yourrandomnobody74

How to kill/nerf car gameplay, for good.

Increase animation time for getting into the car, remove instant teleportation into cars (when animation is not available). /fixed

Some sort of car gameplay will aways be a part of APB, get over it?

Edited by HatsuneMikuuuuu

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

I doubt anyone would use it. Downside is far too great in direct fight.

Better to just use good hard damage guns.

Very true

Now that I think about it, having this mod on hard-damage guns would be something as the downside only nerfs health-damage due to APB's logic...
3.png

35 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Very true

Now that I think about it, having this mod on hard-damage guns would be something as the downside only nerfs health-damage due to APB's logic...
3.png

a mod that decreases "weapon damage" would affect both hp damage and hard damage like heavy barrel does, altho since this mod would effectively render hard damage to 0 if there was a player in the vehicle you wouldnt want to use it with an anti vehicle weapon anyway

would be an interesting mod to have on ltl tho, as stamina damage is not affected by the "weapon damage" multiplier and it would allow at least some counterplay to opp carplaying

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo
  • Thanks 1

Instead of nerfing the Nulander Pioneer the most used car for car game play LO & CO decided to nerf the Vegas. ( Just another example of a wrong decision )

Add fall damage when you jump out in full speed of car !!!!!

Do you know why the same players keep coming back to APB ?

I tell you why not because the game is as good and unique as it is so often presented no. no, no, no that is not the case and far from the truth !!! 

They keep come back because they are nothing without their advantages and the manipulation in the forum to keep the advantage.

The APB players ( Specially Veteran-Players ) are the worst players i have ever seen just watch them when they try to play are balanced game.

They have no clue what makes are Game great period !!!

1 hour ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

a mod that decreases "weapon damage" would affect both hp damage and hard damage like heavy barrel does, altho since this mod would effectively render hard damage to 0 if there was a player in the vehicle you wouldnt want to use it with an anti vehicle weapon anyway

would be an interesting mod to have on ltl tho, as stamina damage is not affected by the "weapon damage" multiplier and it would allow at least some counterplay to opp carplaying

Approved because #LTLMasterRace

20 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

Add fall damage when you jump out in full speed of car !!!!!

Amen

20 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

Instead of nerfing the Nulander Pioneer the most used car for car game play LO & CO decided to nerf the Vegas. ( Just another example of a wrong decision )

the three vehicles most heavily used in carplay (pioneer, espacio, and vegas 4x4) all received direct and indirect nerfs, so you're kind of wrong there

26 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

They keep come back because they are nothing without their advantages and the manipulation in the forum to keep the advantage.

don't really know what to say to this, it seems fairly clear that many veterans who use the forums disagree with many of the weapon balance changes little orbit has made so it seems like the supposed "manipulation" isn't working

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrashCan said:

The APB players ( Specially Veteran-Players ) are the worst players i have ever seen just watch them when they try to play are balanced game.

Hi there

What is a balanced game in ur opinion? 

I think most players, veterans included, also play other shooters... 

I don't have massiv Problems with Carplay i just deal with it and take that "challange".

I don't believe i'm anywhere near the Top 15% of APB players and do not consider myself a really good player but hey i'm "OBT Veteran"... 

Also i'm not that good in other Shooters but somehow its enought to stay in top 10% score/min @ Battlefield V on PC.

As u can see here if u want to...

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 2:08 PM, qb said:

We've all come across it, in one way or another. You 85 a guy, he just instantly gets in a car and runs off. Or you get camped behind a car for days.

Well, my friend had an amazing idea to counter this, so I had to share it.

How about we add being able to shoot people in a car/through the car (through the windows)? Yes, I know it's a huge project to rework car hitboxes and the player hitboxes, but it's so worth it.

It's the perfect fix for this meta and it'll make the game more fun for everybody.

also, please make consumables permanent, the 5 for 2000$ price is so unappealing to new players (even for us veterans its stupid)

Lets just google translate this .....   Its really annoys me that me and my team cant steamroll the opposition who are not that good at the game. Can you please nerf the game so they have nowhere to go so we can shoot them more ?

16 hours ago, TrashCan said:

Do you know why the same players keep coming back to APB ?

I tell you why not because the game is as good and unique as it is so often presented no. no, no, no that is not the case and far from the truth !!! 

10 year vet here.

Its funny how wrong you are about vets. We don't come back to the game for "advantages and manipulation". We come back because we enjoy the game and/or nostalgia. Same reason vets still play World of Warcraft. Its not because of advantages. Its because they enjoy the game. Can you name another game that shares the arcade like gameplay (the part that makes the game so enjoyable) that APB does? Don't say GTA as its NOT like APB.

Your second point is also laughable. What vets are you watching play other games that are "the worst players you've ever seen"? I play a variety of games (gears of war, league of legends, monster hunter, etc.) placing in the upper tiers of ranks. Just because you "watched" one or two people doesn't mean anything. Sounds like you're just on the forums to blow smoke.

Also based on your forum account you've only been around for two years. So telling vets like myself we don't know what we're talking when we've seen a decade of changes/additions/balances just seems odd. Maybe try actually talking to REAL vets. We all have similar and different views on things. Don't just make some wild assumption we're in it for x,y, and z.

In regards to vehicles nothing needs to be changed. There has never been a time I've thought car gameplay was broken/bad. Its easy to deal with. The ONLY thing that is annoying is people who run in TDM, Item Hold, and VIP. Otherwise just use one of the many anti car solutions.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 9:08 AM, qb said:

We've all come across it, in one way or another. You 85 a guy, he just instantly gets in a car and runs off. Or you get camped behind a car for days.

How about we add being able to shoot people in a car/through the car (through the windows)? Yes, I know it's a huge project to rework car hitboxes and the player hitboxes, but it's so worth it.

It's the perfect fix for this meta and it'll make the game more fun for everybody.

also, please make consumables permanent, the 5 for 2000$ price is so unappealing to new players (even for us veterans its stupid)

You do realize that if youre on even ground with the enemy you can shoot their feet under the car right?  its pretty easy to kill someone using a car for cover.  Its essentially the same thing as shooting them through a window.

Throw an EMP, car gets temp disabled and they take 150 electrocution damage if they get in it anyways 😁

Edited by Cr0

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

It's kind of amusing how appalled people are by this idea and how negative they're reacting to it.

This would help balance quite a few things and make it a lot easier for newer players to deal with modded cars.

For me the problem with vehicles isn't that you can't shoot people inside them, it's that G1 added mechanics that heavily favor using vehicles.

Way back, Criminals and Enforcers had separate car spawns. You couldn't spawn a car in the opposite faction's contact area. There were also some random spawners through the maps that were faction locked. This meant you had to be more cautious with your vehicle. Having it destroyed could mean being forced to walk. G1 removed this limitation, which made it way less of an issue to have your vehicle destroyed.

Then came the R195 mods. Mobile spawner, blow torch, car surfer, and high burn fuel. Mobile spawner means no more bad spawns, and you get a vehicle at spawn. Blow torch allows you to out repair move AV weapons, at least long enough to get out of range. Car surfer lets you use heavy weapons from a moving vehicle. High burn fuel disables vehicle explosion damage, meaning there's no downside to staying next to your damaged vehicle.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, -Dan- said:

Just make the player ragdoll like in GTA instead of instantly being out of the car and standing

That's actually a really good idea, and an easy fix.

your all thinking this wrong

remove cars and replace them with bicycles 

all your issues are solved and i can do sick 180s on people when i shoot them off my bike 

On 1/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, qb said:

Or you could just nerf the rate at which you heal in cars so players can't get 85'd then get in a car and get out seconds later. Make the time to heal in a car like 3x longer etc.

Merged.

Concs are amazing now after the car nerf just saying.