Sign in to follow this  
Poperon

Is it just me? The feels...

But is there anyone else who misses Farfletched? And thinks his remix of Love at the Speed of Light is one of the best sounds around APB?

@Ketog : Thanks for the heads up!

If the old login screen wasn't so good and perfect, this song could easily be a main theme for APB imho.

Posting this here also, maybe @MattScott and @Lixil had no knowledge about it yet. Cheers! 🤗:classic_laugh:

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 8

Omg yes. Coz of him and Car Clova I got myself into synthwave addiction. Would be cool if he would make some new music for APB.

Well I of course miss farfletched.

He kinda left extremely abruptly...like one day we were running the APB Music Creator Contest...and then the next he was gone...like right when he was going to put the winner's song in the in-game building...

Kinda weird. I never caught word of why he left or if he was fired or what. Does anybody even know??

Cause like the day after, Tiggs was hired and she said they were dropping the contest cause they had other priorities or something. Engine upgrade something or other I don't even remember now...

Edit:

He was right in the middle of running this and left before it could be finished and then no one else at G1 would finish it.

(link to the old, infinished 'Music Creator Contest')

Edited by iodyne_
  • Like 2

Of course, I miss Farfletched, I miss a lot of the old administration, it's unusual because Reloaded's ability to develop scaled inverse proportionally with the amount of time they had the game, they went from developing cool content and adding a whole bunch of content to just "Muh Engine upgrade" for the past 4 years, the majority of changes that occurred after Reloaded/G1 got APB occurred in 2011-2013, after that it was just radio silence and gun reskins. Shame really.

I have a feeling that the majority of the development team and old staff either got laid off or quit and a basic skeleton team was enacted to keep APB:R running and patching bugs.

Edited by Similarities

farfletched was cool

he (and others from the old dev team) played the game a lot, a trend im happy to see orbit picking back up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poperon said:

But is there anyone else who misses Farfletched? And thinks his remix of Love at the Speed of Light is one of the best sounds around APB?

If the old login screen wasn't so good and perfect, this song could easily be a main theme for APB imho.

Posting this here also, maybe @MattScott and @Lixil had no knowledge about it yet. Cheers! 🤗:classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, iodyne_ said:

He kinda left extremely abruptly...like one day we were running the APB Music Creator Contest...and then the next he was gone...like right when he was going to put the winner's song in the in-game building...

Kinda weird. I never caught word of why he left or if he was fired or what. Does anybody even know??

Cause like the day after, Tiggs was hired and she said they were dropping the contest cause they had other priorities or something. Engine upgrade something or other I don't even remember now...

Edit:

He was right in the middle of running this and left before it could be finished and then no one else at G1 would finish it.

3 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Omg yes. Coz of him and Car Clova I got myself into synthwave addiction. Would be cool if he would make some new music for APB.

Hey Guys and Gals... iam still in Contact with Farf.

I think i write him later about APB..., eventually he like the news and doesnt know about the "NEW" Devs 😉

btw, Farf has created not only some Music for APB he still made the new Gun sounds!

His Soundcloud:

And his Homepage: http://www.farfletched.com/project/audio-design/  (The section where you can see what he didi for APB!)

And i have still contact with STS Films, wo made some Comercial Vids for APB..., i write him later too 😉

His old Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp9fFAl88H4CidM--SfeeaA

Have a nice Day....

Speedy^^

"our business is life itself"

p.s.: @Lixil and @MattScott Hit me up and write me if i can help with more Informations about Farf and STSFilms. Thx & C ya 😉

Edited by SpeedyCat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great news showing up here, keep them coming guys! I thank you all for the participation! :classic_laugh:

14 hours ago, iodyne_ said:

Edit:

Many devs left the game abruptly, Omocha was one of them. Maybe they got dissatisfied with what was happening, and seeing they were running in circles for years, with the old bad management decisions.

Maybe some better oportunity showed out of the blue for Farf, he was/is a cool guy as it seems. Or what if he got dissatisfied with the community? We may never know what really happened :classic_unsure:

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

farfletched was cool

he (and others from the old dev team) played the game a lot, a trend im happy to see orbit picking back up

I'm seeing all this as positive too! I'm not sure if Matt or Lixil had played the game before they acquired Gamersfirst, but if they didn't, they are now doing it and seeing how much life and desire to live and get better APB has in its guts. They and their staff seem to be really enjoying the game and its mechanics (apart from the roten ones). It's actually a VERY GOOD game, and as many say and know, it has yet one of the best customization systems out there among games. It's just not SO SO SO much better and enhanced, due to the fact the game has stalled for so many years without any further development on avatar customization areas. No new hairs, we got "a limited" customization bar that could certainly have been increased among years if game had its proper development, etc.

We can only keep faith and hope for now, but as things keep on moving, it seems the right company has acquired the game.

Edited by Poperon

Oh damn, now i know what i sould do... ^^

... have now written a mail to Farf...., i am curious what he says... :classic_love:

Edited by SpeedyCat

Ever since my first character hit rank 134 the music in this game has been an agony i try to get away from, radiated usually by starter cars the easiest solution was to expend some bullets or grenades or simply drive faster.

please next time choose a better audio source , that youtube video is horribly compressed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ❤ MonaSux ❤ said:

farfle was a great gm but dont forget the master piece of login screen.

this needs put back right now.. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 1:01 AM, iodyne_ said:

Edit:

From my memory, Farfletched was part of the first wave of developers "let go" by G1, whom they deemed irrelevant for the future of the game's development. This was around the time Jack/Monte, Revoe and a few others were let go as well; some may remember this being followed by Jack Oakman starting his own little indie studio called Digital Curve which was somewhat short lived, but Farfletched (as well as Revoe and 5 or 6 other ex-RTW G1 folks) was on that team after the fact. Nothing ever came of the studio, and I have no idea what he got involved with after, but to my knowledge he is still making music. Just not sure if it's for any specific studios or whatnot.

EDIT: Also, here you go; here is a link to the original contest thread https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/328377-apb-music-creator-contest/

Edited by Rapid99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rapid99 said:

From my memory, Farfletched was part of the first wave of developers "let go" by G1, whom they deemed irrelevant for the future of the game's development. This was around the time Jack/Monte, Revoe and a few others were let go as well;

Was this not immediately following the end of the Gold Rush and the subsquent disaster that was gold segregation? I always wondered how closely linked the two events were.

bringing old and good things back would reestablish the apb feel for sure.

6 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Was this not immediately following the end of the Gold Rush and the subsquent disaster that was gold segregation? I always wondered how closely linked the two events were.

A few months after it, yeah. Was also right around when patch 1.13 dropped, when Tiggs was hired, and when the Engine Update was announced (which, in the way they worded it, seemed like a direct response to the success of GTA V).

Something something all of their eggs in one basket

I wish they'd bring back the old creative staff from RTW

• Thanks 1

I doubt many of the old staff would want to return to APB after getting burned twice. I owe Jotunblut a lot, though. Still got his name tattooed on my character and that ain't going away!

3 hours ago, Songbearer said:

I doubt many of the old staff would want to return to APB after getting burned twice. I owe Jotunblut a lot, though. Still got his name tattooed on my character and that ain't going away!

Probably they won't want to ever return. The only possibility i could think of, is if APB breaks the curse of its long lived bugs and lack of content, and turns out somehow to become a great success.

Maybe if this happens, and they see the game turned into a major hit that keeps on growing strong, they decide to return and be part of it again.

Sign in to follow this