Sakebee

Config PSA

40 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Fog/smoke removal was bannable,

When people say fog removal they generally dont mean the Halloween fog, they mean removing the haze that hangs over the city. ( looks better and offers performance benefits)

When is this list coming out? Before or after 2.1 when they become useless

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

When is this list coming out? Before or after 2.1 when they become useless

Soon™...

like everything regarding APB.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 6:45 PM, CookiePuss said:

When people say fog removal they generally dont mean the Halloween fog, they mean removing the haze that hangs over the city. ( looks better and offers performance benefits)

Isn't that the same setting though? I could be wrong.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, SquirrelFace said:

Clouds have dynamic shadows that can't be disabled in game or with the config files. Part of the fog shader calculations aren't needed for the horseman event.

oh. didnt know that.

Personally i feel the ban was unwarrented, but im now a fan of the halloween headless horseman event too much either. Not being able to see really sucks .-.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Hey guys! Just a quick update on the config list we promised. We haven't forgotten them! It is just a more involved process than you might think on our end. Because configs when applied incorrectly can interfere with normal game function, we want to be certain that the files we choose and the instructions we provide have been thoroughly tested and are as helpful as possible. Right now we have an initial small batch of configs that we are prepping for our team to review. Once those have been vetted, we will be building out a section on our website where you can get clear instructions and download the approved files.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 4

Lovely, thanks. So we could finally put an end to discussion of whether configs are cheating or not. 

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

Lovely, thanks. So we could finally put an end to discussion of whether configs are cheating or not. 

i admire your optimism 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xiphos said:

i admire your optimism 

I know, I know! 😊

But once G1 officially stated using the Advanced Launcher is perfectly safe and fine, the majority of people who were against the use of the launcher finally stopped with their faux claims regarding it, I sincerely hope that will be the case with the custom configs, too. I am well aware of the fact, no matter what, there will always be those people looking for various excuses to somehow justify their own in-game incompetence. 

Despite having a very powerful desktop computer, I find playing on my relatively old laptop more comfortable and I have been using the Advanced Launcher and some configs since ever for extra convenience, hence I am eagerly looking forward to having some of those configs officially approved.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, ticcitobygaming1 said:

i play at 7-15 fps

Just HOW??? 

My nearly 7yo PC can run APB with 60 fps...

Can we please stop carrying 10yo Computers??? 

Lets be honest... a PC for ~250€ can run APB with 60+ fps

(and u don't even got to buy a new one cuz "gamers" will be happy if they get SOMETHING for their old GTX 870/1070 PC... also 6yo CPU working well with APB)

At this point i got no love left for ppl with Toaster PC while HighEnd PC can't run old Engine...

ppl who won't spend money on a proper PC also won't spend anything on APB... [Edit: Some ppl do] 

Edited by HighSociety

32 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

ppl who won't spend money on a proper PC also won't spend anything on APB...

just from personal experience i'm going to say that's a bit off, i played apb at 15fps on a cheap dell laptop for years and still spent money on armas

and then there's the fact that a lot of apb's pop seems to be made up of teens and young adults who might have a couple extra bucks every now and then but can't or won't justify a single large purchase like a new pc, especially if its just for apb

i think i'd almost argue its the other way around - people who can afford top of the line computers are less likely to spend money on apb because they aren't limited to an old f2p game, they can (and do) play literally anything else

2 hours ago, xiphos said:

just from personal experience i'm going to say that's a bit off, i played apb at 15fps on a cheap dell laptop for years and still spent money on armas

and then there's the fact that a lot of apb's pop seems to be made up of teens and young adults who might have a couple extra bucks every now and then but can't or won't justify a single large purchase like a new pc, especially if its just for apb

i think i'd almost argue its the other way around - people who can afford top of the line computers are less likely to spend money on apb because they aren't limited to an old f2p game, they can (and do) play literally anything else

Why would u spend money if u can't play the Game... ?

I do just cuz i want to and i can play with laptop and pc (pc not proper cuz RTX) 

anyway around high end can't play proper at the moment and also toasters can't.

Edited by HighSociety

On 3/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, HighSociety said:

Just HOW??? 

My nearly 7yo PC can run APB with 60 fps...

Can we please stop carrying ppl with 10yo Computers??? 

Lets be honest... a PC for ~250€ can run APB with 60+ fps

(and u don't even got to buy a new one cuz "gamers" will be happy if they get SOMETHING for their old GTX 870/1070 PC... also 6yo CPU working well with APB)

At this point i got no love left for ppl with Toaster PC while HighEnd PC can't run old Engine...

ppl who won't spend money on a proper PC also won't spend anything on APB...

my mom makes enough money that were right above the poverty line so we cant get me a new pc to upgrade me from my old laptop im on rn from 2016, i used to be able to run apb on high at 30 fps but its performance just went downhill to how it is now over the years. and some of us players with really bad fps dont need to be carried like me, i can hold my own just fine. as for the armas comment, ive put $55 into the marketplace, on cosmetics, 20k jt, and an aces long barrel along with a few other things.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, xiphos said:

^ i started playing apb back in 2012 when i was 9 

1 hour ago, ticcitobygaming1 said:

and some of us players with really bad fps dont need to be carried like me, i can hold my own just fine.

Not carried ingame i meant game optimisation wise. 

1 hour ago, ticcitobygaming1 said:

my old laptop im on rn from 2016

Maybe try a clean install of windows 

that could help to improve performance.

Also edited old post.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:43 PM, HighSociety said:

anyway around high end can't play proper at the moment and also toasters can't.

My craptop begs to differ. Not just a few of people I know in the game play on their high-end computers, constantly crashing and complaining about their computer performance, whilst I have none of those issues, ever. 

11 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Not carried ingame i meant game optimisation wise. 

Maybe try a clean install of windows 

that could help to improve performance.

Also edited old post.

i have a clean install

On 3/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, ticcitobygaming1 said:

i play at 7-15 fps

I play on -30fps. That's right I play APB backwards

On 3/21/2021 at 11:46 AM, ticcitobygaming1 said:

teach me your ways

Playable on a bronze district 🙂