Resine

Can we get EAC back?>

there's no price too high for your game being the most hacker free since it was released

oh hang on, actually its the amount of money eac cost

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Not quite.

The contract was for A (Client side) and B (Server side) at price X

Eventually EAC had to come clean and admit they couldn't do B, so there's a breach in contract.

Negotiations probably started then, to see if a new contract could be hammered out, but that turned out to be a Nope as we are all well aware.

So it's not so much the money that's the issue, but the contract breach and business optics/consequences of going back into business with them, knowing they can't deliver on what was asked of them.

the situation might suck, but at the end of the day even the broken eac was doing better than anything apb had or has had since then, and orbit wasnt willing to pay for that

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo
  • Like 2

Even if LO got the cash to go back to EAC.. What effect might that have on the already semi-broken Community?

1 » We had BattlEye

2 » We had EAC

3 » Now we have BattlEye again after MattScott being optimistic to the community about it getting better & that it can serve APB better than before.

4 » After the assurances above, going back to EAC again?

Yes, EAC is objectively better than BattlEye but sadly the masses don't care. 'if EAC is indeed better and you apparently have the cash, why did you revert to BattlEye?!'

You'll pay hefty prices to get EAC back in order to unleash the 2nd form of the meme.

EAC gave back in the day performance issues,it made apb laggy ,that is why it got reverted back to BattleEye

20 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Fairfight back*

Fixed it for you.

fairfight is worthless without a client side anticheat

• Like 3

EAC not gonna be back because they wanted more money plus wasnt working/protecting very well so thats case closed

Edited by TheMessiah

i miss ffbans.org
every day i opened it and read some comments of the latest big bans
good old times ...

• Like 2

I swear guise... there is NO WORKING ANTICHEAT at this time... it's just old files that look like BattlEye, kinda like when G1 stopped paying for updates on Fairfight... only no one is even bothering to do biased manual bans.... APB has become HackCity... like, every single mission.

I propose Matt Scott personally, log in and disguised, play a few missions to get a freakin' clue stick!

Either that or bring back Tiggs... at least she was TRYING to control this game-breaking bs. 😿

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cyberlicious said:

I swear guise... there is NO WORKING ANTICHEAT at this time... it's just old files that look like BattlEye, kinda like when G1 stopped paying for updates on Fairfight... only no one is even bothering to do biased manual bans.... APB has become HackCity... like, every single mission.

I propose Matt Scott personally, log in and disguised, play a few missions to get a freakin' clue stick!

Either that or bring back Tiggs... at least she was TRYING to control this game-breaking bs. 😿

FailFight is trash, thats why Valve threw it in the trash years ago. Why go back to something thats proven worthless from day 1?

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

EAC not gonna be back because they wanted more money plus wasnt working/protecting very well so thats case closed

I mean would you pay money for something that doesnt work/protect very well? A lot of people don't even know that and think LO switched to BE just for fun.

We have to consider the fact that they would not get it back anytime soon. Sure, devs would get more freedom with new engine, but this "miraculous update" would throw cheaters back, with it's completely new code. At the first time after the launch, there's should be no cheaters at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently, doubt it. 

Before posting why EAC should come back make a compilation of cheaters plz

• Like 1

EAC is not a magic solution either.
No anticheat is perfect, and there's just too much money to be made for 3rd party cheat sellers.

It's better to design your game in a way where cheat benefits are negligible.
1. Servers should never send information to the client that should not be observable
2. Always validate the client actions before processing them
3. Limit the potency of aimbots (For example, APB has no headshots)
4. Add functionalities that allows non-cheating players to gain "cheat-like powers" (Ex: ESP abilities, grenade lob and rebound prediction, optional aim assist)

APB is "legacy software", which means alot of work to correct #1 & 2.

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

FailFight is trash, thats why Valve threw it in the trash years ago. Why go back to something thats proven worthless from day 1?

FairFight statistical analysis was good, but its existence allowed to fine-tune settings to "believable human performance" levels.

Edited by Talla

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

"2021 APB Reloaded Best Hacker Compilation Easy Mode - MUST WATCH"

40 minutes ago, Talla said:

EAC is not a magic solution either.
No anticheat is perfect, and there's just too much money to be made for 3rd party cheat sellers.

It's better to design your game in a way where cheat benefits are negligible.
1. Servers should never send information to the client that should not be observable
2. Always validate the client actions before processing them
3. Limit the potency of aimbots (For example, APB has no headshots)
4. Add functionalities that allows non-cheating players to gain "cheat-like powers" (Ex: ESP abilities, grenade lob and rebound prediction, optional aim assist)

APB is "legacy software", which means alot of work to correct #1 & 2.

FairFight statistical analysis was good, but its existence allowed to fine-tune settings to "believable human performance" levels.

1. minimizing that information to much leads to performance issues and so does encrypting it which most games already do

2. this is for the most part already done with almost everything. we have server sided spread calculation, vehicle movement, player movement(its check by the server [heavily effected by ping tho most speed hacks choke packets or induce lag to stop from rubber banding], weapons damage, etc.

3. no way to limit aimbot "potency" unless you add things like rng based recoil/spread

4. I absolutely hate these esp abilities that are added to games it just makes it so cheaters can more easily hide the fact they're cheating

The only thing that can be done is using something like vacnet or fairfight to ban the non-human performers and or making players run like a "closed" os which doesn't allow for any third party software to be installed and is heavily restricted on what can be done on it(no way to read or write to memory and no way to escalate permissions also extensive vm checks) which would stop all software based cheating and would only really leave hardware based cheats. 

6 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

? valve never owned or used fairfight

9 hours ago, RCooper said:

EAC gave back in the day performance issues,it made apb laggy ,that is why it got reverted back to BattleEye

You've got that reversed.

59 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

3. no way to limit aimbot "potency" unless you add things like rng based recoil/spread

You can use a bigger hitbox / aim assist to level the playing field.
You can try to create certain situations where FOV/proximity-based aimbots are not the best solution (Ex: An ability which creates 3 wandering copies of a player, adding a shield ability for lures, etc.)

4. I absolutely hate these esp abilities that are added to games it just makes it so cheaters can more easily hide the fact they're cheating

You're right about this, it can be a double-edged sword without a proper death replay and players can judge certain abilities "bad sportsmanship".

The only thing that can be done is using something like vacnet or fairfight to ban the non-human performers and or making players run like a "closed" os which doesn't allow for any third party software to be installed and is heavily restricted on what can be done

The first to load in memory wins, so you would need to monitor everything at the BIOS level.
I don't have high hopes for a "white room" OS, since it requires manufacturers to adhere to a convention or a single type of hardware, and really limits extensibility.
You also want developers to be able to freely produce & release software.

Closest thing would be computing the game remotely, client sending player IO and responding with pre-rendered frames (like Google Stadia, Nvidia Shield),
but unless we get something like quantum internet, players would drown in input lag...
Pretty sure someone could try to use computer vision to create aimbots for those too...

Edited by Talla

7 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

did that done it, I won't link the video but it's on youtube, few clips of a cheater POV who end up being banned by EAC (bait cheating video). Strangely the video has gotten some comments from desperate cheaters who are willing to download cheats online at any source, which kinda explains why the game will be invested with cheaters. They are a nuisance they think everyone is cheating, so they will cheat. All my recording game play are all legit and the cheater in the video is not me pretty simple. 

idk much about the cheating problem on NA only encounter 2 which was last year I played, but probably a bigger issue on the EU side?

there's still a possibility a legit can out gun a cheater though 😛

EAC had better results.

Edited by Deadliest

10 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

"2021 APB Reloaded Best Hacker Compilation Easy Mode - MUST WATCH"

Oh here there's a typo!

«2021 APB Reloaded Best Hacker Compilation Easy Mode - ДОЛЖЕН СМОТРЕТЬ»

fixed it for you

5 hours ago, Deadliest said:

did that done it, I won't link the video but it's on youtube, few clips of a cheater POV who end up being banned by EAC (bait cheating video). Strangely the video has gotten some comments from desperate cheaters who are willing to download cheats online at any source, which kinda explains why the game will be invested with cheaters. They are a nuisance they think everyone is cheating, so they will cheat. All my recording game play are all legit and the cheater in the video is not me pretty simple. 

idk much about the cheating problem on NA only encounter 2 which was last year I played, but probably a bigger issue on the EU side?

there's still a possibility a legit can out gun a cheater though 😛

EAC had better results.

While I have 2 EU characters, I can't really say if I ran into cheaters. Because...ping...

But I really want to believe there aren't cheaters on APB in NA, but instead just people being sweaty, try hard. I've kicked the habit of assuming everyone cheats and just change it to APB is just bullshoot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jericho's level of cheating is a great example of the "misleading statistical percentage" mind trick you see modern "news" use. During EAC, you were (un)lucky if you saw even a single cheater in a given month of play, while after BattlEye was re-implemented there was an absolutely appalling increase of roughly 100-200% cheating rates per month of play. If you've taken elementary school level math, you'd know that equates to 2-3 .

Ultimately though, the fact remains that BattlEye is actively harmful for the game. It causes problems for client performance, while doing nothing to combat the cheating problem.

19 hours ago, LilyRain said:

3 » Now we have BattlEye again after MattScott being optimistic to the community about it getting better & that it can serve APB better than before.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Uke
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You've got that reversed.

When we negotiated the deal with Kamu (Epic Games), the service was supposed to be client and server side. The critical reason for moving was their management tools and the server side piece which we didn't get with BattlEye. However, we also agreed to pay more to get that. The client side integration was fairly smooth, but the server side integration hit immediate snags. We spent months trying different configurations with the networks to get them talking properly, and when that didn't work, both sides dedicated programming support to fix the issues. When it still didn't work, we started exploring other ways to possibly fix it, but Kamu said based on our concurrency we wouldn't like get good results anyway. More recently I was finally contacted by their head of development with the news that they could no longer justify the resources to finish the server side integration. So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise, so we have mutually decided to end the agreement. 

Clearly, we will need to keep evaluating server side solutions or build our own, because I have yet to see one that works well enough.

How i got that reversed?

4 minutes ago, RCooper said:

How i got that reversed?

not being able to implement the server side portion of eac is very much different from eac actively causing lag

the same post you copy/pasted makes it very clear that if the price was right orbit would have continued to use eac, so obviously they were satisfied with its lack of performance issues

battleye on the other hand was a disaster the first time it was implemented, and the second wasnt much better imo