The last couple of months has been pretty crazy for the APB community. So many old players are coming back from the unbans and so many new players are trying the game for the first time, we're hitting population levels higher than ever in the past two years. APB received it's first update in over a year and a half iirc. LO has people's attention and a great deal of hope is being placed in them. Things are changing at a way faster pace then it was a year ago, but for better or for worse has yet to be determined. 

Everything so far points towards progress so with that in mind what are some of the biggest changes that you guys are looking forward to seeing in APB with the coming months/years? 

Obviously an engine update is in need, so before they really decide to add anything major to the game it should most likely wait till post engine update.

But personally I'm hoping that after the update we see at least a handful of new cars. Not super sport luxury or anything of the sort. Just maybe a bigger verity of civilian cars. More compacts, sedans, SUVs and trucks. Or even at least different kits/models for the existing ones.

I feel a weapon rebalance should be a thing, not suggesting what should be rebalanced though. Maybe a wider array of weapons too? I know we have a lot right now but the majority of them are remeshes. Honestly, ask yourself, in your weapon lockers, from Loyalty rewards and the likes, how many damn remeshes do you have? Sword, PDW, C9 and PSR. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. And two of them are the same thing!

So definitely adding weapons just to bring something new to use into the game would be nice. Given they aren't ARMAs or Joker Distribution guns. Gotta make something new for the common man right? Something to get people to work towards.

New cars from contacts would be nice. Unlike the Growl that was supposed to be for everyone turned out to be a half a mil sad mess that didn't have any other slot variants besides freebie 2 slot or premium 4 slot. (As far as I know, and I even bought Pack of Rev on launch for acc bound). Oh and the Coywolf is only available to free players though a massive grind and it's not even customize-able. And this is coming from someone who owns two of them for both his crim and enf.

Again, just spit balling ideas. As always, curious to hear what you guys think.

TL;DR Want new civ cars that are available to FTP and P2P gamers alike. Same with weapons, More unique weapons that aren't remeshes and a weapon balance.

Edited by Trivirium
Added LT;DR
  • Like 1

I think engine update should be our priority. Other stuff is will be added to game later. There is so much work to do for LO. We cant expect them to do all of it at the same time. I know game has some problems but we need little bit more patience. After the engine update, everything is will be fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

tl:dr; 

what do you guys want to see in the game's future?

for OP's part, new cars and weapons (non-reskins), also more non-paid stuff you can work towards it.

1154-1.jpg

ill take whatever orbit gives us, since i dont really have a choice

hopefully its good stuff

I would love to see something along the lines of an MRAP, considering a lot of police departments in the US have them now.  A super slow, yet extremely hard to destroy vehicle. Most cars/vans/trucks in game are way too easy to blow up.

13 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

I would love to see something along the lines of an MRAP, considering a lot of police departments in the US have them now.  A super slow, yet extremely hard to destroy vehicle. Most cars/vans/trucks in game are way too easy to blow up.

No. Just no. I can imagine that a osmaw VIP guy is stand top of this MRAP and run away while spamming rockets. Plase no.

Paragraphs, my brother.

I'd love to see some expansion on the lore of the game and new characters, maybe small storyline events that cause the maps to change in drastic ways. A bombing of a building causing a block's worth of devastation, the highway being completed in Financial with new jumps and routes to take, things like that. Remember when the skatepark got added in? That was a wild month of people pulling crazy stunts for the fun of it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScmachingCube said:

No. Just no. I can imagine that a osmaw VIP guy is stand top of this MRAP and run away while spamming rockets. Plase no.

That's kind of the purpose of it being slow as dogshit....  If you started using it to run, it would be fairly easy for the enemy team to catch up to you and just spam the ever-living shit out of you with rockets/LMG fire.  It wouldn't suit the role of "escape vehicle" very well.

i would like some lore progression.. some characters dying, new ones appearing.. twists. would be kewl.

Story driven by enforcer/criminal performance

The Nun Outfit should be the first thing they work on... before the engineupdate, before finishing BE. FIRST THING. This is what will make or break this game!

also wasnt it sorta implied that Aletta was killed off?

I think weapon variation is really good right now, with reskins to break up the monotony and a good number of weapons well suited for every engagement. A few things could be tweaked a bit, like the NTEC being the  overall best weapon. But overall the rock-paper-scissors game of weapon range and fire-rate is really good. Only thing I'd say is there should be more ability for new/low level players to mess around with modding their guns. Getting slotted weapons and mods for them comes very slowly and doesn't allow much room for playing around (outside of test server)

Cars is where I think a BIG change needs to happen. Right now the only cars worth using are the Vegas, Pioneer, Fresno, Micro and Espacio. Anything outside these vehicles is either seldom seen or simply not worth using. Instead of adding more cars, I think the existing cars should be reworked into either sucking less, or the "top tier" being less good. Speed doesn't matter much, versus factors like acceleration, torque, and push ability, so currently the cars that can't just plow through everything (Vegas, Pioneer, Fresno) are just not worth using. More missions should center around cars/driving/chases/etc.

This brings up the next point: missions. Currently cars are in a sad state because you seldom have to use them except to get from point A to point B. People complain about "running bitches" and all sorts of nonsense, when back in the day car chases were much more common and much more fun. More missions should involve holding a vehicle, running/driving, or transporting things. Some attack/defend missions are okay, but spraying/breaking in/burning shit gets old after a while. Same with mission phases, the last mission phase coming down to item hold/gang war/vip is somewhat stale and could be changed up to either EARLIER in the mission or altered in a way such that the VIP has to go to a certain place. The item has to stay mobile, a vehicle has to be driven through several checkpoints etc.

APB's strength isn't in being a competitive shooter with balanced teams. It's strength is from being dynamic, mixing vehicles, asymmetric teams, and varied weapons in with asymmetric missions. I think it's time we rediscovered that a little bit. Rather than having 3/4 of our missions be a slug fest in the alleys/streets, MORE people should run with the item. More people should fight for control of a building. 

People consider running with the item to be cheap because you can't really counter it without:

Car detonator and/or a ramming vehicle

Fast vehicle and car surfing ALIG/OSMAW or a dog ear (as it's the only car killer that can lean out the window), or

Setting up along their route and hoping they run into you and you blow them up in time

2/3 of these options are gated to players below 195, because car detonator is not available below that, and the ALIG/OSMAW cannot be used out of a window (rightfully so), this leaves only

A. Paying money or doing enough activities/fight club to have enough joker tickets to renew your dog ear every week (I think it can be bought with joker tickets?)

or

B. Hoping your enemy makes a mistake large enough for you to capitalize on and turn the mission around with

Encouraging running away (VIP missions/the van capture mission) only further adds to the gatekeeping that a new player has to go through, and solidifies the advantage of the R195 mods/weapons. No thanks.

Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Similarities said:

People consider running with the item to be cheap because you can't really counter it without:

Fast vehicle and car surfing ALIG/OSMAW or a dog ear (as it's the only car killer that can lean out the window), or

Setting up along their route and hoping they run into you and you blow them up in time

2/3 of these options are gated to players below 195, because car detonator is not available below that, and the ALIG/OSMAW cannot be used out of a window (rightfully so), this leaves only

A. Paying money or doing enough activities/fight club to have enough joker tickets to renew your dog ear every week (I think it can be bought with joker tickets?)

or

B. Hoping your enemy makes a mistake large enough for you to capitalize on and turn the mission around with

Encouraging running away (VIP missions/the van capture mission) only further adds to the gatekeeping that a new player has to go through, and solidifies the advantage of the R195 mods/weapons. No thanks.

Car surfer is available for not a lot of joker tickets, but I think it should be a MUCH lower tier mod. Something along the lines of 80, like Clotting3 or so. Futhermore, having been playing this game for years before car surf was a thing, its very possible to stop cars with JUST an ALIG or volume of fire. Chasing cars and lighting them up with rifles works wonders, especially because cars with items/vip are slowed down. Or JUST jumping out and hitting it with ALIG without car surf. Which further brings up the other cars. Only pioneer/espacio should be able to survive a significant amount of bullets, but the new Vegases are absolute bullet sponges. This should not be.

Also, the game is already favorable toward experienced players. Knowing all the fortifiable spots to fight at and roof accesses doesn't make it any more fair. I'm not really sorry for that. Map knowledge is absolutely something that comes with playing the game. But I think more variety than "stand here and shoot" is better.

Edited by Happymrsnowman

2 hours ago, SelttikS said:

The Nun Outfit should be the first thing they work on... before the engineupdate, before finishing BE. FIRST THING. This is what will make or break this game!

not even a little bit

To add to my point: Car surf can be unlocked in joker shop for levels under 195 for $750/J250. I think it should be available to players sooner than195 anyways, but that's just me. ALIG always wrecked cars, Car Surf just makes it way better, but its not necessary. JG wrecks cars, HVR wrecks cars, DMR wrecks cars, 2 mags from most assault rifles (which can be fired out of windows) wrecks cars.

I simply don't buy that blowing up a car is a difficult thing to do, seeing as it happens all the goddamn time, and not to the OSMAW.

9 hours ago, SelttikS said:

Oh? I thought she escaped?

7 hours ago, Similarities said:

or

Car detonator is hard to catch a moving target with (speaking generally, a slow vehicle is easy, especially if you use brick and have your bomb chase them down). Unless you meant ramming them, stopping them then blowing them sky high. Both of which require your vehicle to not blow up before you get to them. I prefer the ALIG tactic. I have a 3 slot modded and ready to go at all times just for that (and any missions where large objects/vehicles need to be moved by the opposition)

2 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Oh? I thought she escaped?

Yeah i reread some of the old emails, she went underground rogue to do her special ops thing or something.

And yeah you don't need car surfer or a rocket to deal with runners. Fast car and an alig will take care of it pretty fast.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Yeah i reread some of the old emails, she went underground rogue to do her special ops thing or something.

And yeah you don't need car surfer or a rocket to deal with runners. Fast car and an alig will take care of it pretty fast.

I pair the ALIG with car surfer, dealing with a runner without car surfer means I need a full team of sharpshooters leaning out of my armoured Pioneer while I serve like a mofo dodging rockets.

Unless the other team is well organized you can hop out of your car and alig melt them before they usually react. But yeah when someone is rocket ridding the runner you gotta take them out, just melt the car faster so everyone dies

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Similarities said:

or

this This THIS!!!

I'll just wait and see. I'm excited to see the engine upgrade being worked on again and the anti cheat being revamped. All in all I just want the game to run smoother, look better, and be more balanced and enjoyable to play.

Other than that new content would be nice, but I'd prefer them to focus on optimizing and fixing the core foundation of the game.