CookiePuss

Sure hope BE starts banning soon...

38 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

try playing from afghanistan with 5mbs internet

😄

3.5 download and 0.15 upload was my old internet... It was cheap but man 1 thing in the house would cause it to lag.

2 hours ago, SelttikS said:

SO much this. This is really why most of us play at this point I believe.

A few people show why they shouldn't be GMs in this thread for sure.  @Lixil Pay attention hehe 😉

Yes the DTing is an issue but only because of matchmaking and the whole segregation system. We just need a system in place that hinders and buffs people based on who they are fighting because no amount of bronze noobs will ever be as good as a High skilled Gold. A hidden or public MMR and some stat boost for the lower skilled or a handicap for the higher skilled maybe... who knows if that would actually work and it is a big change for sure.

I pay very much attention to what anyone is saying.

Don't think that just because of a few people that think that abusing is power an okay thing that everyone is like that 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Lixil said:

Don't think that just because of a few people that think that abusing is power an okay thing that everyone is like that 🙂

Quick! Look busy!

Lixil is here!

Just now, Lixil said:

Oh i know you pay attention. 🙂

I do believe that the APB community has a higher percentage of such people than most places. That or I am somewhat naive about the rest of humanity... yeah could be that too.

lol @ u guys

BE starting to actually function won't resolve the issue at hand instantly ! Traditionally, a wave of ragererolls will follow being buttmad about the bans and once they're dealth with THEN you will be able to play. More or less. Autism must be vented out eventually, dont you know.

It's a secret guy, just wait. They are like ninjas, all sneaky dicky like...LOL...ROFL...I'm sorry I can't. XD

To start, Battleye is fully automated. This means that, unless the banwave is for an in-game exploit or something not involved with game files, it will always be unnanounced. The devs won't know until the banwave starts. So, how does Battleye works? Battleye essentially works off the idea that humans are lazy, and we like for other people to do our work. It looks for trends and patterns. As it sees a set of modified files become more prevalent in player's clients particularly over a short amount of time, those files get put on a watchlist. As the file sits in the watchlist Battleye monitors the growth in people using said modified files. If it noticed a trend in better stats/anomalies for most people with the files, it prepares to execute a banwave. Essentially, it looks for people who use mass distributed game modifiers. This is because hacking a game is hard, and requires dedication, something that most people who cheat don't have, as they like instant gratification. So, if someone were to code their own modification to a game, and keep it all to themselves, it would be very unlikely they would found quickly.

For those of you wondering how I know all this, it comes from the r/Rainbow6 subreddit, where a programmer associated with Battleye explained how it works. The thread is about 2 months old, but I will try to find the link and post it here.

This is a quote from a guy on the Planetside reddit. I can confirm Battleye works like this since I have played R6 while suddenly in just a few days Battleye banned hundreds of people.
First it must gather data, and then it will start banning. Of course it will be a ban wave at first, but then everyone who tries to cheat after that is going to be instabanned.

5 minutes ago, Musul Man said:

This is a quote from a guy on the Planetside reddit. I can confirm Battleye works like this since I have played R6 while suddenly in just a few days Battleye banned hundreds of people.
First it must gather data, and then it will start banning. Of course it will be a ban wave at first, but then everyone who tries to cheat after that is going to be instabanned.

Great, some patience and we are set

I think i can wait till BE works again, my old account get unbanned so i can go see my long lost theme, songs and designs, and the packetloss stop spiking to 10...
Sahnok is being released to live servers end june tho...so i can wait for a long time (PUBG)

3 hours ago, freq said:

There's your problem though. You can't expect to get on at any time and play on a populated server if you're in a completely different timezone. 

I can play on any server that I want where I want, we have the best connection in the world and I do not intend to ignore it. Avoid saying shit.

3 hours ago, freq said:

Certainly not an excuse to dethreat and ruin other player's experiences.

I've never said that I agree with this kind of thing, you're very big mouth to say nothing is sad.

When it's 7 AM here it's 10 PM in EUW so t's a good time to play very early in the morning in our country. (for play in euw of course)

We say about people like you : "빈 수레가 요란하다. / bin sulega yolanhada." it means : An empty cart, always makes more noise. Exactly like you.

Edited by Unreal

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

Lixi Senpai Noticed us :3

Edited by Zealocke

52 minutes ago, Musul Man said:

Very interesting, you taught me something.

@Obvious Lesbian Feels bad for you, good luck ! XD

Edited by Unreal

2 hours ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

Maybe I have good luck, or maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen a 100% confirmed cheater since I was unbanned in the wave of unbans. There's always going to be crazy good players who know the ins and outs of the game and do suspicious things. I've done some things by luck and I instantly think, "wow if I was on the other end of that I would think he's a cheater" but it's hard to tell who's a cheater and who's legit in this game. 

We all did/do things that look "cheaty", once... twice. But when you do it most of the time then it starts to be wrong.

Some cheater know this and just toggle when necessary. And people who spent a lot of time playing, they see the same people performing the same bullshoot again and again and again over time.

42 minutes ago, Unreal said:

I can play on any server that I want where I want, we have the best connection in the world and I do not intend to ignore it. Avoid saying shit.

I've never said that I agree with this kind of thing, you're very big mouth to say nothing is sad.

When it's 7 AM here it's 10 PM in EUW so t's a good time to play very early in the morning in our country. (for play in euw of course)

We say about people like you : "빈 수레가 요란하다. / bin sulega yolanhada." it means : An empty cart, always makes more noise. Exactly like you.

Not exactly sure why you got offended and even personal in the first place. I didn't say you shouldn't play.

I'm just saying that saying that:

2 - Because silver quarters are all filled (or empty) depending on the time we play.

Is not really a feasible complaint if you're located in a completely different timezone and rely on playing outside of peak times. 

Edited by freq

8 minutes ago, freq said:

Not exactly sure why you got offended and even personal in the first place. I didn't say you shouldn't play.

I'm just saying that saying that:

Is not really a feasible complaint if you're located in a completely different timezone and rely on playing outside of peak times. 

I play on peak times, everyday lol. 6 AM~ is 8 PM for Europa so it's a good time to start the game, the time don't matter i know how it works thanks ^-^.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont think GM powers have been given yet outside of them not being able to issue bans.

5 hours ago, SelttikS said:

A few people show why they shouldn't be GMs in this thread for sure.  @Lixil Pay attention hehe 😉

I have already seen a "bad GM" about two weeks ago. This person kept spawning the "butcher" grenadelauncher event in Waterfront.

Sure, the people in the district DID ask for this event to be spawned (after everyone saw a brand new GM and started speculating their powers), but I was simply playing missions like normal and eventually had to leave since: 1) the server was a ghost town, except for where "the butcher" was. 2) getting a new mission to play in was almost impossible and 3) when you drove along the event, your pc would almost certainly freeze...

Just now, koenyboy500 said:

I have already seen a "bad GM" about two weeks ago. This person kept spawning the "butcher" grenadelauncher event in Waterfront.

Sure, the people in the district DID ask for this event to be spawned (after everyone saw a brand new GM and started speculating their powers), but I was simply playing missions like normal and eventually had to leave since: 1) the server was a ghost town, except for where "the butcher" was. 2) getting a new mission to play in was almost impossible and 3) when you drove along the event, your pc would almost certainly freeze...

I missed the first butcher event in forever? Sad now 😞

Just now, SelttikS said:

I missed the first butcher event in forever? Sad now 😞

Ssshhh, don't tell anyone. But it was actually REALLY fun ^^

I am certain some events can be created by "the glorious higherpowers", but until then, I guess we just have to stay put.

Maybe some "events" from that armas-like page too? (DANG I should have played more christmas events... A PERMANENT RAPTOR??? OP OP ^^

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

I think if you ever do have issues with a GM, you can report them to @Lixil.

If they are indeed breaking the rules, as we have seen, they will be dealt with accordingly.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I think if you ever do have issues with a GM, you can report them to @Lixil.

If they are indeed breaking the rules, as we have seen, they will be dealt with accordingly.

I forgot the name of who it was, I'm not even sure they broke the rules either (what rules?), lots of people were asking for the event and so it was given. Hard to say if that is breaking the rules. I was quite sceptical of what he was doing though.

12 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

I forgot the name of who it was, I'm not even sure they broke the rules either (what rules?), lots of people were asking for the event and so it was given. Hard to say if that is breaking the rules. I was quite sceptical of what he was doing though.

Yeah I have no idea either tbh.

What if the reason Matt told everyone that BattleEye hasn't banned anyone is because he's just waiting for judgement day where he flips the switch on the bans without notifying the community, and all the cheaters are gone.

8a8.gif

Edited by Senpai

5 hours ago, Sayori said:

If this thread was made by someone else, I sure can imagine your kitten response you would have given + gif that it makes no sense.

But anyway, it's time autoban to be on. I'm not sure what* are they waiting for. "Refining" it my a.. This game is  going straight to where G1 left it at. (EU at least)

Pretty sure they can see what is going on and now realize that APB is a lost cause when it comes to cheating and are too afraid to swing the banhammer and reduce the population once again.

That's why I don't even buy the whole "we believe broadcasting bans is a toxic practice". It's more like adding negative reputation to the game. And they really don't want this.

Broadcasting bans is a toxic practice.  Permanent bans devastates a high cheat playerbase.  Thus the only workable solution is temporary bans which kick immediately on detection but only for short, yet increasing duration... first kick 15 min, second kick 30, third kick 1 hr, 4th kick 1 day.  This way the game remains intact and playable for those who are in-game as the suspicious, perfect aim characters get kicked.  the kicked players haven't lost their accounts and can come back to play... and the incorrigibles will simply find themselves kicked constantly until they learn how to behave.

While not a perfect solution, it may be the ONLY solution for a game like this whose population largely consists of the unbanned...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Broadcasting bans is a toxic practice.  Permanent bans devastates a high cheat playerbase.  Thus the only workable solution is temporary bans which kick immediately on detection but only for short, yet increasing duration... first kick 15 min, second kick 30, third kick 1 hr, 4th kick 1 day.  This way the game remains intact and playable for those who are in-game as the suspicious, perfect aim characters get kicked.  the kicked players haven't lost their accounts and can come back to play... and the incorrigibles will simply find themselves kicked constantly until they learn how to behave.

While not a perfect solution, it may be the ONLY solution for a game like this whose population largely consists of the unbanned...

Holy shit I have to say that's not a bad idea! I wonder if it's possible with Battle Eye if it is that would be awesome if it could be a thing.

Edited by Senpai