ColorBauss

Please do weapon changes and additions more often

I understand that the engine update and marketing that comes after is your priority right now. But to keep the current playerbase interested, you really should do more balance changes and weapon additions more often.

Maybe even some recurring events, that give new weapons or joker tickets. Every time there's weapon changes or new weapons added I come back for a while, usually a week or two, and it's all fun and good. 

But after a while, it's the same old APB. 

Keep buffing underpowered guns like the Norsemen series, similar to what you did to the Tommy Gun not long ago. The Tommy Gun had suffered for years, and now it's finally seeing some proper use due to the insane recoil being cut in half.

Keep releasing new legendaries, cars or JT guns. They don't even have to be completely new guns, maybe just reskins or new gun/mod combinations.

That's all you gotta do to keep the game interesting. A balance patch or a new gun every month, will take you far in the future, now and after the engine update.

• Like 5

Everything they are adding new to the game has to be redone for the new engine again and again so the sad thing is that all we can do is wait. After that adding new stuff will be much easier.

But i'd like to see more weapon changes as well. Also a better communication between players, SPCT and LO but all this takes time. Having faster weapon changes to avoid stuff like OCA being topmeta SMG out of the sudden would be really nice. 

• Thanks 1

Weapon balance will continue to be an ongoing process, while LO evaluates what guns need changing the community is always welcome to make suggestions for guns that they'd like to see changed, bonus points if you can come up new stats and explaining your approach and what you are aiming to achieve with the proposed stats. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

Keep buffing underpowered guns

That would be nice if they actually Buffed anything, what was done was massive Nerfing.

Ok so they reduced the recoil for the Tommy slightly, with that they nerfed the drop off and range of every sub gun with one exception, n Im not gonna say what gun still works so they dont nerf it. They Butchered the sub guns, they butchered the shot guns a while back.  Sub guns arent suppose to have a huge bloom, even the old Grease gun was fairly accurate. They suppose to be precise, come in the hallway, a quick triple tap to the man to the left of the door, moving in two double taps to the man at the end of the hall, before judo rolling to the side for cover, comes out of the roll on his feet, pops up from cover n empties the mag on the late comer just running back in from spawn. The late comer survives n grabs the box n runs, only to be taken out by 1 240gr. 44 slug from Big Thunder.

Excellent lil story, n its just that a Story, only found in books and in Macks little mind.

What really happened was mack came in the hallway with a subgun that had the range of an AR, he drains the mag on the guy to the left of the door, who then pulls a Chuckle Emote, then flips me off just as the guy at the end of the hall bricks me to the eye.

Late comer arrives, kicks mack n tbags n runs off to next point....Thats what really happens after they Butcher n stomp on all the guns. 

I want all the nerfs reversed, i am not happy about it at all. 

• Thanks 2

Judging by the majority of weapon changes that have happened with LO I don't think I trust them to do anymore.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Judging by the majority of weapon changes that have happened with LO I don't think I trust them to do anymore.

No person in life ever did something good at first try. It's a on-going progress.

Just now, KyoukiDotExe said:

No person in life ever did something good at first try. It's a on-going progress.

2 year on going process.

Going back against what was stated or even advised by numerous people.

Sweeping changes without properly playing or understanding the game at the time.

Alright.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

their first try freebie for balancing was used up a long time ago now, and it was so bad it doesn't even exist anymore lol

7 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

That's all you gotta do to keep the game interesting.

Thats you not everybody - big difference.I cant give more than a fu** about that

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

2 year on going process.

Going back against what was stated or even advised by numerous people.

Sweeping changes without properly playing or understanding the game at the time.

Alright.

Ye, thats SPCT.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

their first try freebie for balancing was used up a long time ago now, and it was so bad it doesn't even exist anymore lol

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I still want them to add their version of Improved Rifling as a separate mod. The increased range for reduced fire rate was really, really good on a handful of certain guns that were (and still are) undertuned otherwise.

I agree, the changes they made have been a little bit stupid at times but... even when the changes were for the worse, I came back to test them out and had some fun times.

There have been plenty of good changes too, like

140 ammo capacity for joker sr

Tommy Gun recoil reduction

Yukon fire rate nerf

Obeya CR accuracy nerf (though it's still a laser gun)

And then they destroyed pmg, made oca top dog, did some weird shit with FAR and somehow changed COBRA and it's still shit.

EDIT: Oh yeah and they made R-2 Harbinger much better 🙂

Edited by ColorBauss

Trash balance guns

Broken yukon and all guns are sheit

Edited by EMilika

On 1/26/2021 at 1:03 PM, ColorBauss said:

Keep buffing underpowered guns like the Norsemen series, similar to what you did to the Tommy Gun not long ago. The Tommy Gun had suffered for years, and now it's finally seeing some proper use due to the insane recoil being cut in half.

Keep releasing new legendaries, cars or JT guns. They don't even have to be completely new guns, maybe just reskins or new gun/mod combinations

You want them somehow to balance useless weapons the game already has and also add a new one. That’s insanity. We can’t even get a proper balance among meta weapons due to the game being overfilled with weapons. At this point adding a new weapon is like reinventing the wheel 

Edited by Lign

On 1/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

.... for what I see until now,  seem the matter how it is all managed these balancing....

I mean, after just spit out a weapon balance for a certain tier, "someone" just jump to another one, assuming the previous balance is well done and complete.

spct or who make test/ change dont care about feedbacks, complain, or better manage a poll after some time the change, I didnt see nothing of at all

for what I see after a first try, the change is permanent or 98% of times if there is a next changelog, it will just ruin (or at best incostitent) more the weapon/s itself (shotgun tier, far, rfp, thunder etc docet) , dont  dare to tell your opinion or waste your time, until competent LO team get the time for doing it properly  and shut down people such Frosi and Ghost seem we will see incostitent change for a long time.

of course honestly not all it is such a waste, the cars change is a cleary exception and a well done balance

Edited by PingOVER9000

3 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

and shut down people such Frosi and Ghost seem we will see incostitent change for a long time.

Normally I would like to discuss posts like this but at this point I'm left figuring out what is even being said.

5 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

.... for what I see until now,  seem the matter how it is all managed these balancing....

I mean, after just spit out a weapon balance for a certain tier, "someone" just jump to another one, assuming the previous balance is well done and complete.

spct or who make test/ change dont care about feedbacks, complain, or better manage a poll after some time the change, I didnt see nothing of at all

for what I see after a first try, the change is permanent or 98% of times if there is a next changelog, it will just ruin (or at best incostitent) more the weapon/s itself (shotgun tier, far, rfp, thunder etc docet) , dont  dare to tell your opinion or waste your time, until competent LO team get the time for doing it properly  and shut down people such Frosi and Ghost seem we will see incostitent change for a long time.

of course honestly not all it is such a waste, the cars change is a cleary exception and a well done balance

I'm not sure what you're ranting about, you said a lot but never got to a point.

Regarding your dislike towards Frosi and me, I can tell you that even if one of us manages to get a change into the game, it'll be tested by many people, from all kinds of skill territories. Getting rid of us won't change a single thing since it's still the whole team testing and discussing things, and LO pulling the major string in deciding what goes into the game.

By the way, both of us were involved in the vehicle rebalance, which you seem to like. :)

We're at least doing something to help the overall game health. It's way more playable than it was a year ago, but there's still many things to iron out.

As @KyoukiDotExe mentioned earlier, it's very welcome and appreciated by everyone involved if people would make constructive posts about their ideas on things to change, instead of ranting here and there. That gets you nowhere.

However speaking about weapon balance, I too am not a fan of basically rebuilding all the guns when there's only been a few problematic ones to fix before the shotgun changes and curve mechanics came in. But that's how it is now, and LO can't just flick a switch and revert to some older stats, especially not when it's older stats before LO got into APB.

Edited by GhosT

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

the shotgun changes and curve mechanics

The rayscaling was the best thing shotguns have ever had. If LO had actually invested even the slightest bit of effort into adjusting the balance instead of just shrugging their shoulders and giving up on day one, we would've seen an entire weapon class be viable and healthy in the game when it historically has been either completely worthless or completely overtuned (it's the former currently).

The curves system needs to just get stripped out, and the game returned to linear range scales across the board. This system never did anything of value, while being actively detrimental to fair play and information clarity. We still to this day don't have the proper range information on the database, and the thread(s) that had the general info on the system are long gone with the old forum's erasure.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The rayscaling was the best thing shotguns have ever had. If LO had actually invested even the slightest bit of effort into adjusting the balance instead of just shrugging their shoulders and giving up on day one, we would've seen an entire weapon class be viable and healthy in the game when it historically has been either completely worthless or completely overtuned (it's the former currently).

While shotguns are currently way too strong, they did change the rayscaling quite heavily in the past so that earlier point you made is not quite accurate, I believe there was three or four itterations of different rayscaling values for the main two shotguns and yet again they either were inconsistent or overpowered.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The curves system needs to just get stripped out, and the game returned to linear range scales across the board. This system never did anything of value, while being actively detrimental to fair play and information clarity. We still to this day don't have the proper range information on the database, and the thread(s) that had the general info on the system are long gone with the old forum's erasure.

Removing curves is a lot to ask for, they've been a part of weapon balancing and weaved into many weapons for a very very long time and while I agree that some curves don't feel particularly great such as the recoil curves I do have to disagree that they are bad for the game as they allow the developers to have more indepth balancing options at their fingertips which if utilized correctly can help shape a world where a lot of guns feel unique. 

As for the range information not being displayed correctly this work in progress update of @Speedz DB will help you out. https://dev.apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC

Edited by Frosi

19 hours ago, Frosi said:

While shotguns are currently way too strong

Shotguns are currently completely worthless.

Removing curves is a lot to ask for

Yes, it would require quite a bit of effort on the dev's part. However, the game would be significantly more healthy for it.

as they allow the developers to have more indepth balancing options at their fingertips

This game is an arcade shooter, it doesn't need such "deep" and "complicated" balancing.

As for the range information not being displayed correctly this work in progress update of @Speedz DB will help you out. https://dev.apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC

Jesus fuck what is this eye-gouging mess of a website I'm looking at right now? Please tell me Speedz will be leaving the current simple and streamlined UI design of the site available for us? That being said, the curves display there is exactly what we've been needing for the past decade for informational clarity.

I've created a sheet for people to give condensed feedback and help sharing their opinions on the current state of weapon balance.

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii