Sign in to follow this  
Diargoa

Playing with latency?

Just curious if there's anyone here playing with major latency. I always wonder if there's a major impact playing with high ping caused by the latency.

2 hours ago, Diargoa said:

Just curious if there's anyone here playing with major latency. I always wonder if there's a major impact playing with high ping caused by the latency.

i do, 150+ terrible... its like lag virtual lag, a delay. ugh

Edited by EMilika

Of course, the higher the latency the worse the gameplay.

latency affects:

shoulder switch

driving skills

shoot register (more ghostshots with high latency)

huge delay when opening doors/cars

harder to use semi auto weapons

huge delay when using nades

more dificult to carry medium-heavy items (exploit)

etc

basically, anything over 160ms is unplayable.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EMilika said:

i do, 150+ terrible... its like lag virtual lag, a delay. ugh

I'm playing with 180-200. I think that's why i kinda suck

6 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Of course, the higher the latency the worse the gameplay.

latency affects:

shoulder switch

driving skills

shoot register (more ghostshots with high latency)

huge delay when opening doors/cars

harder to use semi auto weapons

huge delay when using nades

more dificult to carry medium-heavy items (exploit)

etc

basically, anything over 160ms is unplayable.

Ghostshots? what is that?
And for cars, yeah. even steering have a bit delay when i played

15 minutes ago, Diargoa said:

Ghostshots? what is that?

It's when you shoot, you look like you shoot, but to the server you're bullet never existed.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:13 AM, Diargoa said:

Pretty sure there’s a decent amount of players who play the game outside the local servers due to APB only being on NA and EU. 

Having higher ping does impact in your game performance, you cannot beat the server, the server determines who dies and who doesn’t regardless how good your aim is you may also encounter other issues including poor hit reg. As a high latency player when you peak out or come out of a corner, they will see you first on their screen while on your screen you are still behind the corner for a mili sec. 

If you know your disadvantages and how ping works you can always try pre firing around corners even if you don’t visually see the enemy’s character, this can counter that delay. 

You can still be good while playing on a latency around 120-190 but it’s not the best. 

You can try using a vpns to get a consistent slightly lower latency if you are able to get a better routing path to the server. 

Edited by Deadliest

High latnecy is bad for everyone, including the low latency players. The server delays the low latency player's hits if it thinks the high latency player shot first, but the high latency player has to shoot far in advance or the shots won't make it to the server before they die. It lets high latency players land hits on low latency players who have moved behind cover, but high latency players will always get hit behind cover due to their own movement delay.

I might be wrong, I am not an IT savvy and do not know how to support this claim but I believe there's actually one advantage of having a high latency - you are significantly harder to kill. It happens to me quite often I land 2-3 perfect shots (e.g. with a sniper), get all hit marks but due ghost shots and time difference between me as a low latency player and some high latency player I shot at, they simply do not die. Sometimes it feels like I need way more hits from any weapon to kill certain players. Discussing with them I found out they are always having a high latency which lead me to this, probably arguable conclusion. 

Edited by Bambola

Sign in to follow this