Sign in to follow this  
R3ACT3M

Where's the tracking the engine posts?

The last post was on: December 1, 2020

I know we had a beta in between the above date and today's date. But It really is feeling like hope is lost.

I for sure prefer (as much as I hate it) "another hard and frustrating week working on the engine" over nothing at all.

Not even a single post on how the beta ran (I am well aware that less than 10 people actually tried it this time)

Oh well, apb 2.1 soon™ I guess

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

The last post was on: December 1, 2020

I know we had a beta in between the above date and today's date. But It really is feeling like hope is lost.

I for sure prefer (as much as I hate it) "another hard and frustrating week working on the engine" over nothing at all.

Not even a single post on how the beta ran (I am well aware that less than 10 people actually tried it this time)

Oh well, apb 2.1 soon™ I guess

You know what , this engine thing has been talked to death. When it comes out, your going to be underwhelmed by it anyway. Its not going to be the second coming.

We got a news post on the 16th explaining that they were working on the first half of the month, and the second half was well, Christmas and New Years. Sure, it's January 10th and Friday has passed and I'd like an update too, but I don't think that means the engine work isn't still happening by the devs working on it

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

It was kind of disappointing we didn't get a full 40v40, but I can personally promise you it was more than 10 people
There's 18 replies to this thread, I dont know what you're talking about with 'not a single post' because that thread is where the feedback goes

5 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

You know what , this engine thing has been talked to death. When it comes out, your going to be underwhelmed by it anyway. Its not going to be the second coming.

I was among the few that actually tried the recent beta, and have to say it has so much potential. I have never thought of it as the second coming. I more so think of it as once this upgrade happens then the real work can begin.

4 hours ago, Gusvato3080 said:

Honestly, at this point I just want a functional game to play with my friends again

The game just bores me at this point. Although more balanced none of the guns feel fun to play. Guess that's what you get for nerfing everything. A general buff to every gun could work

3 hours ago, Acornie said:

We got a news post on the 16th explaining that they were working on the first half of the month, and the second half was well, Christmas and New Years. Sure, it's January 10th and Friday has passed and I'd like an update too, but I don't think that means the engine work isn't still happening by the devs working on it

I'm also not trying to say that they aren't working on it, just feels like it's a bad idea to keep us in the dark on the engine progress on the technical side is not a wise idea. But then again, if the next post actually tells us something to be excited about I suppose that would be worth waiting for.

Like, having one mega post with every fix/feature rather than mini posts.

It was kind of disappointing we didn't get a full 40v40, but I can personally promise you it was more than 10 people

Yea I only got on once for ~15min and was with only one other I think maybe a tried a second time and was alone.

There's 18 replies to this thread, I dont know what you're talking about with 'not a single post' because that thread is where the feedback goes

I meant by Matt himself. I know he did it before, talking about what people said about the beta and what they plan to tackle next. That's what I mean by 'not a single post'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Yea I only got on once for ~15min and was with only one other I think maybe a tried a second time and was alone.

I did assume you meant the days after the stress test, but to say less than 10 and not count the stress test where at least over 50 people were on seems disingenuous. Not many people got on after the stress, no. But it do be like that, at least people get to hop on and look around

4 hours ago, Acornie said:

I did assume you meant the days after the stress test, but to say less than 10 and not count the stress test where at least over 50 people were on seems disingenuous. Not many people got on after the stress, no. But it do be like that, at least people get to hop on and look around

Hmm, could of sworn I did get on during the stress test. Must have missed it.

In the blog for last beta there was update.After that everybody must be on vacations till today..i think from today they must be back to work.

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

Hmm, could of sworn I did get on during the stress test. Must have missed it.

(not to keep this going but hey, what else is there to do on the forums: I went and checked Kempington's stream, so it was at least 46 🙂)
unknown.png

Most likely more people concurrently watching him at that time than actually on the beta but that's ok, no matter how ironic that may be

Edited by Acornie

Didn't have my usual gear to test the Beta but the stress test was fun and there were a lot more than 10 people there! ;P

12 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

In the blog for last beta there was update.After that everybody must be on vacations till today..i think from today they must be back to work.

Do you have a link perhaps? I feel silly for missing it.

11 hours ago, Acornie said:

(not to keep this going but hey, what else is there to do on the forums: I went and checked Kempington's stream, so it was at least 46 🙂)

11 hours ago, tuktukdriver said:

Didn't have my usual gear to test the Beta but the stress test was fun and there were a lot more than 10 people there! 😜

Yea I really must have missed the stress test. Maybe I knew or didn't know it was the day before I tried the beta 😛

Well it's good to hear that I am wrong that only 10 people tried it XD

MattScott 

LAST VISITED

December 30, 2020

Ive been by to check the forum. wondering the same thing. Figured things are a little behind sched perhaps in regards to posting but happy to wait patiently.

5 hours ago, greenfield said:

devs have holidays as well, cmon guys.

If I have time to get on apb forums and work my job, why can't matt?

Jokes aside

It's comforting to know that they are just on break and not holding out on something

On 1/10/2021 at 12:07 PM, R3ACT3M said:

But It really is feeling like hope is lost.

28-jack-sparrow-quotes.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Just kidding... but idk why ppl are so emotionally hung up on this game's current state tho. I get loving the game, but you literally said it bores you.

Like, why are you guys still here? Genuine question, cause I've never felt APB deserved my loyalty over this insane amount of time of basically zero progress.

15 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

28-jack-sparrow-quotes.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Just kidding... but idk why ppl are so emotionally hung up on this game's current state tho. I get loving the game, but you literally said it bores you.

Like, why are you guys still here? Genuine question, cause I've never felt APB deserved my loyalty over this insane amount of time of basically zero progress.

I don't really play too much since I hit 255 on one of my characters. I love the overall idea of the game, but a combination of no new content past 255 + fighting the same people on NA is a drag.

I don't claim that the engine is the savior of the game, but I do believe once they can push it out, they can start making really QOL tweaks.

I do feel like weapon balance is great, but none of the guns are fun to play. They all feel weak and based off luck rather than skill. I whole heartedly believe in making the guns more accurate but increasing recoil would make combat much more engaging.

Cause like I said the game is good, gun combat just leaves much to be desired now.

Also my gf hates apb...but at the same time took pleasure in watching me play the christmas event, even more specifically the prototype sniper part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most likely because sharing ANY info with you trolls was a bad idea from the start, and previous owners know why.

Let's hope next release will get a good guess for its quality DDOS time investors.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vnight said:

Most likely because sharing ANY info with you trolls was a bad idea from the start, and previous owners know why.

Let's hope next release will get a good guess for its quality DDOS time investors.

Honestly im all for more relevant posts than minor updates, id rather wait months and get a post saying all the improvements than every week saying more or less the same.

Just kinda seems like the whole posting at all disappeared so I was only wondering while being dramatic at the same time

13 hours ago, Vnight said:

I rather have them being transparent then being whatever the silent never-saying previous owners were.

If we have to do assumptions it just makes things worse and a lot of misinformation will float which is still a problem to this day.

• Like 1

IKSHEY2.png

He is like my 2 dads, suddenly gone 
Now I am lonely again, sad, what should I do? 😢

r/Advice

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vnight said:

I disagree.
WAs a genial idea.
better than fake screenshot photoshopped.

Sign in to follow this