T0rnHaZe

OPEN YOUR EYES LITTLE ORBIT

If you decide to even glance at the game. You would see that half of the players on the NA server are not even able to play because of these DUMB threat districts. Silvers and below are sitting in the bronze district so golds are not able to play missions any more.

PS: It would be wise to do....SOMETHING

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, T0rnHaZe said:

If you decide to even glance at the game. You would see that half of the players on the NA server are not even able to play because of these DUMB threat districts. Silvers and below are sitting in the bronze district so golds are not able to play missions any more.

PS: It would be wise to do....SOMETHING

Keep segregation and pop drops.

Remove it so golds can stomp everyone and pop drops. It's a lose lose situation.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Keep segregation and pop drops.

Remove it so golds can stomp everyone and pop drops. It's a lose lose situation.

If it is removed, at least anyone is able to play the game if they wish

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, T0rnHaZe said:

True. 

as much as i understand something being better than nothing, the idea of facing a bunch of bronze and silver players over and over is really not any more appealing to me than endless unopposed missions

my personal opinion aside, allowing dethreaters to go ham 24/7 with no need to manage their threat level on top of allowing legitimate golds to roll through every instance is definitely going to kill the population even faster than its currently draining - i guess the question is whether orbit thinks gold players getting opp is worth accelerating apbs decline 

5 hours ago, T0rnHaZe said:

and then you'll get back the threads of people playing against other people that are way out of their league.

you might accelerate the game's death if you allow way more experienced players to mow down teams in a district until they're empty.

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

and then you'll get back the threads of people playing against other people that are way out of their league.

Despite that being an awful reason to quit. Thats going to happen regardless with the removal of the threat system anyway. 

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Keep segregation and pop drops. Remove it so golds can stomp everyone and pop drops. It's a lose lose situation.

Assuming they just simply lift the segregation and leave it at that, sure. However, if they also re-tighten the matchmaking (which was severely loosened alongside the implementation of segregation so that matches would proc instantly since everyone was in the same threat tier), then you wouldn't see the "golds vs bronzes" matches you currently see even with both camps being in the same district. Of course, this comes with the side effect of matchmaking taking a bit longer, but I would call that a worthwhile trade-off.

6 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Despite that being an awful reason to quit. 

why?

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

why?

probably something about getting stomped making you a better player, even though that's pretty subjective at best

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

which was severely loosened alongside the implementation of segregation

Source?

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

this comes with the side effect of matchmaking taking a bit longer

Played solo last night and waited 20-30 minutes for opp. 

Just how much longer do you want me to wait?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

why?

Because there is almost always going to be someone/people better than you. Plus despite what people say APB is very much a competitive PvP game so people getting stomped shouldn't be a turn off. Ya sure losing isn't fun but its part of the PvP experience sometimes.

9 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

probably something about getting stomped making you a better player, even though that's pretty subjective at best

You aren't wrong about what I'm going to say. It does help you become a better player. At the same time though its up to the player to pick up on these things and apply them. Weapon use, good spots to hold, and protecting items that drop off your opposition when you kill them while they're moving to a drop off as examples. Even in PvE games like Monster Hunter people fighting Fatalis will get their butt kick multiple times. Its not a reason to quit. You pick up on openings, when to dodge, and what weapon works best for you. Its all learning from experience.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Because there is almost always going to be someone/people better than you. Plus despite what people say APB is very much a competitive PvP game so people getting stomped shouldn't be a turn off. Ya sure losing isn't fun but its part of the PvP experience sometimes.

You aren't wrong about what I'm going to say. It does help you become a better player. At the same time though its up to the player to pick up on these things and apply them. Weapon use, good spots to hold, and protecting items that drop off your opposition when you kill them while they're moving to a drop off as examples. Even in PvE games like Monster Hunter people fighting Fatalis will get their butt kick multiple times. Its not a reason to quit. You pick up on openings, when to dodge, and what weapon works best for you. Its all learning from experience.

Players who are a little above you in skill and knowledge of the game sure, but the players who are doing the stomping at this point in the games life are literally the best players in the game since they are the hardcore playerbase who take up a large portion of the only remaining silver district population now. Ive personally hardly touched the game in the past year due to this reason, its that difficult to enjoy now.

Watching streams of the best players was a good way to learn however, if thats your thing.

Edited by Raichu

39 minutes ago, Raichu said:

Players who are a little above you in skill and knowledge of the game sure, but the players who are doing the stomping at this point in the games life are literally the best players in the game since they are the hardcore playerbase who take up a large portion of the only remaining silver district population now. Ive personally hardly touched the game in the past year due to this reason, its that difficult to enjoy now.

Watching streams of the best players was a good way to learn however, if thats your thing.

Even when players stomp you there is still plenty to learn. Usually the people who are doing the stomping have more to learn from than the people who are a little above you skill level. Since those barely above your skill level are more or less playing on the same level as you. Also the better players play in silver because no one goes to gold district as there is/was no incentive to. Along with how the pop has been for the past few years its impossible to play in gold districts with constant op.

Just stop playing, people need to stop making threads on why the game sucks. And or a LO GM needs to sticky the important ones.

10 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Even when players stomp you there is still plenty to learn. Usually the people who are doing the stomping have more to learn from than the people who are a little above you skill level. Since those barely above your skill level are more or less playing on the same level as you. Also the better players play in silver because no one goes to gold district as there is/was no incentive to. Along with how the pop has been for the past few years its impossible to play in gold districts with constant op.

Im not talking about the gold disctrict. I said at this point in the games life, so the population has been dropping for years to the point where we only have 1 silver district which is mostly filled with top players since they are the hardcore playerbase. And there really isn't much to learn from versing top players 5 missions in a row and spending the whole time on the spawn screen before you had enough and want to quit. Balanced missions or players a little above you give you way more room to actually see what you are doing right and what you can do to improve. But balanced missions are rare these days.

...simply just add Cross-Faction missions: 

- Enforcer vs Criminal,

- Enforcer vs Enforcer,

- Criminal vs Criminal,

- Enforcer with Criminal vs Enforcer,

- Enforcer with Criminal vs Criminal,

- Enforcer with Criminal vs Enforcer with Criminal,

pool for matchmaking will be bigger.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2021 at 1:42 AM, Hexerin said:

Assuming they just simply lift the segregation and leave it at that, sure. However, if they also re-tighten the matchmaking (which was severely loosened alongside the implementation of segregation so that matches would proc instantly since everyone was in the same threat tier), then you wouldn't see the "golds vs bronzes" matches you currently see even with both camps being in the same district. Of course, this comes with the side effect of matchmaking taking a bit longer, but I would call that a worthwhile trade-off.

Already wait 10-20 minutes for a mission in a full district with any sized group

On 2/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, T0rnHaZe said:

we had that somewhat recently and lost a lot of people from bronzes being crushed just as we were getting new players.

no thank you.

you want people to play then invite your friends and stop putting the blame solely on others.

you dont have friends? invite some random people to come play.

you want more people then get more people.

On 2/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, CookiePuss said:

Source?

Played solo last night and waited 20-30 minutes for opp. 

Just how much longer do you want me to wait?

Thats pretty rough. This is the reason removing pre-made teams is the future. Of course its not ideal, as it hinders you playing with friends, but what else can you do as population diminishes.

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

you want more people then get more people.

Why would I bother bringing people in, when I'm not able to play with them because of segregation?

This goes both ways, and our side has significantly more of a valid argument here.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 6:51 PM, RespectThis said:

newbbie vs golds are not gonna bring the game back if you are looking at the angle , this game is already so old with absolutely no new content to attract and last thing would be to get farming golds on their back every time they play. APB is not CSGO and never will be. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:56 AM, Raichu said:

Im not talking about the gold disctrict. I said at this point in the games life, so the population has been dropping for years to the point where we only have 1 silver district which is mostly filled with top players since they are the hardcore playerbase. And there really isn't much to learn from versing top players 5 missions in a row and spending the whole time on the spawn screen before you had enough and want to quit. Balanced missions or players a little above you give you way more room to actually see what you are doing right and what you can do to improve. But balanced missions are rare these days.

Yeah at this point you're more than likely to go against the same people due to the pop being awful. I still don't think that's a good excuse to quit the game. The big issue is people who get to gold and intentionally dethreat to go back to bronze districts to vs easier op. That is an issue because they are the ones who are actually going after these new players. Because they don't want to vs people in the silver/gold district. They would rather feel some sense of "pride" in beating up these trainee/bronze players.

3 hours ago, Dead_Game said:

newbbie vs golds are not gonna bring the game back if you are looking at the angle , this game is already so old with absolutely no new content to attract and last thing would be to get farming golds on their back every time they play. APB is not CSGO and never will be. 

Not saying its going to bring players back. Not sure where you pulled that from. What I said was you can learn from going against better players than you. To be honest I don't think APB needs new/outstanding content to stay relevant. The gameplay itself is what makes APB fun. What APB really needs is proper weapon balancing, anti-cheat, and stable servers. Trust me gold players don't really enjoy farming new players. We'd rather go against op around our own level. Who would have thought APB won't ever be CS:GO... go figure.

Edited by RespectThis