R3ACT3M

Please redo weapon balance

6 hours ago, Lign said:

I just remember the similar topics where ppl were saying to rework balance in 2018. Also, I don’t understand why you’re talking about bloom except if you’re mainly playing ntec, but again ntec is still the strongest metA

Other guns should be balanced around the NTEC not the other way around. The NTEC is too strong in every range. Imo

1 minute ago, Frosi said:

This is very likely never ever going to happen. Keep in mind that this is an INSANE amount of effort for something that could very well flop. 

Well just about every other game has a system like this while apb recoil is very. Simple. + I'd like to imagine that LO could do something like this in an engine with code they know vs RTW/G1 noodle code

4 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Well just about every other game has a system like this

Except not every game has 100+ unique guns that would each require their own recoil pattern.

7 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Except not every game has 100+ unique guns that would each require their own recoil pattern.

Apb doesn't have that many guns. Most weapons are reskins of other guns.

25 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

APB still has over 40 unique weapons. 

Thing is with LO's weapon balancing is that they think making guns clunky and or useless in their non intended roles = balance.

i'll give a few examples. Mostly based on AR's.

All AR's except the misery atm have no ability to jumpshot whatsoever, yet the strong people in the game can still outperform and do pretty much just as well as they did before the nerf, only difference is that now they're just more clunky and unfun to use. APB is a game about mobility, LO should capitalize on that. Like take the FAR and NTEC, both guns still dominate, if you're like me you're still killing OCA's and shit 9/10 times as long as you got a decent position, we still get similar scores and still play relatively the same, only difference is that we use our secondaries a bit more in those situations where we would've jumped with an AR instead. 

Basically, nerf to jumpshoting was to ensure that you wouldn't win in CQC battles, which was a flawed argument to begin with, as jumping made you an easy tracable target, and if you lose at that range where said tactic is even somewhat effective with a cqc gun then you're the one that is garbage. However, with this nerf now being here for quite a while, the result is basically the same as before, it's just that instead of winning those obscure 1 out of 50 engagement where you jump, you either lose it or win it with your secondary, basically a 50/50. 

My point?  The nerf didn't really change anything fundamentally, as the people who lose CQC against non CQC based weaponry still lose, whether you can jumpshot or not, so the nerf just made the guns more clunky. Lmao even the SHAW with HS3 can jumpshot, and that's a fucking machinegun, same with the NSSW.

OBIR nerf just made the gun clunky and made the OBEYA into the de-facto rifle, reverse QSing was strong, but def not op as it was only viable with the FBW and really was only strong if you had a corner.... and corners make every gun good. 

The result of that nerf just made the OBIR clunky, and somewhat unusable CQC but not in a fun or intuitive way.

snubnose nerf, where they nerf the worst secondary in the game or "change it" because it was abused with literally 1 weapon in the game that had a chance of success of like 1% lmao because of the wonky hitreg. So instead of you know, nerfing the JG with literally 1 damage, which would ruin the combo they change the snub *clap clap clap*.

removing rayscaling without realising that some guns where only good because of it, basically having no hindsight whatsoever for those guns, ahem showstopper ahem, so now the nfas, shredder and showstopper, both regular and legendary is completely fucking useless, but with rayscaling was super OP (except for the shredder. so instead of being like "guys maybe we should give the nfas soime love after the removal of rayscaling" they just go "fuck it!" and takes it away with nothing else, making the gun just awful. ffs they should give it a faster firrate or atleast a bit more range, like 3m or 5.

Need I continue? 

This is the nr1 with LO, they have a good heart but listen to the wrong inferior players and do not understand subtlety. "OCA is op" ok well just nerf  1 thing maybe firerate "NO we're nerfing 3+ things!" oh ok... what about the misery? "GIVE IT 4 BUFFS AND CALL IT A DAY" so it's now a 5 shot laser beam that does 240 damage with barely any recoil? "YES" oh ok... hey the fang is kinda op what about that? "REMOVE ITS RANGE, MAKE IT A 9STK AND MAKE IT BLOOM LIKE CRAZY"..... why not just, do one of those?

instead of changing 1 stat, and in a small margin, they do these sweeping changes, these massive changes that just makes guns extremely good or just kinda worthless, misery was good before it's latest buff, it had very high recoil but very and I mean VERY strong TTK potential for long range, it was high risk high reward and high skill, but now, with the recoil buff, it's just a fucking laser beam, and instead of realising that people didn't use it cause it's an obscure armas gun and not very easily excess able by most players (ticket grinding even at 255 is very long for a perm weapon, especially one with such a high skill ceiling) and now it's just kinda op, and still no one uses it.

Edited by Tenginima

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

APB still has over 40 unique weapons. 

Just saying recoil patterns is something to strive towards

3 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Not gonna happen, fam. 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Not gonna happen, fam. 

Lots of things happen when people say otherwise.

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

87 unique playing weapons, around 78~80 if you discount a few of them.

3 hours ago, Frosi said:

87 unique playing weapons, around 78~80 if you discount a few of them.

Then call it a wip, each gun doesn't need a unique recoil pattern right off the bat. Get the system in place then tweak each gun over time. 

Im not asking for a magic trick

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Have you ever played on Rust official servers?

30 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Have you ever played on Rust official servers?

I have

Lets face it weapons as they are currently are awful. Guns either are terrible or just feel bad. Then there a select few that feel ok like shotguns. The game was in a much much better state when the holy trinity was a thing. You have your 3 meta weapons Ntec, Hvr, and Pmg/Oca and balance around them accordingly. As i've said in other posts the atac for example is a good example of a balance between the ntec and the oca. The other huge issue with little orbits balancing is adding mechanics on guns that have never had them. I.e the HVR's damage scaling off bloom. Who in their right mind thought that was a fun, enjoyable, and balanced way to fix the hvr. I heavily dislike the HVR but that was the worst possible way to "fix" it. All anyone has ever asked for was the damage to be reduced so you couldn't die from stubbing your toe. As i've said LO should have started their ownership of the game with rolling back weapons to before RP's big weapon changes/nerfs before the game changed hands. Then work from there with the community NOT just the SPCT. Considering a lot of vets who truly care about the game (who aren't SPCT) are giving more than their 2 cents. Also adding random gimmicks to the game isn't enjoyable at all. Along with removing things that make apb apb such as jumpshots. Apb was in a much more fun and enjoyable state years ago compared to now. Its just a husk of what it once was.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Frosi said:

-snip-

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

-snip-

Oh no! The devs might have to actually lift a finger and use a brain cell!

the sades part is "yukon" is worse than "Jersey devil" {_._}
oh the glorious balance

I've created a sheet for people to give condensed feedback and help sharing their opinions on the current state of weapon balance.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

- Azukii

Man, I'm cool with high recoil weapons if they have high accuracy. Like Rust M249 recoil or M11 recoil from R6. Blistering high recoil relative to other weapons but also capable of landing consistent shots with practice. That's the ideal balance right there.