.
eutanasia choose #2 : merge Hoplon with NA
collective suicide #3 : threating to merge NA and EA.