Lign

Ragebots

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Then make it like RS6, forfeits yield no xp/cash

Boy I cant wait to never finish a match because my opp keeps forfeiting. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Cheaters ddosing this game servers? lmao, can't imagine that. So it basically means they can own and hack this game whenever they want to... right?

You haven't been around long have you? Certain cheaters whom i can't name for TOS reasons, used to use glitches in chat Li's, to crash the districts while spamming bible versus, DDOS the game "giving reason of why on forums/video", and other things. Weeks on end at times as well, it was pretty bad for a while there.

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

yes inflate my ego more. I'm so good at apb everyone just quits the second they see me. I'm so good I've never seen anyone cheat at this game. /s. gtfo you ego fiends are the problem with the game.

44 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

yes inflate my ego more. I'm so good at apb everyone just quits the second they see me. I'm so good I've never seen anyone cheat at this game. /s. gtfo you ego fiends are the problem with the game.

Maybe. Hardly changes the fact that a forfeit option creates a problem and solves none. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

To be fair Cookie is pretty average, i'd probably have more of an issue with forfeits than her/him. lel However Cookie does bring up a good point. There are "several" players that i'd have no issue constantly forfeiting against just to not face them because they play like pricks, and if no-one else likes facing them, then they'd be locked out of most matches.

Of course said "scrublord" players would probably learn to not POS if they wanted to play, but it would also be a go-to in a lot of matches depending on rank/threats, and it would overall be worse for the game. At least until we get more population and the EU with phasing matchmaking which "may" help.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Maybe. Hardly changes the fact that a forfeit option creates a problem and solves none. 

a problem for you maybe 

3 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

a problem for you maybe 

it'd be a problem for anyone max rank or mid gold or higher. There's a reason why it was decided to be removed after RTW and not to be re-implemented by G1 over the years.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

it'd be a problem for anyone max rank or mid gold or higher. There's a reason why it was decided to be removed after RTW and not to be re-implemented by G1 over the years.

you mean it'll be a problem for ego fiends, try hards and cheaters. if your that afraid of this change just make it so rank and threat level is hidden.

2 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

you mean it'll be a problem for ego fiends, try hards and cheaters. if your that afraid of this change just make it so rank and threat level is hidden.

Then people'll just forfeit based on name/clanname. I'm not personally "afraid" of the change, however, I'm smart enough to realize that it's not a good idea with the current game pop of APB either.

MonkaS can you show us on the doll where the opposition touched you?

On the topic of ragebots,  yesterday I saw a max rank running around aiming at the sky like goat used to do.

Edited by SquirrelFace

Im among the few who doesn't think cheating is such a big drama in the game as many make it look like. In most cases, its just the bunch of crying noobs who can't accepts others being better. I'm seeing often people asking to report certain players, when in fact those guys aren't even that good.

But anyway, will partially agree with the OP, when there is a blatant cheater, its disappointing to see him running around for a few days (in my opinion even hours should not be a thing). I get that we have anti cheat system and sometimes works and sometimes not, but for blatants i do think LO should empower some GM's to handle it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Cheaters ddosing this game servers? lmao, can't imagine that. So it basically means they can own and hack this game whenever they want to... right?

Everyone can do this but you might get yourself in huge trouble for a 600 avg pop game not to imagine what comes the bigger the devs are. Wouldnt advice even think about doing that and no, that basically doesnt mean they can own and hack this game but if more people are fine with it and dont report such people the longer they will stick with us. BE on the other hand isnt doing a good job right now. LO has to take a look at that.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You assume that people will just forfeit left and right, which is an idea that is laughable and consistently proven wrong in pretty much every game ever that features a forfeit feature.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You assume that people will just forfeit left and right, which is an idea that is laughable and consistently proven wrong in pretty much every game ever that features a forfeit feature.

its less that people will forfeit left and right (altho i think its very likely they will), and more that specific players would be repeatedly forfeited against 

16 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Everyone can do this but you might get yourself in huge trouble for a 600 avg pop game not to imagine what comes the bigger the devs are. Wouldnt advice even think about doing that and no, that basically doesnt mean they can own and hack this game but if more people are fine with it and dont report such people the longer they will stick with us. BE on the other hand isnt doing a good job right now. LO has to take a look at that.

I'm pretty sure they did lower the capabilities of the systems to make it harder to ban/flag people for cheating. Supposedly Matt Scott had triggered the "ban" on the old system during testing, which alleged that the system's ban system was too strict when they bought the game. They switched systems then came back to BE, so i'm sure they're using the same or similar system to what they had after changing G1's settings.

Also, i'm pretty sure that they don't autoban anymore either, so it's all flag, then manual ban.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

17 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

its less that people will forfeit left and right (altho i think its very likely they will), and more that specific players would be repeatedly forfeited against

If that's happening, it's for one of two reasons:

1. They're a cheater, and thus deserve to never have opp.
  2. There's something off with the matchmaker, and it's putting that person against people who are vastly under their skill level. This is resolved by identifying the issue in the matchmaker, and then fixing it.

Neither reason is a valid reason against the re-implementation of being able to /abandonmission against opp.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 6:40 PM, Lign said:

Every game has a problem with closets. It’s just a thing we have to deal with.

Nope. It's a company problem, not a community problem. The community is in no way responsible for the extreme low amount of cheaters getting banned. If a company is not willing to handle any proper anti cheat measurements then a large chunk of the community walks away from the game and that's exactely what is (and was) happening in APB. When people walk away less money will be spent, it's not rocket science but for some reason some developers and/or publishers (uhm...) don't get that.

Merged.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:20 PM, CookiePuss said:

True that. They could at least force a mission tie so they'll get some xp/cash out of it. Sad to see glitches like this still exist but 'I need my xp' reasons prevail on this I guess.

2 hours ago, Spy said:

Nope. It's a company problem, not a community problem. The community is in no way responsible for the extreme low amount of cheaters getting banned. If a company is not willing to handle any proper anti cheat measurements then a large chunk of the community walks away from the game and that's exactely what is (and was) happening in APB. When people walk away less money will be spent, it's not rocket science but for some reason some developers and/or publishers (uhm...) don't get that.

There’re very low amount of closets in all games, companies can’t get rid of cheating completely unless OS will be restricted to work with memory like on consoles. It’s not really a big problem, either in apb, I don’t see closets for long time, but it’s probably due to low pop. But cheating is still a problem in apb. If they can’t ban a player who plays full hvh mode for weeks, imagine what would be if the game had high pop

Edited by Lign

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If that's happening, it's for one of two reasons:

1. They're a cheater, and thus deserve to never have opp.
  2. There's something off with the matchmaker, and it's putting that person against people who are vastly under their skill level. This is resolved by identifying the issue in the matchmaker, and then fixing it.

Neither reason is a valid reason against the re-implementation of being able to /abandonmission against opp.

theres definitely more reasons than that lmao

1) people think a player is cheating (and they aren't)

2) people don't like the way a player plays

3) people personally don't like a player 

5) a premade dominating people regardless of how well matchmaking puts together opposing PUGs

1-3 cant be fixed (especially in this community), and are reason enough for me not to want a forfeit option

4 (and your 2) requires the engine upgrade and phasing before it can even begin to be looked at, and i dont think we should add onto the problem before its fixed

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 3:31 PM, CookiePuss said:

There are no solutions; only better. The option to forfeit a lost match, instead of wait it out or throw oneself endlessly against opposition that is too good would be worth a potential matchmaking timeout or other penalty to some. The game is too hard on people trying to get into the game; more options for them would make things better for the system.

48 minutes ago, tucsonfeuer said:

people trying to get into the game

We still get those?

The thing i dont get is, you can cheat and grief for weeks on end without any consequence. But if you do anything against the Community Standards post, its an instant ban ??

10 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

if you do anything against the Community Standards post, its an instant ban ??

Who told you that?

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Who told you that?

He's got an inside source! The scoop is out

On 2/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, Nagletz said:

they can ddosing the server when they send fake Packets, like Speedhacker's in APB already do.

• Like 1