Once phasing takes effect AFTER the engine upgrade goes live

Now when an enforcer witnesses a criminal in the act, they Duke it out right there, after phasing goes live and the enforcer witnesses the criminal ram raiding, will they 2 be teleported to another map??? Sense now their in a mission which makes sense from the few post about phasing...

On 2/19/2021 at 3:48 AM, cyral said:

Once phasing takes effect AFTER the engine upgrade goes live

Now when an enforcer witnesses a criminal in the act, they Duke it out right there, after phasing goes live and the enforcer witnesses the criminal ram raiding, will they 2 be teleported to another map??? Sense now their in a mission which makes sense from the few post about phasing...

Ask again when Phasing will be a thing...

I'd say soon™ or maybe Q4 2025 🤷‍♂️

On 2/19/2021 at 6:48 AM, cyral said:

after phasing goes live and the enforcer witnesses the criminal ram raiding, will they 2 be teleported to another map???

Based on MattScott's explanation of Phasing:

unknown.png

That would be a no.

Phasing in itself is a technique to help better matchmake the community as a whole rather than fetch opponents from the same district.

Witnessing a Criminal is already specifically between the Enforcer and the Criminal. Witnessing is NOT a randomly-selected opponent and therefore doesn't fall under the umbrella of matchmaking and phasing.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

On 2/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, LilyRain said:

unknown.png

soo..our current threat/matchmaking will have anything to do with phasing?or phasing is just for gettin player to populated district..

edit: oh ok "matchmake across distances" so our current matchmake will be changed ok got it.Actually i knew that but got confused here(english not my native: d)

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

soo..our current threat/matchmaking will have anything to do with phasing?or phasing is just for gettin player to populated district..

edit: oh ok "matchmake across distances" so our current matchmake will be changed ok got it.Actually i knew that but got confused here(english not my native: d)

phasing is for better matchmaking. For example. You're in financial en1, there're no any equal skill level players to match with you in your district, but, in financial en2 there're players with the same skill level. Depends on districts population you or your opponents will be moved in your or their district without any loading

2 hours ago, Lign said:

without any loading

yea ill believe when i see that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

yea ill believe when i see that

I don't think that it's a difficult technology to implement, many open world games have it for over 10 years. For example World Of Warcraft has it since Cataclysm as I remember correctly. You can meet players from different servers in outdoor, also invite them in your group without any loading

57 minutes ago, Lign said:

I don't think that it's a difficult technology to implement, many open world games have it for over 10 years. For example World Of Warcraft has it since Cataclysm as I remember correctly. You can meet players from different servers in outdoor, also invite them in your group without any loading

Yeah, and it helped ruin it, lol. Would be great for APB though until its numbers aren't so low.

14 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Yeah, and it helped ruin it, lol. Would be great for APB though until its numbers aren't so low.

There's... literally no downside to this kind of system, while having a bunch of upsides (primarily backend stuff, but noticeable to the end-user if they're paying attention).

15 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

it would be great when the numbers are high, as apb is now phasing will have a fairly low effect, maybe even no effect when it comes to NA/off hours pop

17 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Even with the current pop it will be much better than sticking to 40v40 instances. New players don’t know at all about advanced tab, so there’s high chance they will be moved in a silver district full of high end golds. It’s terrible for both sides. Golds will not get a proper match or keep sitting on missions without opponents and new players will get stomped hardly if the system decides to match them with vets. Phasing should be a top priority after engine upgrade

Edited by Lign

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

There's... literally no downside to this kind of system, while having a bunch of upsides (primarily backend stuff, but noticeable to the end-user if they're paying attention).

I've been an advocate for it for ages for APB. I said it helped ruin WoW.