Optimus_Crime

disappearing UI icons

some UI icons disappear when having switched through one character to another, these include contact, objective, teammate/enemy icons and etc. forcing you to either restart the game or use the entire 2D map to navigate and quite ineffectively at that. This bug has been here for months I can't believe it still has been overlooked.

Knowing an issue exists doesn't automatically mean you can reproduce it reliably and from there be able to determine what exactly is causing it to break

15 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Try turning off contact markers in the UI, as suggested in a similar thread. I have never experienced this issue and I play with the contact markers turned off.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/15499-map-points/?do=findComment&comment=196343

Interesting, I do as well but I only gotten it 1/10000 times. Good info to have if that is the case.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:13 PM, Kevkof said:

Knowing an issue exists doesn't automatically mean you can reproduce it reliably and from there be able to determine what exactly is causing it to break

I can reproduce this this very very reliably.

16 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Actual steps or just when you do x a bunch ?

22 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Switch my character, switch back and switch again. Join a server, Icons are all gone. Cant see teammates or mission. This has been happening years.

12 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Switch my character, switch back and switch again. Join a server, Icons are all gone. Cant see teammates or mission. This has been happening years.

While we already knew this was a way to replicate it, I don't think I've seen it this reproduce able on live.

I was getting it on the 4th join, another SPCT got it on 3rd join and yet another test subject got it after 5.

We had QA trying this on dev before I believe, but they weren't able to reproduce it there.

I'll try to get them to try again with the exact steps and settings we were using.

Testing this myself after changing character 5 times I lose all icons, I believe on the 4th time it was partially broken with some showing and some not and the occasional few randomly appearing and disappearing