Cyberlicious

To revive population: 1. Unban 2. Temp bans

When LO took over, they gave a general amnesty to accounts banned because it couldn't be fairly ascertained if they had been fairly banned or not. I propose the condition of the game has so deteriorated population-wise that a radical new approach to cheats/bad behavior need to be considered:

1. General unban
2. For all suspicious activity, flagged activity or EULA violations a swift, but temporary ban with escalating time.  Example, a guy might be playing too well and legit pro... but obviously not suited to be playing in bronze district... if he gets flagged as suspicious, temp kick for 15 min, then 30 min, then 1 hour.  If he finds he is repeatedly kicked, he should consider playing on the silver district instead of face-wrecking casuals and noobs on the bronze district... but he still gets to keep his account.

2. Escalating Chat-bans: If someone is repeat spamming derogatory comments, temp kicks, but add in chat bans... 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, perma. Everyone has the ability to ignore so this really shouldn't be pushed as a cause to ban a player when mute is an effective option. Another in-game option for players who know they have bad tempers should be a self-mute option. Yes it impedes effective game-play but it's better than getting insta-kicked from game... and honestly, temporary insta-kicks would be more of a hard slap warning and stop to the behavior than a month long investigation that ends in a permaban. It would also save the player when the game literally can't afford to lose anymore.

3. Escalating temp-kicks:  Unfortunately, the change to quitting missions was changed and sometimes players start tking to get kicked... tking happens, people lose, they rage, it's APB... but if someone is only going around repeat TKing mission after mission, say by the 3rd mission of tking, he should be temp kicked for 3 hours. If he comes back and starts tking again, 1 day ban. 24 hour reset.

If someone is repeat griefing, a GM visibly, but invisibly spectates someone... repeat ramming the same car and following him around to block his missions... insta temp-kick, 30 minutes. If his name comes up repeatedly and GM can spectate the reality of griefing, escalate temp-bans to 1 day, 3 day, 1 week, 1 month.

If someone is using bad words to insult someone, or inflaming speech, or attacks on ethnicity, race, sexuality, etc, politics... a little more serious... but maybe the account can be saved by insta chat ban and GM letter of warning and temp ban for 15 days. Maybe chat ban for 1 month. If it is repeated, perma chat ban and kick the account for 1 month... at discretion of Matt Scott... some insults are simply childish and raging stupidity, but rarely there is a truly abusive person who deserves a perma ban.

4. Suspected Cheaters, Macroers, Exploiters:  Simple temp-kicks from mission should be enough discouragement... again, if they're playingh so well as to be repeatedly getting 40 kills per mission on Bronze district, maybe they should move to silver.  If they are getting 100 kills every fight club... maybe they should tone down their "skills."

Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

1 question... Have u played the game recently on silver district? Every mission u get an aimbotter which isnt even holding it back. The free color triggerbot advertised on youtube and the cheap cheats advertised on twitch are just making it worse. We shouldn't be suggesting any unban, but a banwave would be great to get rid of all these braindead first time cheaters... Idk how these public cheats aren't detected by BattlEye. #getEngineUpdateOutAndSubscribeBackToEAC or #APBDiesForReal ;o

You are suggesting a mass banwave... to a game population that can barely hold the game together.  And what?  They just recycle and make new toon in 5 min. HOWEVER... if their investment, their legendaries, are only TEMPORARY banned... the immediate rage-hacking will decline... the population exodus will decline... and instead of people having to wait for a month for someone to get banned... or who never gets banned as game circles toilet bowl....

INSTA-KICKS mid-mission.... would boost morale tremendously... and those kicked... may not even be cheating... but they will learn they have to tone down their WTFPWN ALL playstyle to stay in-game.

Why unban when they comeback with smurfs as they get banned

1. Unban: Already done. LO was not confident in G1's banning practices, so they lifted most bans. The only ones they didn't lift were for credit card fraud and similar behavior.

2. Escalating Chat-Bans: I kinda agree. LO instantly temp ban some players, while others get a free pass, like how a certain player spammed district chat with hate speech daily. I think they're too caught up in mainstream media to make logical decisions on what is and isn't hate speech.

3. Escalating temp-kicks: I agree. Every other mission there's someone dethreating. It should also include suicides. I hopped on yesterday and had teammates intentionally blow themselves up in the final stage so we would lose.

i mean i got a 24 hour ban and threatened with a perma ban from apb just because i said i would spit on someone with i ever saw them irl, kinda extreme if u ask me. my first offence ever btw and almost got perm banned.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:10 AM, outfit said:

i mean i got a 24 hour ban and threatened with a perma ban from apb just because i said i would spit on someone with i ever saw them irl, kinda extreme if u ask me. my first offence ever btw and almost got perm banned.

I doubht it was only that.

• Thanks 2

i will be honest here. GMs feel like they half patootie there job. i get a slap and a "no no bad" when i point out and show case someone is 100% cheating and they themselves say they do and gm just ignores it because i didnt right it into a ticket honestly it feels like no crack down on anything here just nerf this and that then add crappy reskin here and there with stale events between them which get over run by cheaters on day 1 

12 hours ago, Thiagao145 said:

I doubht it was only that.

it was only that , i wouldnt lie for no reason.

7 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

i will be honest here. GMs feel like they half patootie there job. i get a slap and a "no no bad" when i point out and show case someone is 100% cheating and they themselves say they do and gm just ignores it because i didnt right it into a ticket honestly it feels like no crack down on anything here just nerf this and that then add crappy reskin here and there with stale events between them which get over run by cheaters on day 1 

Again, a GMs job is not to chase cheaters. It was said so many times everywhere. You can argue about that GMs SHOULD have their active part in that and suggest to give them better possibilities to do so. Tbh i am in for that. But right now a GM is not responsible for that.

The reason why they lead you to the support website is because Supporters have a lot of tools on their side to deal with that and i can't imagine that a GM kinda punished you by word for pointing out someone that is cheating unless it was name and shame public instead of private chat.

A GMs job is not to chase cheaters. It is the job of Supporters to do that. Please use support.gamersfirst.com

11 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Again, a GMs job is not to chase cheaters. It was said so many times everywhere. You can argue about that GMs SHOULD have their active part in that and suggest to give them better possibilities to do so. Tbh i am in for that. But right now a GM is not responsible for that.

The reason why they lead you to the support website is because Supporters have a lot of tools on their side to deal with that and i can't imagine that a GM kinda punished you by word for pointing out someone that is cheating unless it was name and shame public instead of private chat.

A GMs job is not to chase cheaters. It is the job of Supporters to do that. Please use support.gamersfirst.com

well sweet heart. during g1s time if a gm cuaght you cheating they banned you. was no "go to support" none of this bullshoot "no name and shame" you called out a cheater and gm went and watched them and what ever else they did they would be banned and sad to say when i see a gm and you got people threating others in chat and the such at least g1 would mute them and not warn them 5-6 times then do something. GMs are to enforce the rules not watch and stand by like a coach at a childs football game

46 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

well sweet heart. during g1s time if a gm cuaght you cheating they banned you. was no "go to support" none of this bullshoot "no name and shame" you called out a cheater and gm went and watched them and what ever else they did they would be banned and sad to say when i see a gm and you got people threating others in chat and the such at least g1 would mute them and not warn them 5-6 times then do something. GMs are to enforce the rules not watch and stand by like a coach at a childs football game

Yet i almost haven't seen any suggestions about how LO should handle stuff. Managing a community is easier said than done. Measures can be too light but if you pull it tighter it might get too strict. On the other hand there isn't much information from LO either. I can only tell from experience that toxic people i reported indeed disappeared for a while or weren't seen in the chat.

Cheating is a whole different thing. I think LO wants to be careful and don't want any GMs that abuse their powers. If a GM thinks you cheats and their perception was probably wrong there is no responsibility for them to rebuild your reputation as a legit non-cheating player. You disappear, people see that and from now on you get called out as cheater. If you cheated or not, you was just unfortunate to get banned by someone who made a mistake. This is why the whole "Call out the cheaters" mentality is stupid as hell. People don't care about such cases because they're not affected. But when a friend that didnt cheat gets hit and "called out" and harassed then they complain.

Also: Back in G1 times cheating was obvious and blatant af. You should've seen some people streaming in 2021 and how hidden their cheats are. The line between a top-tier player and a cheater is closing more and more where the cheat is now just boosting a bad/average player into the heavens of high gold skill (and above) but it's still cheating, some of them just know how to hide it. Others are still more obvious and blatant.

On 3/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, JunoSuzuki said:

Cheating is a whole different thing. I think LO wants to be careful and don't want any GMs that abuse their powers. If a GM thinks you cheats and their perception was probably wrong there is no responsibility for them to rebuild your reputation as a legit non-cheating player. You disappear, people see that and from now on you get called out as cheater. If you cheated or not, you was just unfortunate to get banned by someone who made a mistake. This is why the whole "Call out the cheaters" mentality is stupid as hell. People don't care about such cases because they're not affected. But when a friend that didnt cheat gets hit and "called out" and harassed then they complain.

You basically explained it all. 

Sure GMs back in G1 days were okay with banning people because they thought someone cheated and someone else called them out for it but it led to a lot of abuse of power and all that shit.

I can only agree with LO about their decision regarding GMs chasing cheaters, as of now it is not their purpose. A support system exist for that s p e c i f i c reason.

I swear there are too much "hackusations" in this game. I consider myself quite trash at this game but get often hackusated by other players. This mentality is dangerous.

And the worst is that it's not even new players that "hackusate" all the time, usually it's some confirmed/vet, it really shows the idiocy behind that.

Edited by Lucesan
  • Like 2