Sakebee

Roadmap 2021

the company is shutting down,

From Matt Scott himself.

Just kidding.

Looking forward to this year - the consultant idea to help with the engine performance sounds promising!

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

It is nice to hear there is momentum flowing after the problematic year that is 2020.

Unless LO is cornered with no other option, please do delay marketing as MattScott answered the same problem in the same paragraph:

unknown.png

MattScott already expressed that 2.1 going Live on its own isn't enough. Please consider bumping up "New player experience" to 2nd priority BARE MINIMUM.

• Like 12

Thanks to the team on APB for all the hard work on the engine upgrade, I am a game dev myself and know how much goes into it. I am patiently waiting for the release, even though I'm not actively playing, I have a few friends who are also eagerly awaiting the return to create new characters and experience the game again. I first played on RTW beta around 10yrs ago, and haven't found a game since that offered the same experience. It will get done, and it will be good, thanks again.

• Like 7

phasing is really low on that list, not a big fan of that

Complete and launch APB 2.1

To that end, we are in the process of signing deals with some Unreal 3.5 consultants that specialize in performance captures, identifying bottlenecks, and recommending specific optimizations that will work for the APB engine.

Admittedly, these kinds of resources have been very challenging to find in the past, which is why we haven't done this before. But, after the holiday, I made this our #1 priority. After weeks of sifting through resumes and candidates, we are now ready to move forward. Additionally, we are about a quarter of the way through a massive effort to go line-by-line through every inch of the code and identify problematic areas. I have built a very aggressive timeline, shared it with my leads, and we'll get started on Feb 1st. I hope to do progress posts to share more details as we go.

This is the best/most important.Looks like they hired people who actually know what their doing.I guess the game still have hope..

To make sure we can honor that level of commitment and support, we are going to temporarily remove Premium purchase options while our free option is ongoing. We will also be deactivating reoccurring Premium payments for anyone who is still on subscription at this time, as we want to make sure that all our users get exactly what they pay for.

holy crap ya'll got moneyyyyyyyy

Why is phasing below new cars and clothing? That just stupid. And please don't add more weapons, the game is already overfilled with useless guns none actually play seriously with

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

that is a lot to accomplish with the current state of apb, but i hope you pull it off. this is a good game, but there are too many negatives associated with it to make it popular. please fix

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 2

Can we get some help regarding the crashes? At least one eye from one backend dev. One hour to look into it. That's all. It's a pressing issue for many of us that can't play because of the D3DEVICE LOST error (crash at respawn).

In regard to new players a BIG problem with retention is the toxic playerbase that currently thinks dethreating and rolling over newbies is ok. This is a must address if LO wants new players to stay in the game and play for awhile.

• Like 6

It makes me hopeful seeing you guys getting unreal 3.5 consultants. I hope you guys hire the right person(s) for the job.

All my friends have given up hope in this game. Please prove them wrong.

This is all great news, I'm glad to see the game moving forward and professional help getting involved to speed up and polish the new engine. I am really looking forward to the next couple of Open Beta's but I think its worrying that nothing about the current state of the game was said, as mentioned in the blog post, the game is at its all time low in terms of CCU's and that has a reason. I love the game, I think about playing the game daily but since BattlEye is back in the game the amounts of closets is rising, even players that take things to a more blatant level can get away with it for months without being punished by the system. In the last five or so years APB has had a consistent issue with closeting cheaters and the only time there was a noticeable decrease was when there was a Server Side Anti-cheat, something the game has not had since Little Orbit took over. Also for reference I am not saying FairFight was amazing, it was awful after G1 started messing with it but in its early itterations it was the only thing that actually caught closet cheaters consistently. 

Edited by Frosi

Nice words let's just hope they will be backed up by actions. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but at this point it's hard to get excited for anything said regarding APB after being let down so many times by the other company who shall not be named. Still remember being excited after reading about the engine upgrade back in 2013. Damn time flies...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

please fix

we'll start by making sure that SLORP is max rank ❤️

Edited by Iazer

6 hours ago, Frosi said:

This is all great news, I'm glad to see the game moving forward and professional help getting involved to speed up and polish the new engine. I am really looking forward to the next couple of Open Beta's but I think its worrying that nothing about the current state of the game was said, as mention in the blog post the game is at its all time low in terms of CCU's and that has a reason. I love the game, I think about playing the game daily but since BattlEye is back in the game the amounts of closets is rising, even players that take things to a more blatant level can get away with it for months without being punished by the system. In the last five or so years APB has had a consistent issue with closeting cheaters and the only time there was a noticeable decrease was when there was a Server Side Anti-cheat, something the game has not had since Little Orbit took over. Also for reference I am not saying FairFight was amazing, it was awful after G1 started messing with it but in its early itterations it was the only thing that actually caught closet cheaters consistently. 

FF + reports + GMs analyzing flagged results ;o

Edited by Warflame

6 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

In regard to new players a BIG problem with retention is the toxic playerbase that currently thinks dethreating and rolling over newbies is ok. This is a must address if LO wants new players to stay in the game and play for awhile.

I'm surprised they still did nothing about dethreating, this should have been their first priority. There would be a lot more players playing this game if new players had a server where they could learn to play. Also new players that stick around tend to buy stuff so they bring money to the company which is essential for the game to survive

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Confirmed 2021 EU? But looking like Q3 / Q4 because of the amount of work still needed? 

12 hours ago, Frosi said:

This is all great news, I'm glad to see the game moving forward and professional help getting involved to speed up and polish the new engine. I am really looking forward to the next couple of Open Beta's but I think its worrying that nothing about the current state of the game was said, as mentioned in the blog post, the game is at its all time low in terms of CCU's and that has a reason. I love the game, I think about playing the game daily but since BattlEye is back in the game the amounts of closets is rising, even players that take things to a more blatant level can get away with it for months without being punished by the system. In the last five or so years APB has had a consistent issue with closeting cheaters and the only time there was a noticeable decrease was when there was a Server Side Anti-cheat, something the game has not had since Little Orbit took over. Also for reference I am not saying FairFight was amazing, it was awful after G1 started messing with it but in its early itterations it was the only thing that actually caught closet cheaters consistently. 

I remember when fairfight banned like 90% of cheaters within a week of being implemented. Most veterans QUIT apb forever when they got caught by fairfight and never came back....

Some people even made youtube/twitch videos saying "good bye APB" and proceeded to delete characters before they got caught too.

Good times, hope to see fairfight back soon.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Frosi said:

Never would i have though this would come from a SPCT. I agree BE does NOT work. It may only work for those free cheats from long time ago. There are legit a group of blatant cheaters in a clan running rampant on high ranked accounts. Can't name because NamE aND sHAme rule.

What is a upgraded engine with out players :)?

15 hours ago, Iazer said:

we'll start by making sure that SLORP is max rank ❤️

nah, slorp will never be max rank.

ive just uninstalled the game yet again, im done playing for now 'til something changes.

99BiV8e.png

Edited by iRawwwN