NiteOwl2100

Dead districts, nothing to do...

I played this back during the nasty initial launch and popped back in to see how it was now and there's really no one on. VERY few people show up in the Financial or Waterfront districts, so there's nothing to do but drive around. There was actually more action during the week than this weekend so far. It's great LO has a road map for the next two years, but honestly if there's nothing to do solo and hardly any players (Jericho/NA server) then I don't see how this game's going to be around much longer. Some effort to get new players into the game is needed.

maybe it's time to go with a risky marketing strategy: throw the game back into "beta"

the only other game that has done that according to my quick and dirty google search is Amazon's Crucible shooter, that went back to closed beta after launch.

APB can become the second game to go back into beta! after 10 years...wait that might not be a good look. never mind.

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

APB can become the second game to go back into beta! after 10 years...wait that might not be a good look. never mind.

It's been in beta for 10 years

• Like 1

NA players left this game like 5 years ago(6-7)and this is not the only game i notice that.Thats why i dont like the idea to merge the servers and we in EU to play against the 50 NA players left with high pings.If they dont want to support the game-shut down the NA server and thats it.This people(at least the majority)dont feel attached to anything so they just start leaving this games when they become boring or something else.All games i play are left by the NA community...

Edited by TheMessiah

I heard NA server only active at a very specific time, so one my friend tells me. So i decide to create my characters on EU and it does have more ppl, even tho just a bit.

5 minutes ago, Diargoa said:

I heard NA server only active at a very specific time, so one my friend tells me. So i decide to create my characters on EU and it does have more ppl, even tho just a bit.

no, it's not just "a bit"

Citadel has like 10x NA pop, maybe more.

Edited by Uhtdred

19 hours ago, NiteOwl2100 said:

It's great LO has a road map for the next two years, but honestly if there's nothing to do solo and hardly any players (Jericho/NA server) then I don't see how this game's going to be around much longer. Some effort to get new players into the game is needed.

i question if you actually bothered to look at the roadmap, since it both agrees that new player experience/retention is vital and illustrates why its not happening yet

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo

On the other hand, on Citadel one spends quite some time before they can join a district given most districts are often full. Once they do, they can spot many familiar character or clan names from Jericho.

• Thanks 1