Aeronaut

why there no buy max ammo button

my math and logic is really bad so correct me if im wrong.

i was thinking and it doesn't happen very often. i was wondering why this QoL thing still hasn't been implemented.

• why is the slider limited to 50 ammo boxes per max slider
  • the maximum slider amount varies for the different ammo types
  • that variation can either be a full buy (throwable grenades only), 2 max buys, a little bit over, a little bit under, or up to 5 max buys with LTL Pistol Ammo (regarding the far right column)
  • no one really likes being in the inventory UI, a 'buy all' button should be implemented
  • it only costs roughly a level 3 modification to fill up all available locker space with ammo, including LTL, which would only cost $46,640 for criminals.
  • if a buy all button can't be implemented, raise the maximum amount of ammo that can be purchased and replace the "overflow" popup dialogue with a passive message that informs the user that there wasn't enough space in their locker so only the appropriate amount was purchased and store. one less button to click through. it all adds up.

90cLAnW.png

tldr:

just make a buy all button. it's like purchasing a level 3 modification.

$63,565 to fill up for enforcers

$46,640 to fill up for criminals

in theory, should be less because no one really has an empty ammo locker.

Edited by Aeronaut

I don't think this is needed, the game auto-buys ammo for you anyway.

11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I don't think this is needed, the game auto-buys ammo for you anyway.

jesus christ it's like i stepped outside of a time capsule

how long has it been like this?

4 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

Since always. If you have no ammo available, the game will purchase enough ammo to refill your gun when you resupply / respawn after a death. The downside to this is that it causes you to resupply slower, which still gives an incentive to stock up your ammo reserves between missions.

So yes, it would be very nice if there was a way to just click a single button at the ammo vendor and have all your ammo types filled fully all at once.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

So yes, it would be very nice if there was a way to just click a single button at the ammo vendor and have all your ammo types filled fully all at once.

thank you for making me feel less senile and better about myself. you are one of the few good ones left.

15 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Since always. If you have no ammo available, the game will purchase enough ammo to refill your gun when you resupply / respawn after a death. The downside to this is that it causes you to resupply slower, which still gives an incentive to stock up your ammo reserves between missions.

Eh, not always. G1 changed (or bugged?) that at some point, somewhere 2015 maybe?

You had to purchase ammo for a long time.

Eventually LO undid that for a short time, players didn't like it for some reason, and reverted it.

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Eventually LO undid that for a short time, players didn't like it for some reason, and reverted it.

cite them sources friend

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Eh, not always. G1 changed (or bugged?) that at some point, somewhere 2015 maybe?

You had to purchase ammo for a long time. Eventually LO undid that for a short time, players didn't like it for some reason, and reverted it.

You've got it reversed. The bug back in G1 days was that ammo was resupplied on respawn for free. Little Orbit made a change to where ammo wasn't automatically purchased at all (because they couldn't figure out the code to just fix the bug and leave the feature alone), but that triggered massive community backlash to the point they had to revert the change and return the system to how it was (bug and all).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

You've got it reversed. The bug back in G1 days was that ammo was resupplied on respawn for free. Little Orbit made a change to where ammo wasn't automatically purchased at all (because they couldn't figure out the code to just fix the bug and leave the feature alone), but that triggered massive community backlash to the point they had to revert the change and return the system to how it was (bug and all).

Are we talking about the same thing? I think we're not.

There's two kinds of auto-purchasing ammo.

The one I meant is that the game resupplies you with a full loadout upon respawn, even if your locker is empty.

For the first few G1 years, you respawned without any ammo if you didn't have ammo in your locker. That eventually changed and you spawned with a full loadout.

The other is starting to resupply with an empty locker, which takes a little longer.

This has always been a thing and never changed, unless you count the time when the manual T resupply was changed to an automatic proximity resupply. But the mechanic stayed the same.

idk why you have to buy ammo still. nobody can use the "it takes money out of the game" meme because that ship sailed years ago

so much QoL shit that should've been standard from the start. mods being acc-wide or permanent character unlocks, open all mail function, acc-wide APB$ wallet, acc-wide legendaries, trading wasnt even added til a couple of years ago. so much time spent just sending legendaries/character mods/vehicle mods/weapon mods/themes/w/e the fk you want to send to an alt, should all be accessible account-wide.

2 hours ago, claude said:

mods being permanent character unlocks

Of all the things you said, this is the best thing LO could probably do at the current point in time. The only thing between a fully modded loadout and having to spend a bunch of time tediously swapping your mods between your guns/cars/whatever is how much APB$ you have to spend on mods. It's stupid, and serves no purpose other than adding an extra layer of statistical difference between new players and old players. If LO actually gives even the slightest of fucks about new players, they need to make mods unlock from the earlier stages of weapon roles (like access to T3 mods by weapon role 5 earlier), and make those unlocks simply unlock the mods for use on any gun without quantity restriction.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People still buy ammo?

i did yesterday 😞

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Shame.

i might buy some more today.

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People still buy ammo?

Why would I? No one to use it on.

Haha... Ha... *Cry*

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii