isaac-the-dad

Do people use macros to carry bags fast?

I have, as many of you have, seen several topics over the last week about cheaters, discussion about configs, launchers and macros and other-- stuff.
I didn't really participate in any of the discussion because I feel like it's pointless since the development resources are already occupied with more pressing matters.

But this macro discussion got me thinking - do people use macros to carry medium items fast? 

I am talking about instances when a guy jumps and drops bag and picks it up in mid air.
Is this way of carrying bags even faster than just walking?
Is a person moving at sprint speed or regular run speed at this moment?

The benefit to this is carrying the medium item at sprint speed as you always pick it up shortly after you jump so you keep your sprint speed momentum and its essentially the same as being able to sprint with medium items in terms of speed.

And no, people would have to be really bad to have to macro this as its one of the easier muscle memory based tricks you can do in the game as you essentially just alternate between F to pick up the item and X to drop it at the right time, even with macros you would have to time it properly so there is little to gain from it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frosi said:

as its one of the easier muscle memory based tricks you can do in the game as you essentially just alternate between F to pick up the item and X to drop it at the right time, even with macros you would have to time it properly so there is little to gain from it.

Ohhhh thank you for the insight. And for telling me that it's sprint, not run speed. Thank you.
This topic can be closed.

3 hours ago, Frosi said:

The benefit to this is carrying the medium item at sprint speed as you always pick it up shortly after you jump so you keep your sprint speed momentum and its essentially the same as being able to sprint with medium items in terms of speed.

And no, people would have to be really bad to have to macro this as its one of the easier muscle memory based tricks you can do in the game as you essentially just alternate between F to pick up the item and X to drop it at the right time, even with macros you would have to time it properly so there is little to gain from it.

????

you drop the item with left mouse button, you don't need to press X.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

????

what.... I've been playing since beta and never knew this.

• Like 2

I think you have to be really sophisticated to make a macro for something like this. It's just a bug abused by experienced players. Also requires good ping.

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

????

Its literally the same thing? Except for the fact that you don't run into the situation where you accidentally shoot which is something a lot of people do when they use LMB rather than X.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

I think you have to be really sophisticated to make a macro for something like this. It's just a bug abused by experienced players. Also requires good ping.

run----jump----F----left click---- -loop-

set delays accordingly, done.

macroing something like this would be just as redundant as a carbine macro. really not hard to do this legit, takes a minute or two to learn how to hit F quickly after running and jumping.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Frosi said:

Except for the fact that people actually do macro it. Just like they macro carbine, macro oscar, macro in general, macro'd qs for hvr, and macro'd snub kills, and macro'd recoil reduction.

Can we at least be honest about how bad people actually are to not only just do this nonsense but have to macro it as well? Medium items shouldn't ever be moving faster than 3m/s a second unless in a vehicle or fragile. LO should have fixed it ages ago. Hell, i'd be happy if they made epiphrene effect medium item movement speed even if they removed it!

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

It's not hard, however I agree, it's a bug that's been abused... for far too long.

1 hour ago, claude said:

run----jump----F----left click---- -loop-

set delays accordingly, done.

macroing something like this would be just as redundant as a carbine macro. really not hard to do this legit, takes a minute or two to learn how to hit F quickly after running and jumping.

Not even run set autosprint in config files. just *jump*..F.....leftclick/x.... loop.

Except that in reality its easy to screw up especially if getting shot at and jumping over things. There's a lot of players who macro it to never miss a beat if they are on a flat surface. You can easily tell who, because they never fail to move it once even after jumping with it 15x+ per match and being shot. Reality dictates you'll mess up a few times over serveral matches on timing especially if getting shot/surprised or being pushed by an enemy. But there's a handful who clearly never do.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

11 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You can easily tell who, because they never fail to move it once even after jumping with it 15x+ per match and being shot.

i mean, it's basic tech, really isnt hard to do, a lot of room for errors. i think it would be really silly to label someone as a cheater just because they're able to do something repeatedly without error, when the thing they're doing isn't difficult to do at all... like spamming a carbine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Except for the fact that people actually do macro it. Just like they macro carbine, macro oscar, macro in general, macro'd qs for hvr, and macro'd snub kills, and macro'd recoil reduction.

Can we at least be honest about how bad people actually are to not only just do this nonsense but have to macro it as well? Medium items shouldn't ever be moving faster than 3m/s a second unless in a vehicle or fragile. LO should have fixed it ages ago. Hell, i'd be happy if they made epiphrene effect medium item movement speed even if they removed it!

It's not hard, however I agree, it's a bug that's been abused... for far too long.

Not even run set autosprint in config files. just *jump*..F.....leftclick/x.... loop.

Except that in reality its easy to screw up especially if getting shot at and jumping over things. There's a lot of players who macro it to never miss a beat if they are on a flat surface. You can easily tell who, because they never fail to move it once even after jumping with it 15x+ per match and being shot. Reality dictates you'll mess up a few times over serveral matches on timing especially if getting shot/surprised or being pushed by an enemy. But there's a handful who clearly never do.

its not a bug anymore

getting shot has nothing to do with pressing buttons, its not like every person who can maintain a steady rof during a firefight is macroing, why would it be any different for item jumping?

This thread has been locked as per OP's request.

~@mayii

18 minutes ago, Amayii said:

This thread has been locked as per OP's request.

~@mayii

It is still open, my dear~

AtHeart.png

• Thanks 1