Bout a year after engine upgrade release. I hope I'm wrong though. 

23 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I am talking dead dead. Like servers shut down.

I doubt you'll have to wait for long, I can't see how LO can possibly be drawing in enough revenue to pay the bills at this point.

I can't see the engine upgrade ever getting a full release ,and if it does I suspect it will be such a disaster that it'll make the launch of CP2077 seem like a resounding success .

😞

Edited by TheDogCatcher

20 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

if anything like fallen earth. there gonna try, go oh shit this isnt working and shut the game down to work on it...then years will pass with no word

I tried to play that game like 3 times and it was weird. Gave me like, Morrowind vibes it was so archaic and strange...

stupid and pessimistic threads.. people were calling this game dead 5 years ago and we're still here. If you don't like it just move on jeeezzz.

I think LO will continue supporting the game and the end is nowhere near.

2 hours ago, Nekoya-Sensei said:

What this hot tub of garbage is still alive?

hot tub isnt the right word. think of dumpster fire and some lunatic keeps pouring napalm on it to watch it burn longer 

Can't place bets as someone coming from the Netherlands Sadge.

want this game to be shut down, though.

Outlived its potential for far too much and long. This game's "potential" isn't worth shit anymore.

26 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Can't place bets as someone coming from the Netherlands Sadge.

want this game to be shut down, though.

Outlived its potential for far too much and long. This game's "potential" isn't worth shit anymore.

Yeah but why are YOU mad?

Part of me wish G1 was still running the development, not because I like them or think they'd do a better job than little orbit.
Just wanted to see them sink the ship themselves, as some sort of cosmic justice thing.

But sadly it sold and I genuinely feel sorry for LO for what will happen once the engine upgrade releases. Doubt anyone will want to wait a bit longer to see what happens after it has an new engine.

It will probably stick around like my brothers @$$ gas

On 1/14/2021 at 9:57 PM, owzzy said:

I wonder if LO could reach out to some twitch streamers with large followings. Offer an incentive for them to play and hopefully bring their viewers along with them. Obviously this would need to be done after the engine-update is out and is in a somewhat polished state. I guess this just comes under the whole 'marketing' idea.

Summit1G is our best bet, but the game needs to be good before it's advertised

On 1/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What year is the game finally getting shut down?

CbVeuus.jpg

🙂

• Like 3

the servers wil last how long LO inteds to host them
we have seen Na die already for pc version but i hear that the ps5 versio of the game had a slight increase of population. idon't thik that the server wil be going offline any time soon before 2025 if we don't get a engine upgrade til than i thik the population wil dwindel to a mere 50 playerbase. i can't realy say more i don't have any trust in this with this live engine

On 1/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What year is the game finally getting shut down?

This year? 

Next year?

Last for another decade?

Personally I am betting 2022. Maybe later in the year. Engine update will come out and the game will still die.

Alternative is LO moves on, stops supporting APB after realising it isn't going anywhere, and has to do something else to save their company. So APB just sits there alive until the servers dwindle to 50 people and 2030 rolls around for the final coffin.

As long as people keep wasting money it's gonna keep going. When money stops, they're gonna close it.