Sakebee

Roadmap 2021

1 hour ago, JunoSuzuki said:

they definitely don't want a toxic community

Actions speak louder than words, and their actions are clear as day.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Problem is rather that people who don't like APB can't get away from it and spread their toxic nonsense everywhere. Look, there are games i once liked. They developed differently to my dislike -> I don't play them anymore or at least not that active instead of still hanging around there telling anyone who likes it "DiS gAmE sHiT LOL yOu aLL bRaiN dAmAgEd"

Who said I disliked the game? I actually still praise it.

What makes the game shit is the community. They didn't want to prevent new players from getting roflstomped years ago. They threatened to leave, instead of realizing that they're the problem. With no influx of new players, because Golds threw a temper tantrum on forums (even though population started to actually grow), they undid the Lock. And even then, made it fuckin' worse, by letting Golds in Silver, with no need for dethreating. And then nothing was done, as Max Rank Golds are stomping everyone in Bronze servers for years.

You're reaping what you've sown. This game isn't serious. This community isn't serious. If you were, you'd be taking steps to preserve new players experience.

Now... You can't even get Max Rank, because WF is dead.

GG. Well played.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

With no influx of new players, because Golds threw a temper tantrum on forums (even though population started to actually grow), they undid the Lock.

at that point in time there was effectively no anticheat and the closet cheating was at peak levels

population increased because the gold lock happened at the same time as the gold rush event, which was also a horrible first impression - lock golds to a single instance and then give everyone else a massive incentive to flood those instances 

a threat lock might have been a good idea at one point, but g1 managed to bungle it so hard that half the dev team ended up "leaving"

On 1/28/2021 at 6:10 PM, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Who said I disliked the game? I actually still praise it.

What makes the game shit is the community. They didn't want to prevent new players from getting roflstomped years ago. They threatened to leave, instead of realizing that they're the problem. With no influx of new players, because Golds threw a temper tantrum on forums (even though population started to actually grow), they undid the Lock. And even then, made it fuckin' worse, by letting Golds in Silver, with no need for dethreating. And then nothing was done, as Max Rank Golds are stomping everyone in Bronze servers for years.

You're reaping what you've sown. This game isn't serious. This community isn't serious. If you were, you'd be taking steps to preserve new players experience.

Now... You can't even get Max Rank, because WF is dead.

GG. Well played.

Gosh, finally i am not the only one who keeps saying this.

8 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

Gosh, finally i am not the only one who keeps saying this.

You are far from the only person to openly say this both ingame, on the forum, and elsewhere.

APB need a hidden automatical weapon damage decreaser system, it is based on the "skill" of the player. The higher the skill (Kills/wins etc.) The higher the damage of the weapon is decreased. There is no increase of damage for bad players!

A good player do with the same weapon lesser damage as a weak player.

This helps to stop cheaters (automaticly), so it is not more important to bann cheaters, because the cheaters have a heavy decreased weapon damage.

At the other side, all new and beginner players have more chances to defeat the skilled and/or good players!

Good players have just to play weaker (with lesser skill) to avoid the weapon damage decrease! Its simple.

Before you post, try to rethinking the system!

Example:

If there is a cheater with aimbot, the more the cheater wins and make kills, so more the damage of the cheaters weapon is decrease.

Until the cheater can not kill an enemy player. Also the cheater is automaticly lesser dangerous!

Same for a high skilled player.

It makes no sense if weak (new players) have to fight against high skilled players. New players getting frustrated and leave the game.

This system stop automaticly the NERF-/BUFF- Madness!

So we dont need nerfs or buffs in the future.

Example:

Player A = high skilled

Player B = low skilled

Both uses Ntec5.

Player A can defeat most enemys players.

Player B can NOT defeat most enemys players.

If Ntec 5 becomes a buff or a nerf, in both situations its wrong, because not the weapon is OP, its the player behind!

If there is NO Buff/Nerf, in both situations its wrong, because player A is better as Player B.

Fixing a weapon only for Player A is pointless, same for Player B.

Decrease the Ntec5 damage, makes Player a lesser dangerous, but Player B can not make kills = quit the game.

The only way to fix this problem is to fix the damage for each player Itself.

The system can be tested on Bronze/Silver districts.

On Gold District the gameplay is classic.

So everyone can choose.

Edited by Todesklinge

I think now we need "Tracking the Roadmap 2021" pinned topic instead of "Tracking the Engine Upgrade"..

• Like 1

sigh.

even if you manage to do all that this guy wrote in the roadmap it still won't be enough to gather a crowd to cheer for you. apb will never reach a new player base. it will never be a game that belongs to 2021 that is if you manage to pull off the engine upgrade stunt within the year. instead you guys could've listened and kept the players that have played the game for god-knows-how-many-thousand hours. one just doesn't simply see a game from 2010s running on ue3.5 and decide it's cool in 2021. players have too many choices. the lack of vision and the means to finish the mission. the story of this game's life lives.

Edited by PoshDoll

I believe in Matt Scott and LO, Make APB Great Again! ✊

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PoshDoll said:

you guys could've listened and kept the players that have played the game for god-knows-how-many-thousand hours. 

Ahh yes, the population no longer spending money.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

We don't spend money because there's nothing new to buy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PoshDoll said:

even if you manage to do all that this guy wrote in the roadmap it still won't be enough to gather a crowd to cheer for you. apb will never reach a new player base. it will never be a game that belongs to 2021 that is if you manage to pull off the engine upgrade stunt within the year. instead you guys could've listened and kept the players that have played the game for god-knows-how-many-thousand hours. one just doesn't simply see a game from 2010s running on ue3.5 and decide it's cool in 2021. players have too many choices. the lack of vision and the means to finish the mission. the story of this game's life lives.

Kind of an odd take, time is against Apb, it has been for years, but I don't see a reason to act as if all hope is lost "oh it's x years old, game has no hope". I entirely disagree that it has no chance to reach a new playerbase, I think still has the potential to gain and retain new players, but the horrible newbie experience since the Reloaded re-launch has hurt it's growth, badly. Apb's strategy needs to have a balance of keeping old and new players alike, but... I do ask; what are you insinuating that they did not listen to that would keep old players? Do old players not want new engine for better performance, better matchmaking, more items and contacts added?

• Like 1

On 7.2.2021 at 3:41 PM, CookiePuss said:

Instabuy when they put 'temptress' on Armas...

Idc if we can get it from new contact when or if they come anytime soon™ 

But yea...

There's no point in buying anything for a game that's broken in so many ways for such a long time.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, CookiePuss said:

Whats there to buy? LO could have easily released new pink guns for valentines this yr and everyone would have bought em. Instead they rinsed off the event with no changes, not even new titles so whats the point to the event let alone spending money. And now the main event, whats the point spending money on a game that has no future. LO hasnt shown effort in alot of things nor are there fixes. Hackers are still a thing, community is still toxic as hell and matchmaking/threat is still garbage not to mention the highly negative reviews of recent gun balance changes. LO doesnt give us a reason to spend money and support them.

• Like 2

So it's not coming until 2022 and people with Turing GPU architecture won't be able to play really.

Okay.

Edited by Sayori

9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Whats there to buy? LO could have easily released new pink guns for valentines this yr and everyone would have bought em. Instead they rinsed off the event with no changes, not even new titles so whats the point to the event let alone spending money. And now the main event, whats the point spending money on a game that has no future. LO hasnt shown effort in alot of things nor are there fixes. Hackers are still a thing, community is still toxic as hell and matchmaking/threat is still garbage not to mention the highly negative reviews of recent gun balance changes. LO doesnt give us a reason to spend money and support them.

Like I've said, I think you need a break from apb. 

For marketing, how about reaching out the Battlenonsense on Youtube to do a comparison between live and EU?

On 2/16/2021 at 9:58 AM, CookiePuss said:

Like I've said, I think you need a break from apb. 

I had a break between the xmas event and now. Only thing to change in that time is the active event going on.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:02 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

whats the point spending money on a game that has no future. LO hasnt shown effort in alot of things nor are there fixes.

exactly. if LO were to show something or release something to bring players back (eg contacts) and new items, I for one would spend money... but this game just doesn't have any gas left in the tank.

1 hour ago, Fasalina said:

Has Q1 2014 happened yet? Last update from Matt was over 2 weeks ago.

2 wEeKs oH mY gOd iS nOtHinG hApPeNiNg???

end of this week i expect some news about the engine progress(at least i hope we get some)From last update news was clear that they have a lot of work a head(sound more like they start it all over again lol)