YEEEZZ

At what stage was G1´s engine update ?!

I have no idea, if this was ever asked or answered. i didnt find a thing in the search function about it.

(If there was ever a progress..) at what stage was G1 (promised) work on the engine update ?

This mythical topic is in this game for at least 5 years, as we can see now, how much of time it Matt and the team takes to improve:

Did G1 even do a thing about it ? Have they ever been working on an engine update ? Were all the "early render progress screenshots" and told progress only lies to keep mikling the last players ?

Who even is (behind) G1? They were somehow related with K2Networks (Warrock and other Freemium games). Who are they ?

Can anyone (MATT/TEAM) answere that questions (valid and confirmed, not guessing) ?

Thanks in Advance,

a player since RTW times.

Edited by YEEEZZ
  • Like 1

I Remember that matt said they found it literally in un-useable state

as we call it 'junk code'

In April it will be exactly 8 years since work started on the engine upgrade apparently i think.

if you want to see where g1 got with the engine upgrade, go take a look at apb on consoles 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

If you're a RTW player, why did u join apb in 2012??

Never judge a player by their forum date since once in awhile might surprise you with a beta title ingame.

Edited by El-Neko
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Imagine thinking forum join date has any meaning or relevance to a player's actual join date, especially considering most of the OG veterans have had at least one forum account (in some cases, dozens) unjustly banned by Tiggs at some point.

9 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

if you want to see where g1 got with the engine upgrade, go take a look at apb on consoles 

that's pretty much it, thanks vsb

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Imagine thinking forum join date has any meaning or relevance to a player's actual join date, especially considering most of the OG veterans have had at least one forum account (in some cases, dozens) unjustly banned by Tiggs at some point.

imagine getting banned on a forum...

8 hours ago, El-Neko said:

Never judge a player by their forum date since once in awhile might surprise you with a beta title ingame.

I saw CBT veterans that are actually NEW on this game. For example:

Hoplon (former brazil server)  and Russia server had their own CBT title, which means that people that migrated CBT veteran accounts from those servers to LO APB can use CBT title even when they made their account past 2011.

19 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

i joined the forum in 2012.

i still have original apb hardcase at home.

Is there any way to tag or message the team? I would really love to get an answere

22 hours ago, YEEEZZ said:

I have no idea, if this was ever asked or answered. i didnt find a thing in the search function about it.

(If there was ever a progress..) at what stage was G1 (promised) work on the engine update ?

This mythical topic is in this game for at least 5 years, as we can see now, how much of time it Matt and the team takes to improve:

Did G1 even do a thing about it ? Have they ever been working on an engine update ? Were all the "early render progress screenshots" and told progress only lies to keep mikling the last players ?

Who even is (behind) G1? They were somehow related with K2Networks (Warrock and other Freemium games). Who are they ?

Can anyone (MATT/TEAM) answere that questions (valid and confirmed, not guessing) ?

Thanks in Advance,

a player since RTW times.

I distinctly remember a blog post by G1 prior to the LO acquisition that detailed the issues they (G1) were running into with the Engine upgrade.  There were pictures of faces melting off of npcs, elongated limbs, etc because of some issue they had copying existing models over to the new engine.  I cannot find it, because all blog posts prior to the acquisition have been deleted.  They were working on it and showed progress sometimes but that was the first time they literally showed images of the issues they were facing.

Might in condition zero-stage.