Hollywood7098

When are we going to get stack splitting back?

Haven't been playing lately but hey is the Split back yet?

Edited by Hollywood7098

sorely missed, hope it returns Soon™

29 minutes ago, FoxFox said:

Until they fix Duping, Split remains gone.

without the Lag issues dupers would not be able to use split to dupe so splits not really broke

if splitting won't come back any time soon, might as well remove weight limit!!

1 hour ago, Quantrill01 said:

without the Lag issues dupers would not be able to use split to dupe so splits not really broke

Lag is only a factor in some dupes, the most common dupe was indeed with splitting which did not require lag.

Yet when I reported it, then bashed Tiggs for claiming it was still there... she dropped a ban hammer since nothing (still) was being done 5 years after the exploit was reported.

Split "is" broken, but not because it splits... it's what can be done with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NysekZePope said:

Lag is only a factor in some dupes, the most common dupe was indeed with splitting which did not require lag.

Yet when I reported it, then bashed Tiggs for claiming it was still there... she dropped a ban hammer since nothing (still) was being done 5 years after the exploit was reported.

Split "is" broken, but not because it splits... it's what can be done with it.

She's gone now finally, hallelujah! :classic_smile:

Anyway the duping needs to be fixed pronto and splitting feature added back otherwise remove the weight limit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quantrill01 said:

well if it allows dupes lag or not then most would consider it to be broken 😜

Edited by Ozium

My idea about getting a split option back without scare of dupping is - do split option without need of dragging items. It should work like this: by right mouse button click on stack of items, select split and amount as before (like 5/60) and then splitted amount would appear immediately in inventory (5 pcs).

As I know just the need of drag items causes dupping either it's targeted or caused by lag of server.

Edited by Lukasocz
  • Like 1

Actually, point is, that split is already works like that - u click, enter amount, bam! Removing ability to split while holding shift+drag item would solve only part of the problem though. Yet, there was no need to deactivate all split, from that point of view...but, its a side effect actually. The very option to split (create another item, while having original intact) is why split was disabled.

Split while dragging could be disabled, yet its not goin to solve "split dupe" problem, since split option will work itself.

Team is working, give em time. There is a few options how to solve that, and all we should do is wait. Simple job, aint it:classic_happy:?

4 minutes ago, Creeping Vulture said:

Actually, point is, that split is already works like that - u click, enter amount, bam! Removing ability to split while holding shift+drag item would solve only part of the problem though. Yet, there was no need to deactivate all split, from that point of view...but, its a side effect actually. The very option to split (create another item, while having original intact) is why split was disabled.

Split while dragging could be disabled, yet its not goin to solve "split dupe" problem, since split option will work itself.

Team is working, give em time. There is a few options how to solve that, and all we should do is wait. Simple job, aint it:classic_happy:?

You don't need to hold shift, by default if you right click and use "split" you will be able to still drag a stack.

But yes if dragging could be removed entirely and it force split in the inventory (or clan vault) directly without allowing the ability to drag stacks... it would solve the issue I believe. Would require testing to be 100% sure tho.

Its doing my head in. So much so, i wont be spending a red cent on this game until I see it fixed. I would also like to see some sort of plan with FE, even after the fix, before i consider putting more money into it. I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I want to see more recipes, an increase in level from 55 to 60. I have been playing since the game went live on steam. and i would like to see a future rather than a count down to shut down. Simple as that. 

So G1 disabled stack splitting in FE about 2 weeks before you took ownership. We were told it was a temporary solution. Its been 6 weeks now almost.  Splitting stacks in the vault, and in inventory has been a game function for 9 years. I understand it was disabled because asshats are cheating, but its the actual crafters and players who are playing that can not distribute either selling or giving away unless you give the whole stack. i understand there is a merchant work around that you can sell a stack and then go back and buy them one at a time..ok why would I do that?  I am NOT going to sell stuff to a merchant only to buy it back.  At events I make boosters, tents, food, drink and rewards and pass them out. Now I have to pass out a whole stack to each person etc...That's just tiring and time consuming and punishes the players.  If a 9 year old game mechanic is going to never come back, I think we should be informed.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Mutare 

Beta player

Clan Leader of TAO teh oldest faction clan in FE

Retired Hazmat Team member

• Like 2

The idea of closing down clan vaults to stop the duping is also not a great idea.   Folks who are PVE or crafters and PVP players share the vaults with thier clanmates. removing that option after almost 9 years would just cause  the rest to quit.

• Thanks 1

(For the convenience of browsing and discussion, I've merged two threads with the same topic in one.)

Yea this seriously needs to be fixed already. The other night a new player asked if anyone in the area had coarse sugar. I offered only to find out splitting didn't work anymore. To hand off the amount he needed I had to go to a vendor, sell the amount I wanted to split, put the remaining stack in my car inventory, and then buy back the smaller stack. That's nuts. It's a fundamental game mechanic, put someone on it for a few hours or a day or two and fix it.

5 hours ago, Mutarenebula said:

The idea of closing down clan vaults to stop the duping is also not a great idea.   Folks who are PVE or crafters and PVP players share the vaults with thier clanmates. removing that option after almost 9 years would just cause  the rest to quit.

To be fair you said you didn't care if it duped yet it makes the servers lag to unplayable status.

The dupe needs to be fixed, I hope they find a method but what they decide is whatever they decide.

Split needs to come back, but not as the cost of a worse economy and poor server health.

And quite a few PVE'ers bought, or got, duped items knowingly... Plenty are guilty.

And PVP clans aren't excluded from this... But that's a can of worms not worth arguing since the purpose is fixing the issue not getting more people banned.

I said I didnt care because I do not cheat. I think its unfair to remove a game mechanic thats been in game since I started in Beta and expect me to keep playing.  This is game breaking for alot of us and 6 weeks is time enough  to at least tel;l us if they plan to return stack splitting or is it gone forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fairly sure this was changed before LO was announced to taking over FE. But yes a status update would be nice, I highly doubt they intend to simply leave that feature out.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will discuss this with our team tomorrow morning.

Apologies for the delay in reply over the weekend.

• Thanks 1

Fine, i'll throw a word or two...

...First of all, where do u guys take that "100% info" bout "they gonna delete clan vault to fix dupe" for example? Just cuz u saw it in random comment, or maketh it urself doesnt means its true. Ask official to clarify, instead of spreading it like "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!":classic_laugh:. It sounds just like that, yes:classic_biggrin: Ok, now...

Nobody goin to do that, mkay?:classic_wink: Vaults (clan or not) stays, split stays. Simple. Removing weight limit is out of the question, as much as i know. It benefits dupe imo(easier to carry stacks of mats?:classic_dry:), and all of us make it thru this years without it...or to be precise, with it (weight limit). So, im 99%(1% is always a statistical discrepancy, nothing in common with accuracy of my info or how i got it) sure it stays, the end.

Regarding LO state of "this problem" and their fix - u may not know, but, technically, the day then Matt told ya all, on already old forum, bout LO buyout of G1 etc, is not the actual date, then they became an owner(more like a "hired gun" actually, btw). Its just a regular day on a job, then he told ya all. LO had FE for some time already, so it was them switching split off. Okay?:classic_cool:

Not goin to quote, just look up and recognize ur own comment(s):classic_smile:

The end?

@ShyLO  Thanks for giving us a response.

@Creeping Vulture...you know you already  push my buttons. Stop correcting me.

Mutare

The Awakened Order (T.A.0.) Guild Leader

Retired Hazmat Team member

Beta player

QBOTFU

Edited by Mutarenebula
speling
  • Like 1