R3ACT3M

Looking for Advanced player tactics in APB

32 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You sir are exactly what I was asking for, then again I'll remember to be specific next time

6 hours ago, RatedX said:

The only proper way to actually help you get better is in fact, if you post a video with 1-2 missions with your favorite weapons so we can give you advice and point out the things you're doing wrong.

I'll consider doing this, and post it to this thread. 

5 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

expect strife, and don't you fucking touch it LO i swear to crap fuck Christ if you do

"HUZZAH A MAN OF QUALITY"

16 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Is there a certain part of a person I should aim at? 

I'd always aim for their balls (standing char) if u find urself in an open-field-gunfight.

Maybe sounds wierd but this way u don't have to adjust ur aim (up / down) if they duck or jump.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, RatedX said:

An advanced trick to get better aiming for APB specifically is using Off-meta weapons. You spend a week using an LMG , norseman series , Corsair, etc. and once you go back to playing normal you'll feel like your main weapon is overpowered thanks to the skills you developed during that week.

I really like this idea, I think it's a great, valuable concept.

23 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Find the lowest signal free Wi-Fi connection in your area. Equip and OSCAR. Can't die if no one can hit you. taps head

I also really liked this response, it hilarious

21 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I'm looking for advanced tips and tricks, something vets know and are willing to share

I am no vet, but I skimmed through the entire thread and have not found a mention of one concept that I would myself consider to be a useful advice for an advanced player.
Here it is: one of the more advanced skills in APB is an ability to pick your fights.

Doesn't sound too advanced, now, does it? And I agree, this is the kind of thing that a hypothetical player picks up in the matter of hours ever since starting the game. 
But in my belief, the skill ceiling in ability to assess the situation and utilize game sense to know when to retreat, avoid and play passively, is, in fact, very high.
Now I am going to qualify this statement in the most scuffed and contrived way possible.

The advanced technique can not be easily relayed in an algorithmic fashion so that you have a step by step instruction on what to do to be "advanced".
But here is how you know you are advanced: do you find your self often in the following situations:
- you are never close to the defend objective, but instead are roaming the adjacent city blocks
- you have descended into critical damage numerous times during one life, pulling off a full escape and recovery without killing anyone
- the enemies that you track and kill never seem to look in your direction and are always occupied with something else at the moment of their death
- no more than one enemy ever has a line of sight on you

Whenever you find yourself under these circumstances, you must know, you are exercising advanced tactics of picking your fights.

This might seem like it's not much and I know that some Gold Threat Rank 255 Captain Sweats-A-Lot is going to slander me for presenting something obvious to him as a valuable advice.
However, just for the sake of preserving open-minded-ness, I would like to insist that there is more wisdom and skill to picking your fights than to actual 1v1 stand offs against True Ogre or OCA Nano.

It begins with simple realization that if I see 3 enemy Vegas 4x4's with red names above them near a defend objective, then I probably shouldn't stop and hop out and instead I should just drive along and let the objective go.
It continues with surviving 4 deaths worth of damage in a single life.
It continues with killing your enemies from the most elaborate and unexpected angles.

Edited by isaac-the-dad
Typo and comedy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, isaac-the-dad said:

- you are never close to the defend objective, but instead are roaming the adjacent city blocks
- you have descended into critical damage numerous times during one life, pulling off a full escape and recovery without killing anyone
- the enemies that you track and kill never seem to look in your direction and are always occupied with something else at the moment of their death
- no more than one enemy ever has a line of sight on you

Point 1:
I never find my self super far from the objective to the point im not helping my team in the slightest. You'll never catch me 500m away mid game as Ill always head to the next objective.
Point 2:
I can't seem to escape any weapon. Most people I fight get a fix on me then im good as dead. Ill run behind a wall then die.
Point 3:
Ill mix up the direction im going every time I attack given that time is sufficient enough for a large flank.

Point 4:
The past week Ive been up against the same toxic groups. The ones where you ask if they're in a discord chat/you try to make friendly banter with them and they just don't respond at all. But for the past week i've been getting double teamed like crazy by NTEC's and Joker Carbines.

Whenever you find yourself under these circumstances, you must know, you are exercising advanced tactics of picking your fights.

I once thought of myself as pretty good at the game, being able to hold my own against what I assume are veterans of the game. But this past week I've just had 0 luck in just about every fight. I'm starting to think it's my monitor. It is 144z (I run it at 120hz though because it's a cheap monitor with problems: AOC) and reviews of the monitor (after I had gotten it) tell that this monitor in particular ghosts really badly. I never noticed it but apparently it's bad. So maybe it's not my aim per-say that's bad it's just my monitor making it really freakin hard to function in panic cqb scenarios. Also it's cold in my room all the time so my hands are really cold all the time so maybe my muscles can't function 100%

It continues with killing your enemies from the most elaborate and unexpected angles.

Lets turn APB into Rainbow Six Siege

Looking at good players play will not give you better aim at all. Watching recordings of yourself play however, will.

You get a lot more aim time in fightclub than missions. That's also a lot better than aim training games, which are mostly just good for getting better at aim training games.

1) Never aim on the upper part of the enemy ....if the entire hitbox is visible

...because when they crouch you easily miss a bullet or two before you've corrected your aim downward, plus keeping the aim lower helps countering misses due to vertical recoil and gives you larger vertical error margin in terms of your recoil control.

2) Never aim for the actual player character! (unless that is all you can see)

Aim for the center of the nametag horizontally  if the whole enemy is visible instead of trying to aim at the center of the player character because the player character is often not in the center of the actual hitbox .. but the center of the nametag always is.

So record yourself playing (fightclub is a good idea) and look at it carefully. Notice why you are missing, what you often seem to do wrong etc and learn from that.

You'll improve quickly.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I can't seem to escape any weapon.

I'm not gonna address the entire response for the sake of being brief, but already this - this is valuable idea.
You are identifying your problem, you seem to never be able to escape.
And the advice that I proposed states that you should strive to exit an open confrontation in a manner that will allow you to preserve your live for very long, and this will count as advanced strategy.
Saying this just to reiterate.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, R3ACT3M said:

"HUZZAH A MAN OF QUALITY"

if that quality your talking about is "being a pain in the patootie who solves all his issues through violence and threats" then thank you