Sakebee

Roadmap 2021

4 hours ago, Fasalina said:

Has Q1 2014 happened yet? Last update from Matt was over 2 weeks ago.

Can you really consider it an update, when it didn't provide any information?

The latest engine upgrade post:

Thx for the detailed update.Meanwhile give us in live game some alternative game mode 40 vs 40 or idk something else for finncial/waterfront where players despite their rank,threat or whatever-can progress their characters(get exp)make money and earn JT.At least try something like that in some event for a while and see if players gonna like it because i think is time to end this agony most player have on this mission districts because of the low pop and matchmaking

Edited by TheMessiah

27 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

The latest engine upgrade post:

Thx for the detailed update.Meanwhile give us in live game some alternative game mode 40 vs 40 or idk something else for finncial/waterfront where players despite their rank,threat or whatever-can progress their characters(get exp)make money and earn JT.At least try something like that in some event for a while and see if players gonna like it because i think is time to end this agony most player have on this mission districts because of the low pop and matchmaking

Mhmm yes just let him do this real quick. Couple lines of code here and there and boom done. You now have everything you want. Oh wait it doesn't work like that. Or does it!? Would you like to know more? 

Edited by Valkyrja-

2 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

Oh wait it doesn't work like that. Or does it!?

i guess you know cause u making games nonstop..like how many u made?i think i know..

41 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

i guess you know cause u making games nonstop..like how many u made?i think i know..

You don't either. I never said I knew anything about it. I do know how to code, I also know that it isn't just easy to make a new gametype. How many have you made? Oh I think I know. It goes both ways. You either want them to cater to the live game or look to the future of apb with the EU where(hopefully) other things can get implemented quickly. Oh I think I know quite well. Thanks tho 🙂

On 2/7/2021 at 3:19 AM, PoshDoll said:

sigh.

even if you manage to do all that this guy wrote in the roadmap it still won't be enough to gather a crowd to cheer for you. apb will never reach a new player base. it will never be a game that belongs to 2021 that is if you manage to pull off the engine upgrade stunt within the year. instead you guys could've listened and kept the players that have played the game for god-knows-how-many-thousand hours. one just doesn't simply see a game from 2010s running on ue3.5 and decide it's cool in 2021. players have too many choices. the lack of vision and the means to finish the mission. the story of this game's life lives.

Pretty much. I drop by now and then to see when actual progress has been made and it baffles me that people still, after 6-7 years, actively think that even if they did finish the engine upgrade that the playerbase would suddenly skyrocket into several thousands. The game is over 10 years old by now and everyone who wanted to try the game out already has, and it's not like there's a small pool of games to play from these days

• Like 3

On 3/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, Tronkles said:

Pretty much. I drop by now and then to see when actual progress has been made and it baffles me that people still, after 6-7 years, actively think that even if they did finish the engine upgrade that the playerbase would suddenly skyrocket into several thousands. The game is over 10 years old by now and everyone who wanted to try the game out already has, and it's not like there's a small pool of games to play from these days

I also check in here and there... Nothing new to see.

LO should really hurry up all my money that I put into Apb is flowing now in Black Desert. and this since 2 year 🤷‍♀️ i would hurry up you only have one chance, the game already had too many.

TIME IS RUNNING TICK, TACK, TICK, TACK ⏱️  don't even want to know how much money you lose every day.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:30 PM, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Been saying this for nearly 10 years. It's not so bad when you don't pay attention to it for months on end though. I always pop back in occasionally to see.

been a goner from this community but i wish you guys the best

Horses? When? 

Cause:

I wished open world on another game, done in 3months.✔

Same for rockets snowboard ,2 months, done ✔ 

Housing, ✔ less than 2 months.

Battleship, 1 year, ✔

Crew management ✔

Horses are the next to go and prototypes are ready, need just map and lore adaptation.

Why apb can't develope just motorbike for begin riding gameplay????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Horses? When? 

Cause:

Battleship, 1 year, ✔

Crew management ✔

Horses are the next to go and prototypes are ready, need just map and lore adaptation.

Current engine is limited to 32 bit. It's constantly bouncing off the 3.5GB memory limit. Nothing can be added without further hurting performance. The 1s stutters are game breaking as is.

It is what it is. Not much can happen until the engine upgrade is completed. I doubt the upgrade will be remotely stable before 2023, going by other indie devs with small teams.

• Like 1

Yea 3.5GB limit means 3,5 legged horses. And we don't want that.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:10 PM, Queen of Love said:

Horses? When? 

Cause:

Battleship, 1 year, ✔

Crew management ✔

None of these things have any place in APB. Especially Horses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How accurate is the roadmap with the latest insight and struggles?

2 hours ago, Infinito said:

roadmap wasn't accurate as it was being written :^)

2 hours ago, Infinito said:

With the snail pace of this company i doubt we gonna be able to even test the engine before end of the year.After all looks like they start all over again after running the game trou this editor.I dont see this guys finishing this project ever..

i see the project being finished ... but its on 1 or 2 different ways ... 1 Closing the game and its servers 2 is finishing the project of the engine upgrade in 2022

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:13 AM, TzickyT said:

i see the project being finished ... but its on 1 or 2 different ways ... 1 Closing the game and its servers 2 is finishing the project of the engine upgrade in 2022

At this point 1 is the only way as the pop has finally moved on. Unless they focus on the current engine and revert the gun changes and make some serious QOL updates all this time and money spent is pointless, hell its pointless to even continue working on the engine any further tbh.

• Like 1