Just asking if the servers are still getting ddosed daily because every minute I'm sliding like a mf, sometimes even so hard that I can slide off my hood of the car after just taking one step forward

Haven't seen lags for a few weeks. Sounds like it might possibly be the 144+fps slide bug, or your internet.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:52 PM, owzzy said:

Haven't seen lags for a few weeks. Sounds like it might possibly be the 144+fps slide bug, or your internet.

I had 144+ fps for a few weeks now, never had an issue. 

I thought of my internet too, but it's kinda hard to believe if I have 900k+ download speed and usually around 15 ms ping.

The issue with sliding around began only maybe a week max ago. 

Merged.

It might be the bug you mentioned, even though I don't understand how it didn't appear much earlier. 

Someone care to explain in which file I cap my fps again? 

2 hours ago, UwUMaster666 said:

It might be the bug you mentioned, even though I don't understand how it didn't appear much earlier. 

Someone care to explain in which file I cap my fps again? 

enable 'smooth fps' in-game might fix it?

i THINK that caps fps, but i could be wrong.

It does cap it, but it caps it at 60/62. But if I can get easily 144 fps it doesn't really make sense if I just could cap it at 143 or smth through the (config?) files.

Rivatuner Statistics Server is my favorite for limiting fps.

Or If you have a nvidia card, there's a "Max Frame Rate" option in the control panel, but it feel like it gives me input lag.

13 minutes ago, UwUMaster666 said:

It does cap it, but it caps it at 60/62. But if I can get easily 144 fps it doesn't really make sense if I just could cap it at 143 or smth through the (config?) files.

Hello,

The sliding "bug" appears due having a constant and consistent  frame rate of 128 fps or above. This is not network lag. This is your client rendering the game within those two variables (both are needed to start sliding), the only solution for you to fix this is to either cap your frame rate using Nvidia control panel or the use of external frame rate tools like Rivatuner statistics server (bundled with MSi afterburner) to 128 fps or lower. I have performed many tests as to why this bug happens and how to prevent this but I did hear others needed different frame rates to make it stop happening, I don't think this is true and my statement on 128 fps seems to apply to most systems.

This is different from network "lag", network lag is when you're rubber banding where you get pushed back or forth depending on where the server saw you last time and is likely the cause of ddos/network attacks or server performance problems. There is a lot that goes into wither or not a server is being ddosed or not and that is hard to see for us players unless we get very high latency, lots of packet loss, or server tick rate going up - this goes for everyone in the district.
If only you are experiencing these problems then the problem is likely your route towards the server or the ISPs networking infrastructure.

Hope I informed you a little bit in how or why this is how it works, unfortunately the cause of the bug is probably very deep engine level coding.

Example of the sliding (on the APB open beta this time, but the same thing applies to Live client.)

3 minutes ago, The_Boss said:

Rivatuner Statistics Server is my favorite for limiting fps.

Or If you have a nvidia card, there's a "Max Frame Rate" option in the control panel, but it feel like it gives me input lag.

It doesn't, it's the same method RTSS uses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Hello,

The sliding "bug" appears due having a constant and consistent  frame rate of 128 fps or above. This is not network lag. This is your client rendering the game within those two variables (both are needed to start sliding), the only solution for you to fix this is to either cap your frame rate using Nvidia control panel or the use of external frame rate tools like Rivatuner statistics server (bundled with MSi afterburner) to 128 fps or lower. I have performed many tests as to why this bug happens and how to prevent this but I did hear others needed different frame rates to make it stop happening, I don't think this is true and my statement on 128 fps seems to apply to most systems.

This is different from network "lag", network lag is when you're rubber banding where you get pushed back or forth depending on where the server saw you last time and is likely the cause of ddos/network attacks or server performance problems. There is a lot that goes into wither or not a server is being ddosed or not and that is hard to see for us players unless we get very high latency, lots of packet loss, or server tick rate going up - this goes for everyone in the district.
If only you are experiencing these problems then the problem is likely your route towards the server or the ISPs networking infrastructure.

Hope I informed you a little bit in how or why this is how it works, unfortunately the cause of the bug is probably very deep engine level coding.

Example of the sliding (on the APB open beta this time, but the same thing applies to Live client.)

Thanks for the replies. The video shows exactly what I'm experiencing, though can I cap it at 143 to fix it or do I have to go lower?

2 minutes ago, UwUMaster666 said:

Thanks for the replies. The video shows exactly what I'm experiencing, though can I cap it at 143 to fix it or do I have to go lower?

Unfortunately you'll have to use 128 fps to completely stop it from happening (in my experience). I tried every possible value from 129 to 144 and it kept on happening, the higher just seemed to slide for longer durations.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Hello,

Me and all my friends don’t have such a problem when we cap the game to 144.0. For me personally, I noticed that the bug appears when my client jumps above 144.0 to any other number like 144.1, but never when it’s always 144.0

I guess I'll try both 144 and 128, though I was still slightly sliding at 143 capped. 

Again, thx for the replies.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lign said:

Me and all my friends don’t have such a problem when we cap the game to 144.0. For me personally, I noticed that the bug appears when my client jumps above 144.0 to any other number like 144.1, but never when it’s always 144.0

Please refer back to my post, I specifically stated "constant and consistent frame rate of 128 fps or above". On systems that can generate 144fps but not with a lot of consistency will not produce the sliding. This is further amplified with the less players in the district and or specific location you are located in.
I've performed tests on i9 9900K @ 5.2 GHz (a very modern processor with a lot of Instructions Per Clock where APB benefits from) as well as on a Ryzen 3950X (my own system processor) - rarely does the GPU matter in APB's case, it mostly does the resolution of the game and some other minor aspects. Gaining FPS in APB is *mostly* based on the processor's IPC performance and frequency speed.

Having 144 fps but at a inconsistent frame rate (+frametime) results in the bug not appearing meaning it only happens if you get 144.3 FPS ~all the time.
Getting 144.0, 144.3, 144.9, 144.5 doesn't seem to trigger the bug.

Hope this informed you a little further in the technical details or observations.

20 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Please refer back to my post, I specifically stated "constant and consistent frame rate of 128 fps or above". On systems that can generate 144fps but not with a lot of consistency will not produce the sliding. This is further amplified with the less players in the district and or specific location you are located in.
I've performed tests on i9 9900K @ 5.2 GHz (a very modern processor with a lot of Instructions Per Clock where APB benefits from) as well as on a Ryzen 3950X (my own system processor) - rarely does the GPU matter in APB's case, it mostly does the resolution of the game and some other minor aspects. Gaining FPS in APB is *mostly* based on the processor's IPC performance and frequency speed.

Having 144 fps but at a inconsistent frame rate (+frametime) results in the bug not appearing meaning it only happens if you get 144.3 FPS ~all the time.
Getting 144.0, 144.3, 144.9, 144.5 doesn't seem to trigger the bug.

Hope this informed you a little further in the technical details or observations.

I also made a lot of tests on my pc, and I managed to have consistent 144.0 in empty district without triggering that bug. I also tried to set cap for 144.1 .2 and .3 and when it jumps to .1 I manage to trigger that bug

3 minutes ago, UwUMaster666 said:

Update: I had to cap it at 128 like Kyouki said.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it helped.

• Thanks 1