Resine

Can we get EAC back?>

And most funny the people who tell me this.  im not cheating....

But i remember and dont forget the names of the FF Ban list. 

And FF was not wrong this you can see how the game look today more cheater then ever.

Edited by Eviltara

4 minutes ago, Lign said:

Matt confirmed that huge amount of bans by fairfight were false. One guy got ff by typing in social district something about Tiggs, one 255r silver got banned while logging in the game just to make some symbols. Also showing in public the names of banned people accumulated a huge toxicity among already toxic apb community

the biggest issue with fairfight is that it doesn't actually stop anyone from cheating - statistics are cool and they might work really well but you can't get statistics without letting people play, unfortunately that includes cheaters too

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo
  • Like 2

Just now, Eviltara said:

And FF was not wrong this you can see how the game look today more cheater then ever.

Yeah all those who cry that they ware false banned because they ware closets!
One day cheat other day not. and so on..

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eviltara said:

2 minutes ago, EMilika said:

Yeah all those who cry that they ware false banned because they ware closets!
One day cheat other day not. and so on..

Indeed. Those who got banned earned their bans one way or another.

10 minutes ago, Lign said:

Matt confirmed that huge amount of bans by fairfight were false. One guy got ff by typing in social district something about Tiggs, one 255r silver got banned while logging in the game just to make some symbols. Also showing in public the names of banned people accumulated a huge toxicity among already toxic apb community

that was lo biggest mistake to release all cheaters!!!!!!

they called it 2nd chance.

i'm sure lo underestimated that

Edited by Eviltara

Just now, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

the biggest issue with fairfight is that it doesn't actually stop anyone from cheating - statistics are cool and they might work really well but you can't get statistics without letting people play, unfortunately that includes cheaters too

The problem with it was that there was no client side anticheat, you could go in any cheat forum to download free injectable cheat and move on till you get banned. If apb was a bit more popular, it would accumulate the amount of cheat coding scene with some crazy functions like hvh scene in csgo. The only one that had some crazy things was epicgoat. Speedhack, hitting any shot without even aiming at the target, changing the size of the character to make it bigger than the building in financial(it was client side but still fun) and many other things. The last funny thing was a fake ff ban. He used that to kick you out from the district and your name would appear in the chat in fairfight notification. 

Just now, Eviltara said:

that was lo biggest mistake to release all cheaters!!!!!!

they called it 2nd chance.

There was a lot of fake bans, although nowadays there're much less closets and ragebots than it was during ff, read my post above

• Like 2

On 1/24/2021 at 1:56 AM, Aeronaut said:

"2021 APB Reloaded Best Hacker Compilation Easy Mode - MUST WATCH"

If thats an Aeronaut video, i know its gonna bang. so yes pls

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, Talla said:

That's pretty much the bottom line.

It's pretty hard to make a truly "fair" game when in reality, nothing is.
I'm just wondering which areas PvP players will want to compete on in the future.
Reflexes? Strategy? Aiming skills (prediction, tracking, flicking)? Quick adaptation? Team synergy? APM? Creativity?

Aiming will stop being valued amongst players if no games are able to ensure a fair competition online.

The line between good players & cheaters is becoming increasingly blurry.
We're seeing MMOs where writing macros or bots scripts are part of the game.
Already, many cross-platform games gave built-in aim assist to console players, while allowing them to compete with the hardcore PC crowd.

The devaluation of human aiming skills is progressing very rapidly.
It's pretty sad too, because aiming is instinctive & highly rewarding.

I still think it's very doable to design a fun game where integrity is a main concern.
It won't stop the eternal game of cat & mouse between detection/cheaters,
but if you properly hide the cheese good enough, the mice won't try as hard to reach it.

No its pretty easy to spot a good player vs a cheater if your actually good at the game in question especially if the game has a good kill cam or replay function. ESP is probably the easiest to notice since its so easy to slip up trying to hide it(pre-firing[without the knowledge via teammates or sound queues], not checking corners/angles, and or peaking the least likely spot an enemy would be). Aim is also fairly easy to spot in games with headshots since hs% is often recorded also watching someone's tracking in both real time and slow motion will let you see if they are taking to shortest route to a players hitbox/bone(also tracking at the same hitbox/bone). 

FF reliability became questionable, ever since it started false ban waves, this was confirmed by G1/RP in multiple ocassions, ruleset issues, it became a complete mess eventually. How could they even tell the difference between false flagging rulesets and properly working ones?

How can anybody then call it nearly 100% reliable system, ignorantly believing that every single player who were banned are just closet cheaters?

What makes you think that they managed to determine every ban fairly/reliably? Then they ignored your ban appeals.

• Like 1

You want EAC just to ban +-30 players? I mean, apb have like 500-600 peak players daily, how many cheaters log-in daily? Better focus on that amazing eu development

7 hours ago, wHisHi said:

You want EAC just to ban +-30 players? I mean, apb have like 500-600 peak players daily, how many cheaters log-in daily? Better focus on that amazing eu development

How many cheaters? too many if you ask me.

2 hours ago, EMilika said:

How many cheaters? too many if you ask me.

Too many for you, too few for me.

Crazy story ye?

On 1/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, Talla said:

You can use a bigger hitbox / aim assist to level the playing field.
You can try to create certain situations where FOV/proximity-based aimbots are not the best solution (Ex: An ability which creates 3 wandering copies of a player, adding a shield ability for lures, etc.)

You're right about this, it can be a double-edged sword without a proper death replay and players can judge certain abilities "bad sportsmanship".

The first to load in memory wins, so you would need to monitor everything at the BIOS level.
I don't have high hopes for a "white room" OS, since it requires manufacturers to adhere to a convention or a single type of hardware, and really limits extensibility.
You also want developers to be able to freely produce & release software.

Closest thing would be computing the game remotely, client sending player IO and responding with pre-rendered frames (like Google Stadia, Nvidia Shield),
but unless we get something like quantum internet, players would drown in input lag...
Pretty sure someone could try to use computer vision to create aimbots for those too...

Or you could just have a couple of qualified GMs log into the game stealth, join a few missions, or target multiply reported "suspects" and spectate them. A GM has all the tools a hacker has, so he can tell, if, through the walls... a player he see's.. can... outside of certain game dynamics where every player is visible on the map... tell if the player has a "cheat" enabling him to react to the spectating GM... such as... through the walls detect and move when an aimed crosshair is on him... by the GM with the ability to do so.  Seriously, removing, or just temp kicking highly suspicious players has a wonderful effect of making them "tone down" their cheats... but doing nothing at all is the guarantee of ruin and a lost playerbase.  In-game GM spectators (who KNOW what they are doing) is faster and more effective then the best anticheats... a major reason why Innova was so successful... they used propriety Frost anticheat, but they also had the manpower to have in-game GM's spectating the gameplay... and rapid banning griefers, cheaters, exploiters and temp kicking suspects.

13 hours ago, wHisHi said:

This is why I made a post about temp kicking players... which the forum GM stashed away in some never visited section.  It's kinda obvious Little Orbit has no interest in preserving this game, listening or responding to the playerbase or acting on criticisms, suggestions... and the endgame is already a foregone conclusion.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:07 PM, xHenryman90x said:

FF reliability became questionable, ever since it started false ban waves

It wasn't automated ban waves, it was Tiggs banning people she didn't like.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It was literally put on auto that's why so many false positives happened. Did tiggs ban certain people properly. Did tiggs ban hundreds and hundreds of people in a game with the ban waves? That's kind of a stretch. Certain people maybe were targeted but this is quite a stretch. Everyone was also unbanned as well which imo was stupid but kinda had to be done because of the false positives and certain admin banning power

Edited by Valkyrja-
Typo

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

i can say you 100% this is not True

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eviltara said:

gonna go out on a limb here and say that unless you're claiming to be tiggs then you can't be 100% certain that she didn't falsely ban people

I also found a lot of instances where bans were enforced subjectively. That means the punishment or lack thereof was largely at the discretion of the GM or CS person.

source: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/5/25/two-week-update-qa-notes-from-my-stream

even if it wasn't tiggs herself, her teams were apparently still handing out whatever bans they saw fit, which is basically the same as tiggs pushing the button herself imo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eviltara said:

Can't believe there's people out there still kissing tigg's a.ss, she's the worst community manager/ GM I've heard or seen in any online game, so unprofessional it's already proven. When fairfight first release she brags about her new anti cheat and did a name and shame on the forums, at first you know she's a power hungry wanted to ban freak.  I'm happy that cheaters/closets are getting banned but I believe this was part of her plan to lure the community in and gain her trust in fixing the game. 

We all know she lies about the development of the engine update for years, a lot of controversial bans (tiggs using fairfight to manual ban players when they are not cheating), doesn't even care about the players or investigate these false positive when player's send in tickets to customer support about their falsely banned for cheating.  Took her 2 years to find a false positive in fairfight! pretty dam late since how much collateral damage fairfight has done to legitimate players being falsely banned by fairfight while being mix in with actual cheater bans, to the point g1 staff cannot investigate each ban. Only a few luck one's were able to be unban on December 2018 by tiggs.

The only reason why you believe fairfight 100% banned cheaters because the names you see regardless cheater or not have beaten you. You are ignorant you can accused every player that has beaten you a cheater and you will get a name on that ban list. 

Matt scott in 2 years have done more than what Tiggs achieved in 5 years on APB. she was the reason of APB downfall and the growth of rage cheaters.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Matt scott in 2 years have done more than what Tiggs achieved in 5 years on APB. she was the reason of APB downfall and the growth of rage cheaters.

To be fair, APB was tagged as EOL ever since the downfall of the Edinburgh studio.
It was clear they would sell the IP in the future.

Tiggs, a community manager, ended up co-producer when they moved overseas.
When you let a CM become producer, it shows how unmanned and drifting the G1 ship was.

Cheaters will kill this game before LO incompetence will...

31 minutes ago, Resine said:

Intentional dethreaters, poorly implemented threat segregation and cheaters will kill this game before LO incompetence will...

FTFY!

Edited by xHenryman90x

On 1/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, Deadliest said:

Can't believe there's people out there still kissing tigg's a.ss, she's the worst community manager/ GM I've heard or seen in any online game, so unprofessional it's already proven. When fairfight first release she brags about her new anti cheat and did a name and shame on the forums, at first you know she's a power hungry wanted to ban freak.  I'm happy that cheaters/closets are getting banned but I believe this was part of her plan to lure the community in and gain her trust in fixing the game. 

We all know she lies about the development of the engine update for years, a lot of controversial bans (tiggs using fairfight to manual ban players when they are not cheating), doesn't even care about the players or investigate these false positive when player's send in tickets to customer support about their falsely banned for cheating.  Took her 2 years to find a false positive in fairfight! pretty dam late since how much collateral damage fairfight has done to legitimate players being falsely banned by fairfight while being mix in with actual cheater bans, to the point g1 staff cannot investigate each ban. Only a few luck one's were able to be unban on December 2018 by tiggs.

The only reason why you believe fairfight 100% banned cheaters because the names you see regardless cheater or not have beaten you. You are ignorant you can accused every player that has beaten you a cheater and you will get a name on that ban list. 

Thank you. I couldn't have said that better myself.