What year is the game finally getting shut down?

This year? 

Next year?

Last for another decade?

Personally I am betting 2022. Maybe later in the year. Engine update will come out and the game will still die.

Alternative is LO moves on, stops supporting APB after realising it isn't going anywhere, and has to do something else to save their company. So APB just sits there alive until the servers dwindle to 50 people and 2030 rolls around for the final coffin.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This year? 

Next year?

Last for another decade?

Depends if LO keep doing things with same pace-game dies this year.If they sell it to some company even if is small but capable-u never know.Especially if they start fixing things and adding new content in faster pace

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

If they sell it to some company

its already been sold mate, little orbit can't resell something they no longer own

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
edit
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tumbies said:

APB development will be staffed by the best artists and engineers in the industry, updated to modern standards and polished into one of the greatest masterpieces of the decade easily gaining mainstream popularity. On a more serious note, the game can always be revived with marketing and there are still new players joining. It just depends when they decide to call it quits. It's a business and their #1 metric is money. 

I appreciate the hopeful and positive post. There's no other game that has captured my attention (even if waxing and waning) for so long. "Hope" is not a strategy, but I will do what I can to support them to be successful.

• Thanks 2

Unfortunately the game is at that time in its lifespan where a large portion of the remaining playerbase are the most hardcore players who are way up there near the skill ceiling. It makes it increasingly difficult for everyone else to play as the matchmaking gets worse and worse and lose alot of interest in the game. This will probably happen more and more over this year. There are still often 2 mostly full bronze districts, but they will soon run into this same problem with the game. The declining population from past couple of years has snowballed into larger problems which will accelerate the game shutting down over the next couple of years.

• Like 1

I think the updated engine will come out scuffed perform on par or even shittier then the live version with input lag. Then they are gonna make new content but it doesn't bring new players in and then a few months later it will probably shutdown. When that will happen idk. Unless they also change from BE to EAC again maybe that will bring some players back.

Or I could be wrong and this could be the next booming thing again and we all cry that the normies are taking over. It could take two extra years to get everything polished and then put it out with hype. This game has the potential really to become big with the new matchmaking they are adding.

Edited by Gateron

I wonder if LO could reach out to some twitch streamers with large followings. Offer an incentive for them to play and hopefully bring their viewers along with them. Obviously this would need to be done after the engine-update is out and is in a somewhat polished state. I guess this just comes under the whole 'marketing' idea.

Zombie got sooo bored that created his own topic...forum is dying...

i bet 2021 because they dont give a ****, their *eu updates*  topic is dead without any sign of life. Proof that I m wrong

Just now, owzzy said:

I wonder if LO could reach out to some twitch streamers with large followings. Offer an incentive for them to play and hopefully bring their viewers along with them. Obviously this would need to be done after the engine-update is out and is in a somewhat polished state. I guess this just comes under the whole 'marketing' idea.

for sure they will do it, streamers are equal to instagram influencers, but their influence is way stronger

30 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Ye we need tiggs to kiss patootie to summit1g.

Though I would not mind if a newer MMO in the future  is somewhat like apb reloaded but better comes out.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This year? 

Next year?

Last for another decade?

Personally I am betting 2022. Maybe later in the year. Engine update will come out and the game will still die.

Alternative is LO moves on, stops supporting APB after realising it isn't going anywhere, and has to do something else to save their company. So APB just sits there alive until the servers dwindle to 50 people and 2030 rolls around for the final coffin.

idk depends how much money they're spending on servers and other stuff, feels like they can keep the game going til citadel drops to 100 pop avg. also, most people quit the game for months or even years, then come back for a couple of days/weeks/months, just to eventually quit again. it's called the Scaper Effect.

all ik is that i feel a little bad for the CEO guy because unsung story seems to be having a rough launch, while apb gamers keep leaving cus others are leaving, creating a domino effect where literally everyone hates playing against the same 1 or 2 people so they just up and leave. 

not a good look, Matthew Phillip Scott. better roll out that untextured fan-made midtown map into a third district, I can guarantee at least half the people who've left would come back just to try it. waterfront is awful and financial is bland. 

44 minutes ago, owzzy said:

ik that summit1g and shroud talked about how they'd love to try APB again after an engine update, but summit said something abt not wanting to stream the game at all because griefing is way too easy to do and it makes the game impossible to stream. wonder if LO will ever get around to that mission instancing tech they wanted to implement after the engine update, would def help with this issue.

Edited by claude
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This year? 

Next year?

Last for another decade?

Engine update will come out and the game will still die.

Hopefully not anytime soon.

EU is only part of the possible revival. Population has been dwindling for years due to toxic community who has driven large amounts of new players away, G1/RP didn't bat an eye to protect new players.

Lack of content and performance issues are another thing, these things are significantly smaller issues compared to damages caused by toxic selfish part of the community.

• Like 2

All you people wondering when this game will eventually die seem to have missed the fact that it's already dead.

Any game where the active playerbase is measured in the hundreds is beyond redemption.

You may think I'm gloating here but I'm not, I'm actually really saddened by this, I spent quite a lot of money on this game and it was one of the most fun multiplayer games I've ever played. However it was pretty obvious soon after LO took over that they had no chance of resurrecting APB:R, they simply lacked the talent/experience to pull it off, they had a very small window in which to turn things around but they blew it with a series of quite fundamental blunders. After that it was just a matter of time, the law of diminishing returns kicked in and it's been downhill ever since.

RIP APB you will be missed. 😞

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This year? 

Next year?

Last for another decade?

when EA buys APB...

12 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

its already been sold mate, little orbit can't resell something they no longer own

Who bought it?

41 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Who bought it?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

They sold the brand not APB Reloaded back then(if thats even true)

5 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

They sold the brand not APB Reloaded back then(if thats even true)

they sold the ip which means they no longer own apb reloaded or any of its assets afaik, they retain development/creative control over the game apb reloaded specifically but because unit game owns the ip i'd assume they have the final say in any potential change of ownership

of course i could be wrong, but even if orbit can sell their creative control over apb reloaded what kind of company would want to buy a game that they don't own and can't expand beyond?

if they're remaking fallen earth, which was even more dead than apb then they probably won't give up on apb so easy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

gambling is bad

Don't you esports gamble/bet though?

10 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

All you people wondering when this game will eventually die seem to have missed the fact that it's already dead.

I am talking dead dead. Like servers shut down.

5 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

they sold the ip which means they no longer own apb reloaded or any of its assets afaik, they retain development/creative control over the game apb reloaded specifically but because unit game owns the ip i'd assume they have the final say in any potential change of ownership

of course i could be wrong, but even if orbit can sell their creative control over apb reloaded what kind of company would want to buy a game that they don't own and can't expand beyond?

They kept the rights to APB Reloaded and can do whatever they want with it, they just can't make new stuff under the APB brand. Did you even read the post?

2 minutes ago, Crusadeer said:

They kept the rights to APB Reloaded and can do whatever they want with it, they just can't make new stuff under the APB brand. Did you even read the post?

unit games owns the ip but little orbit essentially got free licensing rights baked into the sales contract, so orbit can't sell apb reloaded because even tho they're allowed to develop the game as they wish unit game is ultimately the owner

RePatch to 2012.

Sold.

1milion players in 2 weeks.

Fun allowed again.

/solved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

RePatch to 2012.

Sold.

1milion players in 2 weeks.

Fun allowed again.

/solved.

But APb didn't even hit 1 million players back then?

if anything like fallen earth. there gonna try, go oh shit this isnt working and shut the game down to work on it...then years will pass with no word