Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood7098

When are we going to get stack splitting back?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

 

We are turning back on stack splitting. It was a stop-gap measure to buy some time while we dug into the code to see if we could get the issue corrected. Upon further reflecting the lack of stack splitting is doing more damage than good, so it's being added back in.

 

Sorry about that,

Matt

As a crafter main, you are now my new favorite person.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I spoke too soon. A couple issues were just brought to my attention. Unfortunately we are going to pause turning back on stack splitting, but I’m looking into other alternatives to help alleviate the issues.

 

Thanks,

Matt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

I spoke too soon. A couple issues were just brought to my attention. Unfortunately we are going to pause turning back on stack splitting, but I’m looking into other alternatives to help alleviate the issues.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Yeah just turning it back on without a fix will be bad, the lag will be back and the ingame economy ruined. But we need a temp fix very fast.

 

Did read the posts discord, and just remember that most you talked with there is the old veterans both PvE, crafters and PvPers.

 

As a returning player in a clan with lots of low level players the limit on weight is the major problem for em all, as there is lots of things a new player need to craft both to gear up, make ammo and doing quests. And as a low level player the weight limit is 50kg, that's 2 stacks of any ore or metals. It limits most to just stand around in a craft shop to see the timer tick down as the bag is full and you cant quest or gather. This will drive players away.

 

A temp solution is needed ASAP, or all the new players trying out the game will leave, it picked up lots of players with Little Orbit taking over.

 

Increasing base weight limit is 1 solution, or lowering the weight off all the materials is another, but that is 100s of items to edit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a full page of replies trying to understand wtf splitting and duping are and when did we ever have them, and what inventory is stackable... until I realized I'm on the wrong damned forum (APB player) :))

I'm glad you guys are seeing improvements as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 1:22 AM, McHondy said:

Yeah just turning it back on without a fix will be bad, the lag will be back and the ingame economy ruined. But we need a temp fix very fast.

 

Did read the posts discord, and just remember that most you talked with there is the old veterans both PvE, crafters and PvPers.

 

As a returning player in a clan with lots of low level players the limit on weight is the major problem for em all, as there is lots of things a new player need to craft both to gear up, make ammo and doing quests. And as a low level player the weight limit is 50kg, that's 2 stacks of any ore or metals. It limits most to just stand around in a craft shop to see the timer tick down as the bag is full and you cant quest or gather. This will drive players away.

 

A temp solution is needed ASAP, or all the new players trying out the game will leave, it picked up lots of players with Little Orbit taking over.

 

Increasing base weight limit is 1 solution, or lowering the weight off all the materials is another, but that is 100s of items to edit.

Pack weight limit is probably the safest and quickest way for a temporary solution, unless things are coded so badly that those numbers are in a bunch of places, or referenced in weird ways. Either of which I'm sure is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a game where you have limited slots/carry weight, stack management in crucial. Hoping they're able to resolve soon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:20 AM, forrower said:

Stack splitting is a priority for me. What are you trying to say?

Ignore Prometheus2011, he has no secret inter knowledge of whats going on inside of LOs office. Im quite confident that the issue that lead to stack splitting being disabled is of high priority to them. The ramifications of the issue is extremely damaging to the future economy/health of FE. We are just going to have to cut them some slack as they are fighting a uphill battle. Not only are they having to back step thru undocumented code... it is a fact that FE was not coded very well from day one (if it was then these kinds of issues wouldn't of gone on for years.) Personally I don't see this being fixed anytime soon.
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, RaptorOne said:

In a game where you have limited slots/carry weight, stack management in crucial. Hoping they're able to resolve soon. 

To be fair they did adjust the weight parameters as a band aid. While it is annoying, the merchant sell/buyback work around takes less than a minute. It bites but we can live with it for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Stack splitting has been a game function since the beginning. I understand it has been recently on hold due to cheaters.  When will it be returned? If it is not going to be returned please do us the courtesy of telling us so. I do think we have waited long enough for either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Two threads with the same topic merged)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mutarenebula said:

Any current information as to when stack splitting will be functionable again?

Yeah, can we have a update on this?

My premiums are not going to be renewed, even with the increased wight it's to much hassle to run around using the merchant workaround.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this topic going to be addressed during the q and a session that is scheduled for Sept 8th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you can't manage with the quite large amount of inventory space that there already is in the game, along with the boost that they've already given to strength to carry more. If you can't adapt to that, I have not a clue how you even make it through life without adapting to change. I craft, probably more than some "crafter mains" I have ZERO issues with managing inventory space or even really needing to split stacks. The power boost has only benefited me really, crafting multiple queue of car parts. Stop whining and adapt to the current game.

They probably have all of 3 devs maybe working on this game if we're lucky. Sadly the people who cry aimbots in FE have shifted their focus to an anti cheat system that in my opinion, isn't really needed. None the less not being able to split stacks isn't a huge issue, its a tiny annoyance, that's about it. 

Edited by Jdred
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jdred said:

If you can't manage with the quite large amount of inventory space that there already is in the game, along with the boost that they've already given to strength to carry more. If you can't adapt to that, I have not a clue how you even make it through life without adapting to change.

 

This is a game we are talking about. I play this for fun, I don't have to adapt to anything. Any obstacle in the way of me having fun is directly detrimental to the value of this product as a game. Therefore I have the right to complain about the obstacles they present in gameplay.

I suggest you refrain from commenting about the way people live their lives from the clues you pick up from a gaming forum. It is wrong and meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 6:22 AM, Mutarenebula said:

Is this topic going to be addressed during the q and a session that is scheduled for Sept 8th?

Yes. Sorry for not being more responsive.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, forrower said:

This is a game we are talking about. I play this for fun, I don't have to adapt to anything. Any obstacle in the way of me having fun is directly detrimental to the value of this product as a game. Therefore I have the right to complain about the obstacles they present in gameplay.

I suggest you refrain from commenting about the way people live their lives from the clues you pick up from a gaming forum. It is wrong and meaningless.
Its a VERY small annoyance that plagues the game as of current, in a game filled with a ton more issues than just stack splitting. Again, they probably have all of three people working on this game currently, would you rather them spend god knows how long trying to fix stack splitting in the current game or trying to port the game over to a new engine where it would be a TON easier to fix issues that have plagued the game since launch. I'd almost rather them turn stack splitting back on just to see the crying that the server needs a restart every other hour. Unfortunately FE doesn't have the luxury of having a large dev team like most MMO's. So yes, adapting to the current way things are would probably be the best option, or they could spend weeks to months trying to figure out the stack splitting issue with no results, and have no progress in any which direction. Sure, it'd be nice if it were fixed, but in the grand scheme of things it is not a huge issue. And for those of you who say you love FE but then turn around and go "well I'm not going to sub until splitting is fixed" good job, you are only securing FE's death.
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jdred said:
21 hours ago, forrower said:

This is a game we are talking about. I play this for fun, I don't have to adapt to anything. Any obstacle in the way of me having fun is directly detrimental to the value of this product as a game. Therefore I have the right to complain about the obstacles they present in gameplay.

I suggest you refrain from commenting about the way people live their lives from the clues you pick up from a gaming forum. It is wrong and meaningless.
Its a VERY small annoyance that plagues the game as of current, in a game filled with a ton more issues than just stack splitting. Again, they probably have all of three people working on this game currently, would you rather them spend god knows how long trying to fix stack splitting in the current game or trying to port the game over to a new engine where it would be a TON easier to fix issues that have plagued the game since launch. I'd almost rather them turn stack splitting back on just to see the crying that the server needs a restart every other hour. Unfortunately FE doesn't have the luxury of having a large dev team like most MMO's. So yes, adapting to the current way things are would probably be the best option, or they could spend weeks to months trying to figure out the stack splitting issue with no results, and have no progress in any which direction. Sure, it'd be nice if it were fixed, but in the grand scheme of things it is not a huge issue. And for those of you who say you love FE but then turn around and go "well I'm not going to sub until splitting is fixed" good job, you are only securing FE's death.
If you expect me to read this without proper capitalization and lack of paragraphs, oh boy you are wrong.
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 1:07 AM, Jdred said:

If you can't manage with the quite large amount of inventory space that there already is in the game, along with the boost that they've already given to strength to carry more. If you can't adapt to that, I have not a clue how you even make it through life without adapting to change. I craft, probably more than some "crafter mains" I have ZERO issues with managing inventory space or even really needing to split stacks. The power boost has only benefited me really, crafting multiple queue of car parts. Stop whining and adapt to the current game.

They probably have all of 3 devs maybe working on this game if we're lucky. Sadly the people who cry aimbots in FE have shifted their focus to an anti cheat system that in my opinion, isn't really needed. None the less not being able to split stacks isn't a huge issue, its a tiny annoyance, that's about it. 


Ohh, I did 'adapt', by going freemium and casual.

This is about a function that was TEMPORARY turned off. And about the complete silence from LO about it. As long as it's still temporary off so am I.

Until we get a answer on what's happening, if it will come back, gone forever etc, my involvement will be logging in a few times a week just to get my small FE fix, and that's it for me.

When (or if) we get a statement from LO on it I will adapt to that, how will be decided then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I discussed stack splitting in the live stream today. We are working on bringing it back - there is no intention to permenantly disable it. But the issue for removing it is all throughout the code, so it is taking some time to fix.

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×