Sign in to follow this  
Bruhd101

(Apb) When will you add melees to the game

I was thinking if you add light , lethal attacks, and dodging and should probably help stop the opponent from shooting so they are getting hit harder than bullets(not really) . something like true crim New York city or gta(people are definitely about on my head for this). But when you finally finish this god d@amn engine

Tbh its is better than trying to get out a secondary because what ever reason your character just looks at the gun for what ever reason in a middle of a gun fight 

4 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

I was thinking if you add light , lethal attacks,

Perhaps as a finisher.

4 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

dodging

Fits apb's fast pace but how would it be useful? 

On 1/20/2021 at 9:41 PM, tuktukdriver said:

I'll be kicking them down the stairs in Asylum😆

Heck yeah 

On 1/20/2021 at 8:35 PM, R3ACT3M said:

Perhaps as a finisher.

Incase someone tries punch ie shoot you with a sniper or when someone fights you. So that you don't lose in a fist fight.

Merged.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:35 PM, R3ACT3M said:

Perhaps as a finisher.

Great idea we could have finisher maybe grapple then use the finisher something like def jam fight for ny 

5 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

Great idea we could have finisher maybe grapple then use the finisher something like def jam fight for ny 

now that, is an idea!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Never. RTW removed them from the game because it didn't work or fit with the game.

I mean battlefield has them when it's mostly about alot of epic destruction 

8 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

Yeah, but, in BF it´s used as a mocking the oponnents ability.

You wouldn't charge someone for melee in a gunfight.

Not against it, finishers look cool, but, I don't see it fitting the game now. In the end is more content, I guess.

I just think, this create issues like finishers include immunity timers, which might result in a table turning move cause, a fight that could go to 4v4 is a 5v4, cause you couldn't kill him while he was finishing your ally. But, the other is also, true. You will be able to save an ally, but, the finisher will be let vulnerable.

It fits a vanity purpose than anything else. Well, these are my pointers about it.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 1:22 AM, Bruhd101 said:

BF and APB play compltely different. And melee in BF really isn't a main component either.

I like the idea of finishing off your opp if they are weak enough. 

Like if you shoot them enough and are close enough, get a pop up or something saying "finish them" then play animations similar to: 

and while the animation plays you get I frames or something

It would give LO the opportunity to make new content via animations and would be really cool and fun to watch.

But they should be hard to accomplish in game. like if their health falls below like 5-10% will you get the option too and you have to be close

Just a cool idea, one that would have to be experimented with.

A big issue would prob be that not all apb characters are built the same, some fat, some tall

• Like 1

Now that's what I was thinking but like in prestige 5 way but can be obtained in one match but I was also thinking of endurance like the true crim games or rolling up when a player makes you fall or wake attack like def jam so that it can be kinda far for the defensive player instead of the attacking player getting a big advantage or we could add counters 

But hey the finisher could work like that 

I was just thinking if we could do that with the opponents health being like 75%

Merged.

But am also thinking tag team finisher like wwe 

Edited by Bruhd101

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Minigame melee fight.

In social.

Heck yeah or an actual fight club with baseball bats and other melee (crowbar, Brass knuckles, knife, pool stick and baton)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

so no melee but this sht yes?makes sense..

Because blowtorching someone is like knifing someone in CS. It is more of a disrespect thing than an actual gameplay thing.

Melee attack will be great to stab annoying NPCs when they stopping you near point, so you cant shoot them because you already will be seen on radar(if you dont use Raptor ofc)

i even have a better idea. if they add blocking and all that stuff, golds in bronze shouldn't be allow to even do those other than LMB. i wanna watch trainees and bronzes beat the living hell out of dethreaters

They had bricks before and that was quite funny. I think throwables would be better than outright melee because at least we could accommodate every playstyle.

Smokes, molotovs, tear gas etc.

i feel like adding stuff from other games will take away the originality of gameplay apb has, like melee weapons , dodging and movements like that.