CookiePuss

Sure hope BE starts banning soon...

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Will be nice to be able to play again.

I think most of us would prefer BE to wait and gather data then ban everyone so we don't have Punkbuster 2.0 

• Like 8

Just now, Asparii said:

I think most of us would prefer BE to wait and gather data then ban everyone so we don't have Punkbuster 2.0 

lol... I remember that day.

Nearly pooped me pants.

• Like 1

Aside from a few questionable low rank gold rank players in Bronze district, San Paro was enjoyable yesterday. 

I was also on my gaming PC for once so that helped.

Seriously, If I become a volunteer GM...will be be able to kick these gold's from bronze???

My team mate who was gold went 16-1 and at the last stage 75% of the team quit. GG...

• Like 1

Just now, Danimal said:

Seriously, If I become a volunteer GM...will be be able to kick these gold's from bronze???

I dont think GM powers have been given yet outside of them not being able to issue bans.

It's getting pretty bad I must say, and I also wont invest in premium at least until BE starts doing it's intended job.  That said, losing if game population is such a problem, then temp bans are the best solution.

• Like 1

i want to volunteer as gm too

so i can force everyone to join my clan

:^)

They were talking about looking for a solution for this "glitch" to be Gold in the Bronze district, but the problem is not there, the majority of the players who do that is 1- To obviously have kills more easily, and 2 - Because silver quarters are all filled (or empty) depending on the time we play.

I do not count the number of times I logged in (I'm not in europe although I play on the European server) and all the servers were empty and only the bronzes still at 38 - 36 ~

7 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Aside from a few questionable low rank gold rank players in Bronze district, San Paro was enjoyable yesterday. 

I was also on my gaming PC for once so that helped.

My team mate who was gold went 16-1 and at the last stage 75% of the team quit. GG...

Nope. You could relay, but no kick powers.

But what you describe, is what I hate. Dethreaters. 

I am gonna start cataloging them.

2 minutes ago, Unreal said:

They were talking about looking for a solution for this "glitch" to be Gold in the Bronze district, but the problem is not there, the majority of the players who do that is 1- To obviously have kills more easily, and 2 - Because silver quarters are all filled (or empty) depending on the time we play.

I do not count the number of times I logged in (I'm not in europe although I play on the European server) and all the servers were empty and only the bronzes still at 38 - 36 ~

True.  The problem isn't about Golds in Bronze, it's that for such a small population, threat segregation doesn't work at all. They need to restore the original Threat, scoring, matchmaking system that was in RTW version so EVERYBODY can play based on actual long-term predictions of ability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where’s the poll? Forum etiquette dictates that new threads on beaten to death topics include an ‘agree with me or you’re a cheater and/or noob’ poll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember those times then I started playing APB - amazing matchmaking with amazing thread system.

I remember seeing some criminal with 6 silver bullets next to its name, thought wt* is that. Now I'm really missing those times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

I remember those times then I started playing APB - amazing matchmaking with amazing thread system.

I remember seeing some criminal with 6 silver bullets next to its name, thought wt* is that. Now I'm really missing those times.

We always remember past things better than they really were.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unreal said:

SO much this. This is really why most of us play at this point I believe.

A few people show why they shouldn't be GMs in this thread for sure.  @Lixil Pay attention hehe 😉

Yes the DTing is an issue but only because of matchmaking and the whole segregation system. We just need a system in place that hinders and buffs people based on who they are fighting because no amount of bronze noobs will ever be as good as a High skilled Gold. A hidden or public MMR and some stat boost for the lower skilled or a handicap for the higher skilled maybe... who knows if that would actually work and it is a big change for sure.

26 minutes ago, Unreal said:

This is unfortunately very true.

11 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Yes the DTing is an issue but only because of matchmaking and the whole segregation system. We just need a system in place that hinders and buffs people based on who they are fighting because no amount of bronze noobs will ever be as good as a High skilled Gold. A hidden or public MMR and some stat boost for the lower skilled or a handicap for the higher skilled maybe... who knows if that would actually work and it is a big change for sure.

I'm gonna agree here, I personally think it's far too easy to get to Bronze or Gold, make dethreating/threating take longer, if you look at games like CS:GO/Dota/LOL/ect you notice there are people who derank but it's in such smaller numbers because it's so difficult.
However, I feel like this will give way to people creating completely new accounts just to stomp lower threat districts, and just swap back to their main account when they want to.

The topic of how the new ranking structure should be is a very difficult one, I even admit my idea has flaws to it.

1 hour ago, Unreal said:

There's your problem though. You can't expect to get on at any time and play on a populated server if you're in a completely different timezone. Certainly not an excuse to dethreat and ruin other player's experiences.

Edited by freq
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Unreal said:

Maybe...watched few 6-7 years old montages, damn good stuff

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Will be nice to be able to play again.

Right now, I'd like to not get 30 PL seconds before disconnecting 😞

When I can't complain about that, I'll complain about all the suspicious people

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

1 hour ago, Unreal said:

try playing from afghanistan with 5mbs internet

😄

I suppose we will get weekly Matt update tommorow..hoping for the best 

If this thread was made by someone else, I sure can imagine your kitten response you would have given + gif that it makes no sense.

But anyway, it's time autoban to be on. I'm not sure what* are they waiting for. "Refining" it my a.. This game is  going straight to where G1 left it at. (EU at least)

Pretty sure they can see what is going on and now realize that APB is a lost cause when it comes to cheating and are too afraid to swing the banhammer and reduce the population once again.

That's why I don't even buy the whole "we believe broadcasting bans is a toxic practice". It's more like adding negative reputation to the game. And they really don't want this.

Edited by Sayori

Maybe I have good luck, or maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen a 100% confirmed cheater since I was unbanned in the wave of unbans. There's always going to be crazy good players who know the ins and outs of the game and do suspicious things. I've done some things by luck and I instantly think, "wow if I was on the other end of that I would think he's a cheater" but it's hard to tell who's a cheater and who's legit in this game. 

6 minutes ago, Sayori said:

If this thread was made by someone else, I sure can imagine your kitten response you would have given + gif that it makes no sense.

Sorry, here is obligatory nonsense gif.

O3sqiJt.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

Maybe I have good luck, or maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen a 100% confirmed cheater since I was unbanned in the wave of unbans. There's always going to be crazy good players who know the ins and outs of the game and do suspicious things. I've done some things by luck and I instantly think, "wow if I was on the other end of that I would think he's a cheater" but it's hard to tell who's a cheater and who's legit in this game. 

Think i have seen maybe 4 in the last week that were 100% cheating, like obvious cheating no questions. Triggerbots and recoil scripts are about as common as always but thats less a concern.

And for Cookie here is a random picture, my Picture Fu isn't as good as yours but take it as an offering.

wpid-f2hzjljh1.jpg