CookiePuss

Sure hope BE starts banning soon...

12 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Broadcasting bans is a toxic practice.  Permanent bans devastates a high cheat playerbase.  Thus the only workable solution is temporary bans which kick immediately on detection but only for short, yet increasing duration... first kick 15 min, second kick 30, third kick 1 hr, 4th kick 1 day.  This way the game remains intact and playable for those who are in-game as the suspicious, perfect aim characters get kicked.  the kicked players haven't lost their accounts and can come back to play... and the incorrigibles will simply find themselves kicked constantly until they learn how to behave.

While not a perfect solution, it may be the ONLY solution for a game like this whose population largely consists of the unbanned...

that also helps hack devs tune what is detected easier.

Have they given us any kind of timeline that I missed??  And if not, is it because they're under an NDA?

7 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

Have they given us any kind of timeline that I missed??  And if not, is it because they're under an NDA?

No timelines, and no mention of NDA.

I think its just one of those things where they wont know til they know.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No timelines, and no mention of NDA.

I think its just one of those things where they wont know til they know.

Damn. 😕

Actually BattleEye's work is easily noticeable on Citadel: before BattleEye whole action district chat consisted mostly of severe Russian cursing during first half of the day. Now it's mostly calm. Also notoriety-5 players are being killed in seconds rather than terrorizing action districts for 5+ minutes.

8 minutes ago, Letter said:

Actually BattleEye's work is easily noticeable on Citadel: before BattleEye whole action district chat consisted mostly of severe Russian cursing during first half of the day. Now it's mostly calm. Also notoriety-5 players are being killed in seconds rather than terrorizing action districts for 5+ minutes.

Citadel always bashng on the Russians and Jericho on the BR's.

Meanwhile Jericho and Citadel chat is dominated by english speakers again now that they unabanned all the cheaters.

Skel1uA.gif

2 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

@CookiePuss what server do you play on and what's your character name?

Jericho and Citadel

And I think I have a total of 7 characters between the two now.

I had a Nekrova toon too but recently deleted it.

Edited by CookiePuss

4 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

I have already seen a "bad GM" about two weeks ago. This person kept spawning the "butcher" grenadelauncher event in Waterfront.

Sure, the people in the district DID ask for this event to be spawned (after everyone saw a brand new GM and started speculating their powers), but I was simply playing missions like normal and eventually had to leave since: 1) the server was a ghost town, except for where "the butcher" was. 2) getting a new mission to play in was almost impossible and 3) when you drove along the event, your pc would almost certainly freeze...

Due players asking for the events I did approve that event to be spawned.

l do want to check that 3) part and see if our QA can replicate this. Can you DM to explain me exactly what happened so I can forward this to our QA?

@CookiePuss I do apologize for getting off topic. Will make sure it doesn't go there again.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lixil said:

l do want to check that 3) part and see if our QA can replicate this. Can you DM to explain me exactly what happened so I can forward this to our QA?

@CookiePuss I do apologize for getting off topic. Will make sure it doesn't go there again.

No worries homie.

Im sure I speak for everyone when I say its always nice to see you in a thread.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Moar events are always welcome btw.

Where was i when this butcher event spawned....

If i recall it was removed due to FPS issues for the rest of the district and the "no one is playing missions" thing cause butcher's so fun.

from what ive heard from the EDGY MANZ WHO HAVE BEEN UNBANNED that theres only like one cheat that 'works' with battleeye and its shit so atm everyone who got unbanned either A: doesnt want to cheat anymore or B: too scared cuz battleeye.

what happens usually when a new anti cheat comes into play, or a new update for it comes out (or a new update to the game in general) cheats become 'outdated' or 'risky' until checked, or updated themselves. Im sure any cheat that was out has been deemed 'unusable' or 'untested and risky' until testing or updating is done cuz battleeye.

Of course this is just speculation and from what ive heard/read/seen. In general this is how it works, but I dont know about apb when it comes to this. Just what i hear from the grapevine.

I kind of believe it tho, there are a lot of 'big owners' who are not owning so much now that they got their acc back and BE is in 'effect'. Really makes you wonder :^)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fur said:

but I dont know about apb when it comes to this.

From what I've seen this seems about right.
I've noticed there's still a few newer looking accounts/characters being played that use something simple like walls or just basic aimbot but I haven't seen any closets recently, mostly everyone is either blatant (For what few of them I see) or they just aren't hacking. 

ive seen one person i'd legitimately bet was cheating

that aside, BE could start banning whenever it wants and we'd be none the wiser

Been playing FC regularly and have not seen any of the obvious botters/cheaters talked about in this thread, playing on Jericho ofc, playing both Baylan and Asylum.

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

ive seen one person i'd legitimately bet was cheating

that aside, BE could start banning whenever it wants and we'd be none the wiser

Not so sure I was losing a match and I just won. 

The entire enemy team "disconnected" Or they all got banned at once

This was with fair fight BTW. But people just disappearing from missions are not as normal as a rage quit.

Only way we will know is if LO states that they are and someone complains about getting banned while making X number of rage posts before getting forum banned as well.

9 hours ago, Hey! said:

Broadcasting bans is a toxic practice.  Permanent bans devastates a high cheat playerbase.  Thus the only workable solution is temporary bans which kick immediately on detection but only for short, yet increasing duration... first kick 15 min, second kick 30, third kick 1 hr, 4th kick 1 day.  This way the game remains intact and playable for those who are in-game as the suspicious, perfect aim characters get kicked.  the kicked players haven't lost their accounts and can come back to play... and the incorrigibles will simply find themselves kicked constantly until they learn how to behave.

While not a perfect solution, it may be the ONLY solution for a game like this whose population largely consists of the unbanned...

Speaking like a true cheater who defends their own agenda.

It's pretty obvious from the past that even perma bans couldn't teach most people to stop cheating. So why on earth LO should handle temp bans? Make them reroll and start all over again, make it as unpleasant as possible.

Broadcasting bans is great. It's helps the legitimate playerbase to socially outcast the cheaters.

Edited by Sayori

8 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Broadcasting bans is great. It's helps the legitimate playerbase to socially outcast the cheaters.

As that does help deter cheaters, it's simply too toxic of a practice.
You should never have any reason to be flaming another player for any reason, it just makes the environment of APB more toxic. 

I have to agree with LO on this one and say keep the bans hidden.

5 minutes ago, Asparii said:

As that does help deter cheaters, it's simply too toxic of a practice.
You should never have any reason to be flaming another player for any reason, it just makes the environment of APB more toxic. 

I have to agree with LO on this one and say keep the bans hidden.

APB is as toxic as it's  always been. Nothing has changed.

I don't want post screenshots and logs from whispers.

4 minutes ago, Sayori said:

APB is as toxic as it's  always been. Nothing has changed.

I don't want post screenshots and logs from whispers.

I don't think anyone would want you to.

Just because APB has been toxic in the past doesn't mean it should continue to be.

15 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

I have already seen a "bad GM" about two weeks ago. This person kept spawning the "butcher" grenadelauncher event in Waterfront.

Sure, the people in the district DID ask for this event to be spawned (after everyone saw a brand new GM and started speculating their powers), but I was simply playing missions like normal and eventually had to leave since: 1) the server was a ghost town, except for where "the butcher" was. 2) getting a new mission to play in was almost impossible and 3) when you drove along the event, your pc would almost certainly freeze...

So let me get this straight. You can play missions 24/7, 6,5 days a week, about 300 days a year. But when something different happens in the district, you start complaining?
My brain can't even right now, the event was fun and your potato probably froze because there was ALOT of action, even my mid range was struggling to keep 60 fps. But in the end the event was very fun. 

Rip Baseq3

Edited by Luminesca

16 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

We do try and estimate whether the current population are interested in playing an event, before we spin one up.

We realize that it is also significant that we don't overload mission districts with events because:

1. They are mission districts, the main objective is not to play minigames - though it can be fun.

2. The minigames would become stale, and nobody would play them.

See it as an occasional diversion from day-to-day missions, that you can choose to participate in.

The spontaneous ones will be quite rare, but in the future I believe most of them will be coordinated and announced on the forums ahead of time. It is not our intent to annoy people and so far the reception has been largely positive. The main complaint that we get is that people wish for larger prizes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Asparii said:

Then why do we display Threat and Rank? 😉

• Thanks 1