Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood7098

When are we going to get stack splitting back?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Then there is a doubt, i'll bring clarity.

P.S. - Guess what? Never ever tried to. So yeah, talking bout prejudice...:classic_dry: Btw, that's the purpose of this place - pps talking to each other etc, or what - i can't comment ur comment for whatever reason? Nice try:classic_wink:

Edited by Creeping Vulture
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, NysekZePope said:

Lag is only a factor in some dupes, the most common dupe was indeed with splitting which did not require lag.

Yet when I reported it, then bashed Tiggs for claiming it was still there... she dropped a ban hammer since nothing (still) was being done 5 years after the exploit was reported.

Split "is" broken, but not because it splits... it's what can be done with it.

 you are back in game? i was thinking you were banned lol.

 

i think about quit some weight to mats will help actual state till dupes are repaired.

 

I dont have any idea how people did dupe, or how worked and i dont want to know, is really tard to do that, but if split is main cause of do it, best way is not put split again till exploit is repaired.

 

Game is already dead by dupes, if is allowed split again, people will dupe again and economy will fall dowm more than actually is ( actually is 90% dead).

 

Another thing is to "DELETE" all items duped, i know people can say they bought legit that item but is not FAIR a item NO LEGIT remain in game ( here enter chips and items)

 

If items NO LEGITS are not deleted economy will continue being a trash as actually is, nobody sells, nobody buys because no exist reason  to do.

 

DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE NO LEGIT ITEMS!!!!   greetings!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

 you are back in game? i was thinking you were banned lol.

Technically I am, I simply made a toon to see if they resolved one of the many dupes.

 

If my main account gets unbanned I'll probably be in-game sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

 you are back in game? i was thinking you were banned lol.

 

i think about quit some weight to mats will help actual state till dupes are repaired.

 

I dont have any idea how people did dupe, or how worked and i dont want to know, is really tard to do that, but if split is main cause of do it, best way is not put split again till exploit is repaired.

 

Game is already dead by dupes, if is allowed split again, people will dupe again and economy will fall dowm more than actually is ( actually is 90% dead).

 

Another thing is to "DELETE" all items duped, i know people can say they bought legit that item but is not FAIR a item NO LEGIT remain in game ( here enter chips and items)

 

If items NO LEGITS are not deleted economy will continue being a trash as actually is, nobody sells, nobody buys because no exist reason  to do.

 

DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE NO LEGIT ITEMS!!!!   greetings!!

Not sure they can tell all duped items as years ago my legit item was deleted after I reported a duplicate turning up in the mail from auction (was around the time when the server was being ddos hard). So I lost 2 scavenger shirts instead of just the duplicate. I could of sent in another ticket stating both were deleted and requesting my legit shirt back but didn't bother. At the time, G1 had their hands full lol.

 

Plus could you imagine the hours it would take to go through every toons items looking for duplicates? Pretty sure they have more pressing things to do.

Edited by Dracio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should've del duplicate, and live free. Its the same solution, as if anyone from team dealt with it:classic_happy:

Bout duped items...welp, actually they're tagged...so, its not hard to find em...all of em. LO concern is (ofc, since they care bout players that have nothing to do with dupe), that some of them was more then legally sold to many players...del all, and u got a riot. And they will be right. Its not their problem. They paid for it, and fore grind chips, all fair and square. Its no matter, if dupers got items on hands, if their accs are all banned. No access - no more items to dupe. Works both ways. Besides, dupers accs will likely to be del from the base at all, not simply banned.

And if u noticed, less rare items in chat and ah appear in last month or so, bit more even...like few weeks, then split was off'ed (imo at least). Some lag happens rarely, ik. Either way, work in progress. No notify? Well, u cant solve it...nobody telling u anything. Pretty logical to me:classic_cool:.

Now...last piece of puzzle. Dracio, ur item (original) was deleted cuz of this - part of this "tag" i talked bout, is a special unique number every item have (not the only one though). Simple counter, nothing much. But...then dupe created, same unique number persists, and then both items have it. SAME NUMBER. Anomaly, that is impossible otherwise. Ur item was del by that number, that caused both items to vanish. What i know, is that dupes created by lag, should all be affected by this "tag"...though, other methods of dupe - other "tags" to find dupes, btw. At the same time, there is a diff between original and dupe (other "tags"), so...why item was deleted by that tag is a mystery to me, since it was possible to see which one is original. Either its only a part of the story, or someone doin their job messy. Who knows:classic_dry:

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stack splitting should obviously be reintroduced, duping is the issue.

The matter of the fact is the old company did not give a damn about the players or the game, the dupe was out in the open over 5 years and not fixed.

This is not a permanent thing, they applied a band aid and gave the game away as a part of the APB sale.

Many games have had this exact dupe and fixed it overnight when it was found, it is literally the most common dupe.

I duped of course as did many players, the dupe is actually as old as the game *I assume* so imagine how long this was being used quietly before 2013 and the developers were aware.

To sum it up, you will have your stack splitting soon enough and no more duping. I personally think we need a server wipe and all webstore coins refunded as "store credit". Maybe some other loyalty rewards to the old players who did not spend anything.
As the game currently stands there is always gonna be someone with 10,000 gingerbread, 10,000 DT serum, etc.

The game will never be balanced again without a server wipe or item wipe.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RenoTheOne said:

Stack splitting should obviously be reintroduced, duping is the issue.

The matter of the fact is the old company did not give a damn about the players or the game, the dupe was out in the open over 5 years and not fixed.

This is not a permanent thing, they applied a band aid and gave the game away as a part of the APB sale.

Many games have had this exact dupe and fixed it overnight when it was found, it is literally the most common dupe.

I duped of course as did many players, the dupe is actually as old as the game *I assume* so imagine how long this was being used quietly before 2013 and the developers were aware.

To sum it up, you will have your stack splitting soon enough and no more duping. I personally think we need a server wipe and all webstore coins refunded as "store credit". Maybe some other loyalty rewards to the old players who did not spend anything.
As the game currently stands there is always gonna be someone with 10,000 gingerbread, 10,000 DT serum, etc.

The game will never be balanced again without a server wipe or item wipe.

 

There has to be a wipe eventually if duped items can't be balanced. But at the same time a lot of stuff in this game needs to be fixed and improved so we can get more players and more population before a wipe.

Edited by Shrubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Creeping Vulture said:

Bout duped items...welp, actually they're tagged...so, its not hard to find em...all of em. LO concern is (ofc, since they care bout players that have nothing to do with dupe), that some of them was more then legally sold to many players...del all, and u got a riot. And they will be right. Its not their problem. They paid for it, and fore grind chips, all fair and square. Its no matter, if dupers got items on hands, if their accs are all banned. No access - no more items to dupe. Works both ways. Besides, dupers accs will likely to be del from the base at all, not simply banned.

You can just refund all the G1C credits and reward points to those that payed unless purchase history isn't recorded. If that's the case then pretty much fix duping exploit and move on without wipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nobody EVER goin to do such a thing...thats...pointless, trust me. Never ever saw that implemented anywhere, btw.

To sum it up - NO WIPE. Mkay? LO not goin to wipe anything...massively. Like, server-wide...everything, and for everyone. Cheaters accs will be del from database likely, aside from that...nah, nothing else. There is a way for everything to work perfectly...its "under construction". The end.

P.S. - Almost. Dracio, forgot to ask - did u buy that shirt personally from market, or elsewhere? If that was "market case", logs saved for a pretty long time, and likely all info is still safe. U can create a ticket even now, if u care:classic_happy:.

Edited by Creeping Vulture
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Creeping Vulture said:

Nobody EVER goin to do such a thing...thats...pointless, trust me. Never ever saw that implemented anywhere, btw.

To sum it up - NO WIPE. Mkay? LO not goin to wipe anything...massively. Like, server-wide...everything, and for everyone. Cheaters accs will be del from database likely, aside from that...nah, nothing else. There is a way for everything to work perfectly...its "under construction". The end.

P.S. - Almost. Dracio, forgot to ask - did u buy that shirt personally from market, or elsewhere? If that was "market case", logs saved for a pretty long time, and likely all info is still safe. U can create a ticket even now, if u care:classic_happy:.

Holy freak out.... You must be heavily invested.... You realize we are just speculating right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Creeping Vulture said:

Nobody EVER goin to do such a thing...thats...pointless, trust me. Never ever saw that implemented anywhere, btw.

To sum it up - NO WIPE. Mkay? LO not goin to wipe anything...massively. Like, server-wide...everything, and for everyone. Cheaters accs will be del from database likely, aside from that...nah, nothing else. There is a way for everything to work perfectly...its "under construction". The end.

P.S. - Almost. Dracio, forgot to ask - did u buy that shirt personally from market, or elsewhere? If that was "market case", logs saved for a pretty long time, and likely all info is still safe. U can create a ticket even now, if u care:classic_happy:.

Note that this exploit was rampant for YEARS until finally GMs and devs listened. Who knows how many duped items are there. TBH with you, I don't believe there should be a wipe without a major update.

 

Edited by Shrubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Creeping Vulture said:

Nobody EVER goin to do such a thing...thats...pointless, trust me. Never ever saw that implemented anywhere, btw.

To sum it up - NO WIPE. Mkay? LO not goin to wipe anything...massively. Like, server-wide...everything, and for everyone. Cheaters accs will be del from database likely, aside from that...nah, nothing else. There is a way for everything to work perfectly...its "under construction". The end.

P.S. - Almost. Dracio, forgot to ask - did u buy that shirt personally from market, or elsewhere? If that was "market case", logs saved for a pretty long time, and likely all info is still safe. U can create a ticket even now, if u care:classic_happy:.

I doubt anyone is going to look at 5 year old logs to return a shirt. Think they have better things to do than have me waste their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 2:59 AM, RenoTheOne said:

Stack splitting should obviously be reintroduced, duping is the issue.

The matter of the fact is the old company did not give a damn about the players or the game, the dupe was out in the open over 5 years and not fixed.

This is not a permanent thing, they applied a band aid and gave the game away as a part of the APB sale.

Many games have had this exact dupe and fixed it overnight when it was found, it is literally the most common dupe.

I duped of course as did many players, the dupe is actually as old as the game *I assume* so imagine how long this was being used quietly before 2013 and the developers were aware.

To sum it up, you will have your stack splitting soon enough and no more duping. I personally think we need a server wipe and all webstore coins refunded as "store credit". Maybe some other loyalty rewards to the old players who did not spend anything.
As the game currently stands there is always gonna be someone with 10,000 gingerbread, 10,000 DT serum, etc.

The game will never be balanced again without a server wipe or item wipe.

 

Except those are minor balance issues at the end of the day and can easily be mitigated. DT serum was only a 'rare' commodity when DT was a valuable or needed commodity. And gingerbread is a minor benefit in the first place. I personally can't think of an offseason consume that is truly valuable...gingerbread is the closest and with where speed sits currently it's more of a gimmick. There is also the fact the consume system needs to be revamped in the fist place...it's about 5/6 years out of date.

 

The better argument would be for mats for weps/suits before anything else. Then again the smarter ones would be turning these into suits/weps due to the duplicate tag being removed when doing so(likely at least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter. All I know is I have never duped. I have never knowingly bought a duped item.  Yet I can not split stacks now and that impinges on everything in game I do.  SO I would like stack splitting returned.  Yes this is about what I want.  There still has NOT been any announcement about when it will be returned.   All crafting and event giveaways are pretty much on hold waiting to find out what's the deal on the stack splitting. If it is never going to be added back I would like to know now.  Its time to fish or cut bait.  I know ShyLo said they were looking into it. I am trying to be patient. This is more in response to players posts at this point.  No to a server wipe No to almost every suggestion you all have thrown out there.  All you are doing with ideas of server wipes and clan vault closure etc are just irking those of us who have played since the beginning in 09 and stayed with the game.  Again all of these suggestions punish everyone in game. Not just the dupers.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I craft now I have to completely empty my pack (which is no easy feat).

Since i can't carry much but what I'm crafting  (especially on low level characters) I'm stuck standing in a town, doing absolutely nothing except checking crafting. It is boring, a pain in the neck and is NOT making the game enjoyable.

 

I like to be able to free roam and DO stuff while I craft, not be restricted. Helping out people with mats when they require it is such a pain now, it isn't worth the effort unless you have a merchant near by you can buy the mats for them.

 

UGGHHHH crafting is a central part of FE and right now no splitting is making it unbearable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dracio said:

When I craft now I have to completely empty my pack (which is no easy feat).

Since i can't carry much but what I'm crafting  (especially on low level characters) I'm stuck standing in a town, doing absolutely nothing except checking crafting. It is boring, a pain in the neck and is NOT making the game enjoyable.

 

I like to be able to free roam and DO stuff while I craft, not be restricted. Helping out people with mats when they require it is such a pain now, it isn't worth the effort unless you have a merchant near by you can buy the mats for them.

 

UGGHHHH crafting is a central part of FE and right now no splitting is making it unbearable.

To be fair Nysek's suggestion to sell...move the stack then rebuy what was sold is the best bet for going around it. I've joked it's permanent but it is likely a short term seal to plug the leak so they can do a proper repair, or at least in the meantime mitigate any damage or perceived damage.

 

Although a bandaid for the bandaid would be to disable weight as nysek also suggested(but this would remove the point of the flag bandaid).

Edited by MICFILLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

To be fair Nysek's suggestion to sell...move the stack then rebuy what was sold is the best bet for going around it. I've joked it's permanent but it is likely a short term seal to plug the leak so they can do a proper repair, or at least in the meantime mitigate any damage or perceived damage.

 

Although a bandaid for the bandaid would be to disable weight as nysek also suggested(but this would remove the point of the flag bandaid).


I just like the fact that afterwards we get to rip it off afterward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but the suggestion of split buy selling does no good at all when you can't even get that 100 stack from bank because of overweight !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

To be fair Nysek's suggestion to sell...move the stack then rebuy what was sold is the best bet for going around it. I've joked it's permanent but it is likely a short term seal to plug the leak so they can do a proper repair, or at least in the meantime mitigate any damage or perceived damage.

 

Although a bandaid for the bandaid would be to disable weight as nysek also suggested(but this would remove the point of the flag bandaid).

Well the selling to merchants isn't a good option, not a viable work around for me at all. Many have suggested the weight be removed until the split issue is fixed. Seems the best option imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 3:06 PM, NysekZePope said:

Technically I am, I simply made a toon to see if they resolved one of the many dupes.

 

If my main account gets unbanned I'll probably be in-game sooner rather than later.

welcome back to fallen earth home!! i wish we have more epic batles as in past ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Prometheus2011 said:

Priorities...

Stack splitting is a priority for me. What are you trying to say?

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

We are turning back on stack splitting. It was a stop-gap measure to buy some time while we dug into the code to see if we could get the issue corrected. Upon further reflecting the lack of stack splitting is doing more damage than good, so it's being added back in.

 

Sorry about that,

Matt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×