Y2Venom

Players Lethal with a handgun

I come across some very good players who are lethal at close range with a handgun. So much so, they have a rate of fire greater then my main gun and take me out with ease in close combat. What is the trick with this as i cannot recreate it. Is it a certain handgun that is used. Any tips ?

20 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I come across some very good players who are lethal at close range with a handgun. So much so, they have a rate of fire greater then my main gun and take me out with ease in close combat. What is the trick with this as i cannot recreate it. Is it a certain handgun that is used. Any tips ?

.45 has a ttk of .8, FBW has a TTK of 1.0 but is the most effective f2p base gun. FR0G has the same TTK as the .45 but 10m range. Likely you're talking about any of these 3 guns, in which case the trick is learning the TTK and hitting as close as you can while firing normally. They are the only 3 pistols that tend to be used almost as primaries in cqc engagements due to reliability/ease/ttk.

As the case for .45 and FR0G (nfa has a fast ttk as well), mostly they're just good pistols. Most rifles and cqc weapons have TTK's around .7, and some SMGs have a TTK of .8. So they fall in line with CQC pistols. Though .45 is more cqc-mid and highly effective, even with the 7 mag limit.

Others like PDW and NFA tend to fall short past really close cqc, and ACT 44/RSA are only decent for mid-long range.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Colby .45 AP / Obeya FBW / Fr0g + good firerate + good aim

• Like 1

given op's forum join date i can only assume this is some passive aggressive macro bait post

• Like 3

Love when my snubbie kills a shotgun user and they just whisper /ignore a second later, Crims gonna crim.

3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Love when my snubbie kills a shotgun user and they just whisper /ignore a second later, Crims gonna crim.

Implying it's difficult to kill someone who can't attack back (because shotguns are completely worthless now).

6 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

given op's forum join date i can only assume this is some passive aggressive macro bait post

And the award for bringing pointless negativity to a normal post goes to ..........

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

.45 has a ttk of .8, FBW has a TTK of 1.2 but is the most effective f2p base gun. FR0G has the same TTK as the .45 but 10m range. Likely you're talking about any of these 3 guns, in which case the trick is learning the TTK and hitting as close as you can while firing normally. They are the only 3 pistols that tend to be used almost as primaries in cqc engagements due to reliability/ease/ttk.

As the case for .45 and FR0G (nfa has a fast ttk as well), mostly they're just good pistols. Most rifles and cqc weapons have TTK's around .7, and some SMGs have a TTK of .8. So they fall in line with CQC pistols. Though .45 is more cqc-mid and highly effective, even with the 7 mag limit.

Others like PDW and NFA tend to fall short past really close cqc, and ACT 44/RSA are only decent for mid-long range.

Thanks for that info. When it comes to handguns they are not named, so it a mystery to me. I know some casual players like me and they have no clue.

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

.45 has a ttk of .8, FBW has a TTK of 1.2 but is the most effective f2p base gun. FR0G has the same TTK as the .45 but 10m range. Likely you're talking about any of these 3 guns, in which case the trick is learning the TTK and hitting as close as you can while firing normally. They are the only 3 pistols that tend to be used almost as primaries in cqc engagements due to reliability/ease/ttk.

fbw ttk is 1.0

I know what you mean. Pretty sure it's just the servers lagging. Here's what is currently displayed for server tickrate in the /latencytest. https://pastebin.com/0v54xXBV

Every minute the server freezes for about 200ms. That's more than the time between 2 shots from an FBW or .45. If a player shoots at the start and end of the spike, it will look like they shot faster than the max rate of fire. I don't think this is something that can be fixed on the current engine.

I could be misinterpreting the results and those spikes are actually my client. If someone from LO or SPCT could clarify that would be awesome. Even so, there's enough outliners that would cause the server to skip updates here and there.

Edited by SquirrelFace

7 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

fbw ttk is 1.0

When the hell was it buffed? It used to be 1.05 (Appearently it was 1.05 before not 1.2) Same as the nano ttk. It seems it got secretly buffed without being listed as a change on the APBDB and i remember nothing on forums. Guess someone secretly got tired of having to configure macros to be at .21 rather than .20 :trollface:

Fixed previous post's ttk

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

When the hell was it buffed? It used to be 1.05 (Appearently it was 1.05 before not 1.2) Same as the nano ttk. It seems it got secretly buffed without being listed as a change on the APBDB and i remember nothing on forums. Guess someone secretly got tired of having to configure macros to be at .21 rather than .20 :trollface:

Fixed previous post's ttk

its always been 1s flat, ever since the 6stk nerf

My FBW still regularly "jams", I simply cannot have a fast, consistent shooting pattern, yet some people can have the minimal TTK even with their monitor off. Practice makes perfect, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Rivona said:

I am really bad player but i like S-AS PDW  😉

As long as you have fun and a good time playing, how good or bad you actually are, doesn't really matter. 

And yeah, it's a nice gun, although I personally prefer the NFA-9.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, Hexerin said:

Implying it's difficult to kill someone who can't attack back (because shotguns are completely worthless now).

But shotgun is fun! =D

• Like 1

fbws and colby 45 are popular due to their mobility its just a point and shoot gun. if you can get good with it you can pretty much beat most secondary weapons that require ADS.  

though probably there are players out there who played for 10 years and still do not know how semi automatic weapons work in this game and assume people use macro to achieve fast fire rate on these guns.

In order to have a decent fire rate on semi-automatic weapon you need to know the click rythem or else you will jam your gun + have decent precision aim.

New players who try to use semi automatic weapons tend to panic while trying to focus aiming on the enemy, result in slowing the fire rate (jam).  This video I found explain about the rythem on the carbine but it's the same concept as the fbw.  The fbw is like the pocket version of a carbine you can try practicing with a carbine first. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 2:07 AM, Y2Venom said:

The "trick" is that handgun allows you to strafe faster than any primary, so what these people do is strafe like mad while peppering shots at you. Assuming no "deeper magic" is involved (which often is the case actually).

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

fbws and colby 45 are popular due to their mobility its just a point and shoot gun. if you can get good with it you can pretty much beat most secondary weapons that require ADS.  

In order to have a decent fire rate on semi-automatic weapon you need to know the click rythem or else you will jam your gun + have decent precision aim.

New players who try to use semi automatic weapons tend to panic while trying to focus aiming on the enemy, result in slowing the fire rate (jam).  This video I found explain about the rythem on the carbine but it's the same concept as the fbw.  The fbw is like the pocket version of a carbine you can try practicing with a carbine first. 

This is a great video, so many new players need to see more tutorials like this.